Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 07-06-2006, 09:19 PM   #1
Bishop
I brick open layups

Bishop has no real reputation yet.
Default Jay Williams To Sign With The Sixers

http://thebiglead.com/?p=611

"It took Williams two grueling years to recover from the injuries, and finally, he appears healthy enough to join another team and take the court again.

A source tells us that Williams is expected to sign with the Philadelphia 76ers tomorrow. Apparently, Williams was supposed to sign with the New Jersey Nets last week, but on draft night, while aboard the Nets private jet, he had the misfortune of watching Connecticut’s Marcus Williams – arguably the highest-rated point guard in the draft – slide all the way down to 22, where New Jersey snatched him to back up Jason Kidd."
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:45 AM   #2
NBAfan32
High school junior varsity star

NBAfan32 has an OK reputation so far

Is this a reliable source? Im not really familiar with Williams' game. How good is he before the injury and how's his defense? Anyone can clear that one up for me?
NBAfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 09:02 AM   #3
Bishop
I brick open layups

Bishop has no real reputation yet.

As far as the source, I'm not sure.. I came across it googling..

As far as his game, before the injury, he could start at PG on any team.. I don't really remember his defense, but I know he was for sure an offensive threat.. He's a smart player, which could go a long way with the sixers.. Put him and AI on the court together and let Williams run the point, he'll make plays happen.. He was super fast, and strong as heck..

Now, they say he's even stronger, and develop a reliable jumper.. Says he's still as smart of a player as he was before..

Overall, IF this does go down, he'd be a really good bargain for a low price..
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:42 PM   #4
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP

SixerFan03 has an OK reputation so far

He was a pretty solid defensive player. His jumpshot was a little shaky in his first season. His FT shooting was bad at Duke. But he is a smart player.

As for the source, I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere else. But the Sixers did work out Jay Williams.
SixerFan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: