Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-01-2018, 12:03 PM   #1
Long Duck Dong
Local High School Star

Default Trump and Republican poll numbers up after SoTUA.

You also have to remember Trump's numbers will actually always be higher than what comes out in the polls. Even anonymously people don't want to admit they vote for Trump. I'm one of them. I don't admit I support Trump in public, too many snowflakes are overly sensitive about him and will hold it personally against you if you openly support him.

I'm telling you, immigration is a HUGE loser for the dems but they keep pushing it.

https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-ins...oll_US_013118/

Quote:

Pres. Trump's job rating now stands at 42% approve and 50% disapprove. While his net rating continues to dwell in negative territory, this is an improvement from his December low of 32% approve and 56% disapprove. The current results mark a return to the ratings he received in the late summer and early fall of 2017. Positive signs for Trump include an uptick in public opinion that he has been successful in moving his agenda through Congress and increasing support for the recently enacted tax reform plan.

A majority (55%) of Americans say that Trump has been at least somewhat successful at getting Congress to pass his legislative agenda, while 41% say he has not been successful. This marks a reversal from December - before the tax reform bill was approved - when only 42% said Trump had been successful with Congress and 53% said he had not been successful.

In a look ahead to 2018, Democrats currently hold a negligible edge on the generic Congress ballot. If the election for House of Representatives were held today, 47% of registered voters say they would vote for or lean toward voting for the Democratic candidate in their district compared to 45% who would support the Republican. This marks a dramatic shift from last month, when Democrats held a 15 point advantage on the generic ballot (51% to 36%).

Long Duck Dong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 12:37 PM   #2
fiddy
Raider of Rampage

Default Re: Trump and Republican poll numbers up after SoTUA.

IF you have a drop respect for Trump, you have no self respect.
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 12:42 PM   #3
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
while 41% say he has not been successful

How do 41% of respondents say Trump is not successful at getting Congress to pass his agenda?

We just passed the largest tax cuts in history.

Just goes to show, poll numbers are shit. We know this from last November.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 01:09 PM   #4
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

Nowhere to go but up
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 01:48 PM   #5
nathanjizzle
#Trump4Treason

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
Nowhere to go but up

but trumps poll numbers were down 5 percent from november 15 through december 1st.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 02:23 PM   #6
tpols
we already won

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
How do 41% of respondents say Trump is not successful at getting Congress to pass his agenda?

a lot of people dont see much from the tax cuts... i know i havent and neither has anybody i know. They see it as shareholders and owners just getting that much richer.

And the biggest issue in this country right now is a failed healthcare system... bribes and monopolies galore that have skyrocketed USA prices. They spent 10 months working on that only to produce a pile of dog poo, and rush the tax cuts in the last month as a way to save face. Many people were/are not impressed.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 02:30 PM   #7
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
a lot of people dont see much from the tax cuts... i know i havent and neither has anybody i know.
They donít go into effect until February. Today is the first day of February.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 02:30 PM   #8
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
a lot of people dont see much from the tax cuts... i know i havent and neither has anybody i know. They see it as shareholders and owners just getting that much richer.

And the biggest issue in this country right now is a failed healthcare system... bribes and monopolies galore that have skyrocketed USA prices. They spent 10 months working on that only to produce a pile of dog poo, and rush the tax cuts in the last month as a way to save face. Many people were/are not impressed.

Over 3,000,000 US employees got, at the very least, a one time bonus of $1,000. About 1/2 of those will actually see a permanent increase in pay and/or benefits.

If you have a 401k, you are benefiting from the tax cuts.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 02:33 PM   #9
bladefd
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:

I am sure many of them are Trump fans who wish Congress would pass everything Trump wants from top to bottom.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 02:47 PM   #10
tpols
we already won

Quote:
Over 3,000,000 US employees got, at the very least, a one time bonus of $1,000. About 1/2 of those will actually see a permanent increase in pay and/or benefits.

If you have a 401k, you are benefiting from the tax cuts.

Thats less than 1% of the country man.... that means you see 100 people, 99 were unaffected or worse. The 401k stuff is silly since everybodys 401k's have been expanding since like 2010. The biggest thing with those is you cant withdraw it all at once early unless you pay some ridiculous % back (i think 25%), and when the bubble pops, all those years of gains will be gone in one day.

Cutting tax rates on corps and going on twitter everyday screaming ECONOMY isnt fixing all the failed infrastructure in this country... transportation, education, and healthcare is all still ****ed with no solution in sight. People dont like that.
Old 02-01-2018, 02:50 PM   #11
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Gee the Dems are all negative again. What a surprise.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 02:57 PM   #12
tpols
we already won

and i dont even dislike trump that much the more it goes along... its more the backwards ass republicans hes forced to back.
Old 02-01-2018, 04:40 PM   #13
bladefd
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Cutting tax rates on corps and going on twitter everyday screaming ECONOMY isnt fixing all the failed infrastructure in this country... transportation, education, and healthcare is all still ****ed with no solution in sight. People dont like that.

Energy as well. Trump has been resisting solar energy and even natural gas to some degree by continuing to tout coal. It's okay, he can't continue it without taking a hit, especially since natural gas is as cheap or cheaper than coal.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 05:52 PM   #14
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Energy as well. Trump has been resisting solar energy and even natural gas to some degree by continuing to tout coal. It's okay, he can't continue it without taking a hit, especially since natural gas is as cheap or cheaper than coal.
What are you talking about? Because of Trump, America is now exporting liquified natural gas to Europe and cutting into Russia’s business. What do you think fracking is?
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 05:58 PM   #15
Hawker
Repeal FATCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd

Dude Trump aint doing shit to stop natural gas. Stop reading his tweets and thinking it has some type of enormous policy effect on the world.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: