Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-02-2017, 04:23 PM   #31
stalkerforlife
Free the banned users.

Default Re: Bitcoin @ $1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
You should get a hardware wallet if you are going to hold any serious amount of money... If you are using money that you can easily afford to lose there are various free wallets that you can put on your phone.

Look into trezor if you're going with a hardware wallet...

Look into mycelium if you have an android phone... I don't have any experience with ios wallets...

As far as the exchange goes... I'm using coinbase. I've never had a problem with them but I've seen numerous complaints and nightmare stories. You might want to check out gemini.

You also don't need an exchange if you use local bitcoins or go find a bitcoin atm... you'll pay a higher premium though

As you've stated, this is really confusing.

I only want to use it to buy this Modafinil drug that I hear can give me great focus in school. I may use it for other things in the future, but that is my main concern as i'm about to start some extremely hard classes.

Question...if I buy 50 worth of bitcoin, will that then purchase me something that costs 50 US dollars?
stalkerforlife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 04:33 PM   #32
macmac
Gov'n

I bought 20k of bitcoin and 10k of Ethereum over a month ago. Storing it on an offline wallet, don't trust anything else.

I'm gonna just let it ride for 5-10years won't try to speculate with it. Just insurance in case it becomes a major currency
macmac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 04:43 PM   #33
Orlando Magic
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
As you've stated, this is really confusing.

I only want to use it to buy this Modafinil drug that I hear can give me great focus in school. I may use it for other things in the future, but that is my main concern as i'm about to start some extremely hard classes.

Question...if I buy 50 worth of bitcoin, will that then purchase me something that costs 50 US dollars?

To obtain $50.00 worth of bitcoin will probably not get you a $50.00 product until the bitcoin you hold appreciates in value, which right now it's skyrocketing so it wouldn't be long although that could change at any moment, because you are going to have to pay a fee to get the bitcoin.

I highly suggest you do a lot of reading and play around with minimal amounts before you jump head first.

www.bitcointalk.org
www.reddit.com/r/bitcoin
www.coindesk.com/information/

You stating that it's confusing is true. There's quite a bit of information to consume. I know quite bit but I pale in comparison to the guys that write the code and truly understand the in's and out's of the tech and dedicate hours daily into learning about it.

The fact that it is complicated at first is another problem it faces... I think that problem will be solved sooner than later also, but it's a problem nonetheless.

Last edited by Orlando Magic : 05-02-2017 at 04:47 PM.
Orlando Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 04:46 PM   #34
Orlando Magic
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
I bought 20k of bitcoin and 10k of Ethereum over a month ago. Storing it on an offline wallet, don't trust anything else.

I'm gonna just let it ride for 5-10years won't try to speculate with it. Just insurance in case it becomes a major currency

I can't tell the future but if your holdings in BTC are that high you may want to pay close attention and sell when the downward trend starts... because... the BTC value is way too high right now and there WILL be a pullback. If there's not, I'll be shocked.

If the situation with Bitfinex turns really sour that could lead to panic selling... this is no where near the scale of the Gox situation but it will have an impact.

Although if you bought over a month ago you're probably fine and in a safe range.
Old 05-02-2017, 04:48 PM   #35
Smoke117
Point God

fake news

Op is a fakkot

Op is a cuck

didn't read lozlozlzozl z.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 04:50 PM   #36
Orlando Magic
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
fake news

Op is a fakkot

Op is a cuck

didn't read lozlozlzozl z.

Saving this little juicy nugget for a later date. :)
Old 05-02-2017, 05:16 PM   #37
macmac
Gov'n

Quote:
I can't tell the future but if your holdings in BTC are that high you may want to pay close attention and sell when the downward trend starts... because... the BTC value is way too high right now and there WILL be a pullback. If there's not, I'll be shocked.

If the situation with Bitfinex turns really sour that could lead to panic selling... this is no where near the scale of the Gox situation but it will have an impact.

Although if you bought over a month ago you're probably fine and in a safe range.

I prefer not to speculate and just look at it like a non-liquidable asset, there will be huge fluctuations for sure, but all I'm worried about is, where will it be 5,10 years from now
macmac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 05:50 PM   #38
Orlando Magic
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
I prefer not to speculate and just look at it like a non-liquidable asset, there will be huge fluctuations for sure, but all I'm worried about is, where will it be 5,10 years from now

If you're not trying to play the market I am 100% behind your thinking.

I have a large investment in it as well and I have held on through major dips also.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:54 PM   #39
Godzuki
NBA Superstar

there are so many reasons not to invest in bitcoin its crazy people think its smart. good luck getting hacked and all of your bitcoin stolen with no regulated enforcement of it or a money trail to look up. its a hackers treasure chest. nevermind its ridiculous $1500/coin cost which any investor with a clue knows never to buy something at its peak value. thats when u sell it off to all of the low IQ's who are buying. and last but not least its worth absolutely nothing to most legit businesses. they'll go tell u to go exchange it for cash then pay their ass instead of 'virtual currency'. the only reason it maintains value is based on those major exchanges willing to back it with cash but as soon as they run into issues or they collapse for whatever reason, bye bye to bitcoin and your $1500/coin investment

u could blindly invest in the stock market right now and still do way better than u would buying bitcoin at this price

i also find the whole idea of bitcoin mining to be very suspicious with no accountability for the number of bitcoin being in circulation or produced.

Last edited by Godzuki : 05-02-2017 at 06:04 PM.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 06:00 PM   #40
Orlando Magic
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
there are so many reasons not to invest in bitcoin its crazy people think its smart. good luck getting hacked and all of your bitcoin stolen with no regulated enforcement of it or a money trail to look up. its a hackers treasure chest. nevermind its ridiculous $1500/coin cost which any investor with a clue knows never to buy something at its peak value. thats when u sell it off to all of the low IQ's who are buying. and last but not least its worth absolutely nothing to most legit businesses. they'll go tell u to go exchange it for cash then pay their ass instead of 'virtual currency'. the only reason it maintains value is based on those major exchanges willing to back it with cash but as soon as they run into issues or they collapse for whatever reason, bye bye to bitcoin and your $1500/coin investment

u could blindly invest in the stock market right now and still do way better than u would buying bitcoin at this price

Old 05-02-2017, 06:05 PM   #41
Godzuki
NBA Superstar

Quote:

https://cryptocity.wordpress.com/201...-need-to-know/

stock market >>>>>>>>> virtual currency :
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 06:08 PM   #42
Smoke117
Point God

Quote:
Saving this little juicy nugget for a later date. :)

...you got ripped off by a meth head with a junior high education...there is literally zero chance that you could ever get someone else.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 07:07 PM   #43
scuzzy
Banned

Funny you made this thread

Here n there once in awhile, i'll have to buy digital software that isn't necessarily legal, in a sense

Dark web markets are always my first option, the currency used is bitcoin

5 months ago I was reversed scammed for $300 by a vendor through one of the markets

Put in a claim to their mods, never expected them to pursue bc it was hard to provide proof on my part.

Anyways, the other day I went and logged back on for the first time since. Noticed I had 5 messages in my acct box. My claim was approved because the vendor ripped some guy off - and that same guy went and phised his account, changed his pw and locked him out of his entire balance

They rewarded me $300 in full, but because the value of coin went up since then, it's now at $600

That's in SIX months, it doubled up

Problem with BC is it's not user friendly, like at all. It's bitch to deposit, it's a bitch to withdraw and you get taxed out the ass doing so
scuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:17 PM   #44
warriorfan
The Bully

I always thought that bitcoin shit was a scam but I am willing to keep an open ear

Do you have any websites that you would recommend for research?

If it looks good I would probably be willing to throw a grand or two on it

If it doesn't work out it doesn't work out

You gotta risk money to make money, that is how the game is played
warriorfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:22 PM   #45
Dray n Klay
Banned

warriorfan, go play with your cards and leave the money talk to the big boys
Dray n Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: