Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 05-24-2017, 10:18 AM   #1
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Default Peter King power rankings 5/2017

https://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/05/23/...-king-part-two 16-1

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/05/22/n...-king-part-one 32-17
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:22 AM   #2
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Default Re: Peter King power rankings 5/2017

Quote:
Why I have the Titans fourth: Every year there’s one stunner in the league (at least), and this year I like Tennessee to be that team. Not saying they’ll be another Nashville Predators and make the final two, but I like the Titans to make this huge jump because of core players. Marcus Mariota returns healthy from a broken leg and is a trusted and athletic player about to become a top-10 quarterback. The two franchise tackles, Taylor Lewan and Jack Conklin, proved their mettle last year, and are long-termers; they’ll play this year at 26 and 23, respectively. Much is expected of Corey Davis, the first-round receiver, as a deep threat, and he has to deliver. On defense, Jurrell Casey needs to be a national attention-grabber, Vince Wilfork with a better pass-rush. He’s good. The pass-rush (Derrick Morgan, Brian Orakpo) should generate enough pressure. The secondary’s the big concern, obviously. Adoree’ Jackson has to be the physical cover player he showed last fall at USC, and he has to be that way from day one. LeShaun Sims is a rising corner. In short, I’m trusting lots of young players to win a division that’s up for grabs and to win at least one January game.

Quote:
Titans prediction in 10 words or less: Marcus Mariota will be a strong MVP candidate.

I support this.
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 12:07 PM   #3
TheSilentKiller
NBA Legend

Lions analysis was pretty spot on. They could easily go 2-6 to start the year.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 12:30 PM   #4
ROCSteady
One of One

Damn that's a pretty crazy diagnosis for the Titans this season.

I do like the way they're trending but that defense still needs quite a bit of help to be contending.

edit: Peter King can go smoke a poll for calling us 'Washington'. LOL such a lame just like many of these corny white dudes that cover the league. I'm with Bless to a degree about them.

Last edited by ROCSteady : 05-24-2017 at 12:38 PM.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 01:43 PM   #5
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Damn that's a pretty crazy diagnosis for the Titans this season.

I do like the way they're trending but that defense still needs quite a bit of help to be contending.

edit: Peter King can go smoke a poll for calling us 'Washington'. LOL such a lame just like many of these corny white dudes that cover the league. I'm with Bless to a degree about them.

All stOarting to make sense.

Pencil necked corny ass journalist that never ever played passed pee wee league know more than the pros that have literally lived, sweated football their entire lives ??

Gtfo.

Society is sooooo brainwashed.

What other realm do people with English / journalism degrees hold so much authority in judging another profession??

Do doctors tell Boeing engineers how to make wings on airplanes?

Who would you trust more about poker? Phil helmuth; world champ or Norman Chad; "analyst"?

It's amazing to me how this has come to be.

Players and coaches over English majors any day all day.
Bless Mathews is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 03:15 PM   #6
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

So when former players come out and say Kobe is better than LeBron, we are suppose to take this as gospel compared to a writer or educated fan?
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 03:44 PM   #7
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

There are a ton of coaches that have never played in the NFL, a handful that have never played college ball. Todd Haley has never played football on any level, not even pee-wee league.

Who would you rather have coach the Seahawks, Belichick or Pac-Man Jones?

I'm sure the majority of NFL Scouts have never played in the NFL either...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 03:47 PM   #8
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Who would you rather do heart surgery on you? Some med school geek that has never had heart problems or some 400lb trailer trash w/heart disease?

See I can make retarded analogies too...
Old 05-24-2017, 04:18 PM   #9
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
Who would you rather do heart surgery on you? Some med school geek that has never had heart problems or some 400lb trailer trash w/heart disease?

See I can make retarded analogies too...

That's a stupid analogy.

Not even close.

And you are missing the point.

It's not about "doing ". It's about trusting the opinion.

Who would you believe is a better poker player?

Phil helmuth of Norman Chad

It's not about who id want to coach

It's about who's opinion do you trust more

Just cus some corny ass hog jaw got an English degree, he knows more than someone that has literally been doing his entire life!????

Gtfo bro.

Society is so brain washed.

Don't make any other analogies

What other professions do the pros not have the most respected views ?

It's just another example of how racist our country is.

A white journalist that's never even been close to doing "x" knows more about "x" then the people that have doing it everyday all day their entire lives ???

It's absolutely amazing to me.

What other profession?

Seriously

It would be like them writing about doing surgeries and who they think is better.

That don't exist because a lot of doctors write their own shit.

It's just so engraved in y'all deep rooted racism that black athletes can't possibly know more than white journalists. Smh.

It's disturbing y'all can't see it.
Old 05-24-2017, 04:22 PM   #10
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
So when former players come out and say Kobe is better than LeBron, we are suppose to take this as gospel compared to a writer or educated fan?

Yes. Of course.

They have 1,000's and 1,000's and 1,000's more knowledge than any of them.

Literally.

My goodness.

The educated fan and journanlist THINK they KNOW, but until you've sacrificed your entire life, practiced and played as much as them and have the experience, you really DONT KNOW what they do.

It's absolutely astounding to me.

Smh.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:15 PM   #11
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

The players have more knowledge on playing their respective positions...but not necessarily ranking teams/players. We can watch and see who is better with our own eyes. In fact, that is the entire reason they play, for us fans to watch them and see who the better team is.

Pacman Jones undoubtedly knows more about playing the position of CB than I do, I could never argue otherwise. But I'll fck him up in fantasy football, because I'm better at ranking players than he is. I watch more NFL than he does and I have a better grasp of what to expect stat wise from players, as well as injury odds, schedule strengths, breakout potential odds, etc etc. Also, he's an idiot, and many NFLers are. Aren't you friends with some players? You should know that then, many of them are uneducated and grew up on the streets. On top of that, the sport literally causes brain damage.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:58 PM   #12
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

I wonder what percentage of coaches, GMs and scouts are former players anyway.

The argument that a journalist cannot know about football because they dont play is retarded. You can apply that argument to literally every page of the newspaper - Wall-street journalists dont know shit because they have never traded stocks, political journalists dont know shit because they have never been a politician, tech journalists dont know shit because they dont know how to write code.... you dont need to have first-hand experience doing something in order to analyze it.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 12:09 AM   #13
CelticBaller
You mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
You're arguing with a LeBron hater
CelticBaller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 12:10 PM   #14
ROCSteady
One of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
The players have more knowledge on playing their respective positions...but not necessarily ranking teams/players. We can watch and see who is better with our own eyes. In fact, that is the entire reason they play, for us fans to watch them and see who the better team is.

Pacman Jones undoubtedly knows more about playing the position of CB than I do, I could never argue otherwise. But I'll fck him up in fantasy football, because I'm better at ranking players than he is. I watch more NFL than he does and I have a better grasp of what to expect stat wise from players, as well as injury odds, schedule strengths, breakout potential odds, etc etc. Also, he's an idiot, and many NFLers are. Aren't you friends with some players? You should know that then, many of them are uneducated and grew up on the streets. On top of that, the sport literally causes brain damage.

Nah, Pacman would own you in Fantasy then fck your wife when he comes over to pick up the trophy
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 12:35 PM   #15
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Pacman Jones...that's my default go-to for stupid ignorant NFL player

I had read an article a few years back about which NFL positions required the most amount of intelligence and which required the least. I read it because Mo Claiborne was shown to be dumb as bricks. Anyway, QB required the most intelligence obviously but to my surprise CB required the least according to the article. For the most part those guys don't even need to know what play is being run outside of man or zone. They are rarely called on to do anything special like blitz. Most of them can go out there and do their thing without even knowing the play call. Just man up or zone up with the WR on your side...all game. So you can get away with being a complete dumb ass at CB.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: