Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2006, 02:19 PM   #166
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater
 
XxNeXuSxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UConn
Posts: 7,998
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan803
this is the kind of post that makes me want to pull my frinking hair out.

kobe's ARROGANCE???...held this team back????????

you are one of those types of people who continually repost the same bullsh*t and why there's a f'ing thread for irrational bashing of kobe. go there and post this #$&%*I(*&%&)_^

you either accept or don't accept that kobe was the team for most of the season because most of this particular team didn't know phil's offense. this entire squad needed to be better w/their defense. they had and still have weaknesses galore that need to worked out to be a serious contender, not just a playoff team.

i'm leaving it at this. i've made valid points over and over again on this 'rollercoaster team' and i don't need to rehash why i called them that.

btw, i remember now, you tried to be 'rational' for awhile in that thread but your true colors bleed through here.

:stupid:

Jesus christ, calm the f*ck down, my "true" colors? It's my opinion, you jackass. I said bottomline he's an attitude away from an MVP. God damn can stop reading to the word "arrogance" and respond, it pisses me off you cannot comprehend the obvious.

If he was so fantastic, why wasn't he the MVP? Because the writers thought he wasn't the man to make his team better. Bottomline.


You really have to calm down, does the word arrogance really make you "cringe" and "pull your hair out"? Grow the hell up, you completely mis interpreted what I said once again, I never talked about the rest of team, I never said they were all superstars who needed touches.

Last edited by XxNeXuSxX : 07-07-2006 at 02:22 PM.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:28 PM   #167
jan803
High school junior varsity star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
:stupid:

Jesus christ, calm the f*ck down, my "true" colors? It's my opinion, you jackass. I said bottomline he's an attitude away from an MVP. God damn can stop reading to the word "arrogance" and respond, it pisses me off you cannot comprehend the obvious.

If he was so fantastic, why wasn't he the MVP? Because the writers thought he wasn't the man to make his team better. Bottomline.


You really have to calm down, does the word arrogance really make you "cringe" and "pull your hair out"? Grow the hell up, you completely mis interpreted what I said once again, I never talked about the rest of team, I never said they were all superstars who needed touches.

if you have to ask why i respond to the word arrogance in the context of what you posted, then you need to hone your writing skills, go find a thesauras because you don't get standard english.

the obvious you don't understand basketball. your post was as arrogant as you claim kobe is and you're too judgemental to see that.
jan803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:35 PM   #168
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater
 
XxNeXuSxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UConn
Posts: 7,998
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan803
if you have to ask why i respond to the word arrogance in the context of what you posted, then you need to hone your writing skills, go find a thesauras because you don't get standard english.

the obvious you don't understand basketball. your post was as arrogant as you claim kobe is and you're too judgemental to see that.

:stupid:
Right, now I don't understand basketball at all. Right on, you got me.


You obviously didn't read my post in the fullest...Arrogance? it means to frown upon inferiors, or to take pride in being a superior to them. You don't think Kobe did that at all? Rediculous, you probably just didn't know what it meant.

Yes, you are right, I don't understand English. It's probably the reason I am in Boston College and you are in (Middle School? High School?).

Do you love personal attacks? because all it does is show you are a d*ck.

Last edited by XxNeXuSxX : 07-07-2006 at 02:39 PM.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:45 PM   #169
jan803
High school junior varsity star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
:stupid:
Right, now I don't understand basketball at all. Right on, you got me.


You obviously didn't read my post in the fullest...Arrogance? it means to frown upon inferiors, or to take pride in being a superior to them. You don't think Kobe did that at all? Rediculous, you probably just didn't know what it meant.

Yes, you are right, I don't understand English. It's probably the reason I am in Boston College and you are in (Middle School? High School?).

Do you love personal attacks? because all it does is show you are a d*ck.

you can check pm's now.
jan803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:47 PM   #170
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater
 
XxNeXuSxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UConn
Posts: 7,998
Default

K got it, responded.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:50 PM   #171
Bourne
Valancais for RoY
 
Bourne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In da club bangin
Posts: 1,940
Default

First off, some people here need to try pressing the "enter" key every once in a while. It turns posts that look like a kicked over bucket of barf into a gourmet meal.

Secondly, anybody arguing that Kobe's 06 supporting cast was better than Wade's is a dolt. I firmly believe this: take away the best player from each team, and the Lakers are the worst team in the league.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:03 PM   #172
huppcap
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,086
Default

Kobe vs. Nash

One way to compare is to look at their teams records without them.

Other question is who made their teammates better and by making their teammates better what impact did that have on the team's overall success.

Kobe certainly is more athletic but they are both exciting to watch.

I may be biased because I am Canadian but when 3 teammates have career highs in scoring that has to say something about Steve Nash. Nash also had a career high in scoring I believe. Tim Thomas also flourished.

Each team runs a different offense. If Nash and Kobe swapped teams it would be interesting to see what would happen.

Wonder if what Mourning said will cause some tension within the Heat.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:08 PM   #173
West-Side
Decent college freshman
 
West-Side's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,405
Default

I may be biased because I am Canadian but when 3 teammates have career highs in scoring that has to say something about Steve Nash.


True, but you also have to factor in their style of play.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:23 PM   #174
hotsizzle
Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: WINNING!
Posts: 9,851
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by huppcap
Kobe vs. Nash

One way to compare is to look at their teams records without them.

Other question is who made their teammates better and by making their teammates better what impact did that have on the team's overall success.

Kobe certainly is more athletic but they are both exciting to watch.

I may be biased because I am Canadian but when 3 teammates have career highs in scoring that has to say something about Steve Nash. Nash also had a career high in scoring I believe. Tim Thomas also flourished.

Each team runs a different offense. If Nash and Kobe swapped teams it would be interesting to see what would happen.

Wonder if what Mourning said will cause some tension within the Heat.

smush parker, chris mihim, brian cook all had career highs that has to say something bout kobe. kobe also had a career high in scoring i believe.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:40 PM   #175
Loki
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,079
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
smush parker, chris mihim, brian cook all had career highs that has to say something bout kobe. kobe also had a career high in scoring i believe.

Just so you know, Cook and Mihm played more minutes this season than they ever did before; on a "Per 40 minutes" basis (or "per minute", however you want to look at it), Parker had a better year on Cleveland in '03 (14.8 pts per 40 minutes versus 13.6 pp40 this season with LA), and Mihm's production was only marginally better than his best non-Laker season (15.3 pp40 vs. 15.6 pp40 w/LA this season). Cook has only played on LA, so there's no basis for comparison; his scoring has increased linearly along with his minutes.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:51 PM   #176
hotsizzle
Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: WINNING!
Posts: 9,851
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
Just so you know, Cook and Mihm played more minutes this season than they ever did before; on a "Per 40 minutes" basis (or "per minute", however you want to look at it), Parker had a better year on Cleveland in '03 (14.8 pts per 40 minutes versus 13.6 pp40 this season with LA), and Mihm's production was only marginally better than his best non-Laker season (15.3 pp40 vs. 15.6 pp40 w/LA this season). Cook has only played on LA, so there's no basis for comparison; his scoring has increased linearly along with his minutes.

diaw, barbosa, and bell all have also got more minutes. anyways, im not arguin that kobe makes his teamates better than steve nash because obvioulsy nash is ont of the best at that in the league. i was responding to the poster who posted that the sole reason nash won mvp was because other guys had career highs
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:57 PM   #177
MaxFly
Stylin' on you
 
MaxFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 8,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
smush parker, chris mihim, brian cook all had career highs that has to say something bout kobe. kobe also had a career high in scoring i believe.

Not necessarily... I don't think it's that cut and dry... All three have had increased playing time, so you must factor that in as well.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:08 PM   #178
Loki
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,079
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
diaw, barbosa, and bell all have also got more minutes. anyways, im not arguin that kobe makes his teamates better than steve nash because obvioulsy nash is ont of the best at that in the league. i was responding to the poster who posted that the sole reason nash won mvp was because other guys had career highs

Oh, I know that these other guys have also increased their minutes with Phoenix. But guys like House and Diaw have increased their pp40 by 3.2-4.5 points with Nash. Now, whether that's attributable to Nash or the system is, of course, debatable, but that's a bit bigger jump than Mihm's extra .4 pp40.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:24 PM   #179
jan803
High school junior varsity star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
Oh, I know that these other guys have also increased their minutes with Phoenix. But guys like House and Diaw have increased their pp40 by 3.2-4.5 points with Nash. Now, whether that's attributable to Nash or the system is, of course, debatable, but that's a bit bigger jump than Mihm's extra .4 pp40.

i can't really give cook nor smush much props. i'll be relieved if both these players are off the roster next year.

mihm. he's a victim of circumstance.

he's greatest weakness...foul prone. there was some game that a laker broadcaster literally was calling that mihm getting in foul trouble will probably be in 2 mins and sure enough around 2.3 minutes into the game, mihm was on the pine. it does this...



now before mihm got injured, he was getting more playing time because he was actually staying out of foul trouble. there was some stat that only the laker broadcasters were tracking...something obscure like when mihm was on the floor in the 4th quarter the lakers were like 16-3 or something. i can't substantiate this obviously. and really, this is only my memory so you can take it for what it's worth.

but through my ramblings...mihm was starting to make his own impact, though not of some all star or even a good player. but he was making his own statement that as a backup center, when he was on the floor, he affected some shots because he was able to block. he definitely has a better touch than kwame. he fumbled stuff, but NO ONE on the lakers can match kwame's 'knack', he's in a class all his own.

in general i thought mihm played quite well w/kobe. kobe definitely looked for him when he was open. kobe and the others for that matter avoided kwame until the end of the season when the irony of mihm's injury put kwame at center. he was a far better center than forward.

somehow i wonder how phil missed overlooked kwame's effectiveness at center and why he didn't figure this out earlier in the season.
jan803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:29 PM   #180
dmenzion
I hit open layups
 
dmenzion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: indianapolis
Posts: 117
Default Mvp

I think Kobe deserved it too this year....but, they decided to give it to nash since he took his team deeper and had a better record...last year was Nash's yr this year was Kobe's year. Next year imma say a close running one with Wade and LBJ, but i think Lebron will pull it out
dmenzion is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:10 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy