Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-30-2007, 02:57 AM   #16
IBLEEDGREEN43
Local High School Star

IBLEEDGREEN43 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: How to shed to 5% BF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
how many calories does the "sport" of golf itself burn?

i dk.. but when i play tournaments i play 72 holes in a 4 day weekend.... so thats alot of holes..
IBLEEDGREEN43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:35 AM   #17
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Lift weights. Do cardio. Eat healthy (whole grains, fruits, vegetables, lean meats). Don't drink sugar water crap.

I don't know how low I got before.. but I was looking pretty ****ing nice. I'd post pics, but all my pics are shirtless, and that would be kind of homo.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:36 AM   #18
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
Lift weights. Do cardio. Eat healthy (whole grains, fruits, vegetables, lean meats). Don't drink sugar water crap.

I don't know how low I got before.. but I was looking pretty ****ing nice. I'd post pics, but all my pics are shirtless, and that would be kind of homo.

So is looking at Arnold flexing his muscles homo?

Post your pics chicken.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:37 AM   #19
IBLEEDGREEN43
Local High School Star

IBLEEDGREEN43 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:

yeah its all no homo on ISH, exepct for baller aka boxer.. hes the one standout homosexual on here..
IBLEEDGREEN43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:41 AM   #20
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
So is looking at Arnold flexing his muscles homo?

Post your pics chicken.

Naw. I've looked at many people's pictures that show their progress. However, this is a basketball forum and not a bodybuilding forum.

Also, my chest was really weak at the time. I didn't have anywhere to do any bench presses or anything. So the fact that I looked pretty nice overall everywhere else except my chest is a little.. I don't know.. makes me a little self-conscious about posting the pics. :p
Old 05-30-2007, 03:53 AM   #21
Jabes
Banned

Jabes has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Also, my chest was really weak at the time. I didn't have anywhere to do any bench presses or anything. So the fact that I looked pretty nice overall everywhere else except my chest is a little.. I don't know.. makes me a little self-conscious about posting the pics. :p
Cheap man's bench: Two hands and a floor.

Last edited by Jabes : 05-30-2007 at 03:57 AM.
Jabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:53 AM   #22
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation

Quote:
So the fact that I looked pretty nice overall everywhere else except my chest makes me a little self-conscious about posting the pics. :p

Ah, see the truth isn't so bad... didn't need the homo talk after all.

Not everyone has the genetics to be built like a Mack truck, but you still can work hard and make progress like you did.

Last edited by Chalkmaze : 05-30-2007 at 04:17 AM.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:59 AM   #23
reppy
Apparently likes anime

Naw. I've showed my pic to many people. More than I count, really. Got plenty of compliments. Girls were impressed.

But really, the fact that I would be posting topless pictures to a site that is majority guys .. is a bit off putting. Especially since they're screen caps from videos I recorded of myself working out. I mean, that's a little homo, too.

Not only that, but I'd probably be trolled off the boards forever. Every single person would save it to their HD and Photoshop the **** out of it.

In fact, I even pasted several of them to a channel full of my buddies on it. They did a bunch of Photoshops. A few Fabio "I can't believe it's not butter" jokes (I had long hair at the time).

Last edited by reppy : 05-30-2007 at 04:02 AM.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:24 AM   #24
Jabes
Banned

Could someone explain to me how bf% effects the game of bball. I mean as a player, you obviously don't want to be a fatass, but why would a coach/trainer set bf% goals for a player who already has pretty good bf%, and how does lowering bf% help your game?
Old 05-30-2007, 04:34 AM   #25
reppy
Apparently likes anime

In basketball, you jump a lot.

I remember hearing something like, if you weigh 250lbs, when you come down after jumping it's the equivalent of about 1000lbs on your knees.

Basically, fat is just slowing down you. Unless you rely on it to bully people around in the post, it's just putting extra strain on your body when you run up and down the court.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:13 AM   #26
Jabes
Banned

Quote:
In basketball, you jump a lot.
You don't say, I hadn't noticed .

Quote:
I remember hearing something like, if you weigh 250lbs, when you come down after jumping it's the equivalent of about 1000lbs on your knees.

Basically, fat is just slowing down you. Unless you rely on it to bully people around in the post, it's just putting extra strain on your body when you run up and down the court.
Thanks, In hindsight it was a pretty dumb question.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:14 AM   #27
AirGauge23
Sound the Charge

AirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

How tall are you, Reppy? And how much do you weigh?
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:07 AM   #28
reppy
Apparently likes anime

Right now? I'm about 5'11" and 160lbs. I don't have as much muscle as I used to, though. Back when I was more muscular and defined, I weighed the same as I do now. However, my BF% was lower.\

Back when I was a stoner, I ballooned up into 200-210lb range. Cut myself down to that muscular state I was in. Then I fell into a depressed state for awhile and gave up on working out (plus I lost the gym membership where I got most of my cardio--in the form of baskteball) and ballooned back up to 200-210lb range.

I've got back down to 160lbs mostly by avoiding fast food and greasy ****. I also do a bit of physical labor, but nothing too intense.

Also, I have lower back problems and as soon as I start hitting 175-180lbs, my back hurts BAD.

Last edited by reppy : 05-30-2007 at 06:13 AM.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:23 AM   #29
AirGauge23
Sound the Charge

AirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Were the same height, give or take a few centimeters. I weigh 182 though, and I was taking of cutting to about 160-165, but I've never been a skinny guy, used to weigh 245, then lost a lot of weight and hit the gym, but I can't get rid of the fat in my stomach. I really don't know if I'm gonna like what I look like if I'm that lean, so I've also thought about bulking up very slowly, and fill up some, then cut to the same weight I am now, but without the gut, a little ab definition would be nice.
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:29 AM   #30
reppy
Apparently likes anime

In my experience, you want to cut first. Don't ever try and bulk and lose fat at the same time.

Last edited by reppy : 05-30-2007 at 06:32 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: