Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-16-2017, 04:44 PM   #31
JohnnySic
green is good

Default Re: 2017 Draft Lottery Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derka
The Celtics never, ever win the lottery so I'm not holding my breath for tonight.

If we do luck out and get #1, take Fultz. If it ends up 2-4, trade the f*ck out of it.
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Celtics fell to #4. They never have luck in this thing.

The thing is, this year it doesn't really matter. At #4 you can still get a great prospect (Tatum, Isaac, Fox, maybe even Jackson if the teams above you all take guards).

Also at #4, you likely avoid Ball, who imo is overrated and will be an average pro player.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 04:45 PM   #32
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurple
I can guarantee you that Denver wont select Ferguson.. just trying to help you out

We need defense, shooting is a non issue

Ferguson is a solid defender though, he isn't just a shooter. Had he remained in Tucson as opposed to playing for the peanuts in Australia, he'd have buzz around him being a top 7 pick. Dude literally plays both ends of the floor at a respectable level.

But hey, I'd love for him to drop, Doc to be fired, and the Clips to buy a pick to take him. Would prefer it.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 05:11 PM   #33
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naero
I think the Lakers are replete enough of young talent to steadily rebuild with or without it, but I'd definitely love to retain this draft pick as a safety cushion in case none of the current pillars blossom or if there is no prudential trade that can be made for a superstar (can't depend strongly on the free-agency pool to fish in superstars nowadays due to various reasons).

For once, I'd love all the anti-Lakers conspiricists to be proven right in their theories that they plan to rig the draft in favor of the Lakers. The Internet will be fraught with meltdowns if the Lakers win the number-one pick, and I'll love it enough that I'll actually snoop around the #rigged hashtag on Twitter to see all of the gems.

The Lakers need that pick. 100%. Can't really even explain how important it is. This draft has some great prospects near the top. They could add a potential superstar next to Ingram/Randle/Russell. I think sliding Russell over to the SG spot next to Ball would benefit him alot as well. His physical tools have kinda limited what he can do creating vs others at the NBA level. The Lakers have good young talent, but IMO a step behind some other young squads and if they hit on this years pick that could potentially change.

Probably the only time I'll be able to say this a Nuggets fan but I'll actually feel for Lakers fans if they lose it. They'd eventually lose another to Orlando, right? After the season they had, you need lottery talent. Can't imagine being a Brooklyn fan.

Outside of the Nuggets pick, the Lakers/Philly situation actually makes the lotto super exciting. It's so important for both franchises.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 05:13 PM   #34
Rooster
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
Some college player's games translate better to the NBA game. Fultz will likely be one of those.

True but name me one great NBA player from a bad college team with the win collum in a single digit or less than .500.

I think he will be good based on the eye test and metrics but not a franchise changer.
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 05:58 PM   #35
DeRozan m8
See ya Kiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Ferguson won't be a SG this day and age, he's going to be playing the three in the NBA unless a team wants to go big, which is rare.

Its not rare, you idiot
DeRozan m8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:01 PM   #36
Bosnian Sajo
Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster
True but name me one great NBA player from a bad college team with the win collum in a single digit or less than .500.

I think he will be good based on the eye test and metrics but not a franchise changer.

This, 100%.

Damian Lillard, who played for Weber St. lead them to 25-7 and 30-7 records in 2011 and 2012 respectively. He lead a small school to a winning record, while Fultz's team this year was 9-22, .290 record. Absolute trash.

I understand the whole transition argument, but my point is if you're supposed to be this great player and your college team is .290? What does that tell you? He doesn't impact the game enough to lead his team to wins...how tf will he do it against bigger, better, and stronger defenders? I just don't see it.
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:24 PM   #37
Rooster
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
The Lakers need that pick. 100%. Can't really even explain how important it is. This draft has some great prospects near the top. They could add a potential superstar next to Ingram/Randle/Russell. I think sliding Russell over to the SG spot next to Ball would benefit him alot as well. His physical tools have kinda limited what he can do creating vs others at the NBA level. The Lakers have good young talent, but IMO a step behind some other young squads and if they hit on this years pick that could potentially change.

Yeah this is the Lakers playoffs, the lottery Sad but true. Fans are not used to losing and tanking. Never been on this predicament, thanks to Jimbo and Mitch. But we did accumulated a lot of talents.

Ingram will be special once he gets it going, our go to guy so speak. He has the physical attributes to be great at both ends and has that 3 level skills for point of attack to be a franchise player. However, DLo is more of a point guard than Lonzo especially in a halfcourt setting. Lonzo do well in catch and shoot with that awkward release and also get most of his other FG on assisted lobs. Lonzo can set the pace though and move the ball quickly in transitional game. He can be that player that can find a good shot in 7 seconds or less.
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:31 PM   #38
fourkicks44
WE WERE RIGHT!

fourkicks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:33 PM   #39
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Hoping the Lakers get the first pick. Mainly because I like how they continued to compete at the end of the season.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:57 PM   #40
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Hoping the Lakers get the first pick. Mainly because I like how they continued to compete at the end of the season.
They benched their two highest paying player while they were healthy and traded their best player.
bigkingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:59 PM   #41
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhi m8
Its not rare, you idiot

How many teams played a SG over 6'7 for extended periods?
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 07:13 PM   #42
raprap
NBA rookie of the year

If wolves got a high pick and pick Lonzo....
raprap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 07:28 PM   #43
brownmamba00
Cali Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiiiiNG
Do you actually have any of your own thoughts or do you just regurgitate What you read from Lakers film room/blog?
What? Watch some Markelle Fultz highlights and tell me his ceiling isn't a more slasher style Kyrie. He reminds of a young Westbrook as well as far as body type goes.

Still tho Josh Jackson might be the best player coming out this draft.
brownmamba00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 07:31 PM   #44
brownmamba00
Cali Love

Quote:
No kidding. The Washington Huskies lost more games by more than 15 than they did within 5 on top of the abysmal record.

Funny, because all advanced metrics point to Lonzo being a good shooter. Here's his attempts from 3 (yes, the college line but if you saw UCLA play more than once, you'd know that he took the majority of his threes from around and beyond the NBA arc) versus Fultz and some other "great" shooters. Now, this doesn't mean Lonzo is the best of the bunch but it is an absolute joke to say he can't shoot.

Lonzo: 41.2% from 3 on 5.2 attempts per game, 67.3% TS, 66.8% eFG
Fultz: 41.3% from 3 on 5 attempts per game, 55.8% TS, 53.5% eFG
Monk: 39.7% on 6.9 attempts, 58.5% TS, 54.3% eFG
Markkanen: 42.3% on 4.4 attempts, 63.5% TS, 58.4% eFG
Kennard: 43.8% on 5.4 attempts, 63% TS, 58.1% eFG
Grayson: 36.5% on 6.5 attempts, 57% TS, 51% eFG
Bryce: 43% on 7.5 attempts, 63% TS, 59.7% eFG

Myth debunked.

I didn't say he was a bad shooter but he's going to have to adjust that release form in the pros. No way they let you get away with that.

Just hope lakers get the pick
brownmamba00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 07:36 PM   #45
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
How many teams played a SG over 6'7 for extended periods?

Not the Clippers but based on the Jazz shutting them down with their length I'd guess they might next year
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: