Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-29-2007, 01:43 PM   #1
bayarea07
Kids at the park dunk on me

bayarea07 has not been impressing people
Default anyone working with fedex??

am goin to fill out an application with them today as an package handler. this is gonna be part time as a second job. anyone else a package handler here?

like ur job? how much a hr u get? is there an interview? drug test every month??

thanks in advance
bayarea07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 02:12 PM   #2
24/7
Great young streetballer

24/7 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: anyone working with fedex??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea07
am goin to fill out an application with them today as an package handler. this is gonna be part time as a second job. anyone else a package handler here?

like ur job? how much a hr u get? is there an interview? drug test every month??

thanks in advance

A friend of a friend I know works for Fed Ex. If I remember correctly he said he only makes around $17/hour as a delivery driver. He was complaining that UPS drivers make a lot more. Their hiring process can't be that rigorous, the guy is mentally unstable and not terribly bright. He didn't say anything about drug tests or interviews, but he did say he liked his job overall.
24/7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 04:38 PM   #3
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24/7
A friend of a friend I know works for Fed Ex. If I remember correctly he said he only makes around $17/hour as a delivery driver. He was complaining that UPS drivers make a lot more. Their hiring process can't be that rigorous, the guy is mentally unstable and not terribly bright. He didn't say anything about drug tests or interviews, but he did say he liked his job overall.

$17 an hour in how many years?

Some FedEx routes are independent. The guy who delivers to my work, works for another guy who owns the route. The guy who delivers said he gets paid by the package. (maybe just a commission).

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:02 PM   #4
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

ILLEFEX has an OK reputation so far

as the matter of fact, i work at fedex as a handler, part time........itz not so bad........just a whole lot of lifting.......they started us around $11.50 cuz i asked the other people that just got hired............im not so sure if all fedex express starts you off that much........i heard other stations are less, so i guess depending on the station and where you at..........itz a really good part time like i said........as far as the drug test, they don't test us every month unless you look all stoned or f.u.cked up then they might have you pissed in a cup or what not...............and for that $17/hour.........drivers start off around $14 or $15 depending what kinda driver you are, shuttle or swing? and over the years you get a pretty good raise.................and for the driver who get paid by the box, those are the fedex ground drivers........they actually own their own routes and gets paid per piece, so they make a lot..........got more questions? i hope i got the answer.................and good luck.......
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 08:17 PM   #5
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

I work in sales for FedEx..but I started as a 'Cargo Handler' ..it's a good >>part-time<< job ..it also gives you full benifits...the only real problem I see with it is >>>alot of lifting..and the job can get pretty boring and unchallenging ...

No drug tests
Yes theres an interview
Cargohandlers in Canada make about 11.50 an hour to start
Most people like the job ..but it's more they put up with it!

Last edited by Zan Tabak : 05-29-2007 at 08:21 PM.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 08:32 PM   #6
bayarea07
Kids at the park dunk on me

bayarea07 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
I work in sales for FedEx..but I started as a 'Cargo Handler' ..it's a good >>part-time<< job ..it also gives you full benifits...the only real problem I see with it is >>>alot of lifting..and the job can get pretty boring and unchallenging ...

No drug tests
Yes theres an interview
Cargohandlers in Canada make about 11.50 an hour to start
Most people like the job ..but it's more they put up with it!
cargo handler? is that like at an airport? how old were ya when u were starting at fedex??
bayarea07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:57 PM   #7
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea07
cargo handler? is that like at an airport? how old were ya when u were starting at fedex??
Package Handler and Cargo Handler are basically the same thing(off loading and sorting boxes)..I was 18 when I started...
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: