Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-06-2006, 09:32 PM   #1
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation
Default Where to rank the Spurs?

Will they still be a contender even though ouitside Tim Duncan, they have no depth up front? I think the Spurs will barely get home court in the 1st round.

1- Mavs
2- Clippers
3- Suns
4- Spurs
5- Kings
6- Lakers
7- Nuggets
8- Rockets

SThat's my opinion though
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:35 PM   #2
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

SupermanOnSteroids is starting to rub some people the wrong waySupermanOnSteroids is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Enters Spurs fan:

Until the Spurs are dethroned, they are still the Champs. Tim Duncan is the best player in the league.

I would go with:
Suns (with a healthy Amare)
Mavs/Spurs
Houston
Clippers
Lakers
Hornets
Kings

Last edited by SupermanOnSteroids : 07-06-2006 at 09:37 PM.
SupermanOnSteroids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:38 PM   #3
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

the Grizz will finish ahead of at least 2 or 3 of those teams
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:56 PM   #4
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I still have them top 3 in the entire league alongside the Mavs and a healthy Suns team.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:59 PM   #5
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
the Grizz will finish ahead of at least 2 or 3 of those teams

I doubt it.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:04 PM   #6
NBABaller
Banned

NBABaller has an OK reputation so far

the asterisks are overrated, they don't have a true center, they'll be lucky to even get the 5th seed next season...
NBABaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:29 PM   #7
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipps
Will they still be a contender even though ouitside Tim Duncan, they have no depth up front? I think the Spurs will barely get home court in the 1st round.

1- Mavs
2- Clippers
3- Suns
4- Spurs
5- Kings
6- Lakers
7- Nuggets
8- Rockets

SThat's my opinion though

clippers in 2nd? what puts the clippers above the Suns with a healthy Amare? nothing.

mavs
spurs
suns
kings
rockets
clippers
grizz
jazz

spurs are still top two in the west, top 3/4 in the league. no doubt in my mind they're contenders.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:34 PM   #8
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

HALLandOATES has decent reputation

Spurs top 4 is a given but from there it could go to Dallas or the Suns. With the Clipps, Grizz improving its hard to tell but I would have them in my top 3.
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:46 PM   #9
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

With Duncan, Ginobili, and Parker around the Spurs will be just fine. Its all a matter of finding better role players for them. Losing Nazr and Rasho didnt cost them much imo. Those guys are average, at best. The Spurs were a shot away from beating the Mavs, without Nazr and Rasho in the lineup... Theyre def still contenders. Just expect to see TD playing more minutes at center.

Not to mention the offseason is far from over, who knows what the Spurs FO has up their sleaves.

Spurs always seem to do better as underdogs anyways.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:50 PM   #10
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Tim Duncan was injured and played like a mortal this season yet the Spurs still won how many games? Honestly... don't count the Spurs out. They were clutch shot away from being in the finals (yes, they would have steam rolled Phoenix).
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:39 PM   #11
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star

ExpatSunsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
Losing Nazr and Rasho didnt cost them much imo. Those guys are average, at best.
The problem is, even average is worth something. (The other problem is, Horry is done, and the clock is ticking on Bowen, too.)

Duncan/Ginobili/Parker is still a good nucleus...I'll have to see how the team fills out before I predict. IMO Horry in particular is going to be tough to replace.
ExpatSunsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:46 PM   #12
Banks91
Decent playground baller

Banks91 has an OK reputation so far

The mere fact that Duncan should be healthy, as well as Manu should get them back to the top of the Conference.

People are overrating the departure of the Nazr and Rasho, as well Ben from Detroit. Both teams will either be 60win teams, or very near it.
Banks91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:54 AM   #13
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banks91
The mere fact that Duncan should be healthy, as well as Manu should get them back to the top of the Conference.

People are overrating the departure of the Nazr and Rasho, as well Ben from Detroit. Both teams will either be 60win teams, or very near it.

well said
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:03 AM   #14
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
I doubt it.

why wouldn't they be? They won 49 games last year despite PG injuries that put Chucky Atkins starting for much of the year and were the top defensive team in the league. Gasol has been steadily improving and becoming more of a leader, he's only 25-26, they have the reigning 6th Man of the Year, Damon should be back, a great coach, and they added Gay, Swift and Lowry, for an injection of youth and scoring without jeopardizing their defense. At the very least I see them winning the same number of games as last year.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:10 AM   #15
Orealius
Great young streetballer

Orealius has an OK reputation so far

Hey Kwaj, are you gonna particiapte in the mock free agency at all?
Orealius is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: