Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-07-2006, 12:19 AM   #16
PureElement
Local High School Star

PureElement has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALLandOATES
Spurs top 4 is a given but from there it could go to Dallas or the Suns. With the Clipps, Grizz improving its hard to tell but I would have them in my top 3.

I don't see the Clipps improving, TT for Vlade is a sideways move. Cassell is one year older, although he is an alien so we don't know his actual lifespan. Livingston, meh, I like him but he is not putting the clipps in the top 2.
PureElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:21 AM   #17
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

Spurs are still top 3. But 60 wins without a true C is pure homer talk.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:37 AM   #18
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

SupermanOnSteroids has an OK reputation so far

Your beloved Mavs have done it. And TD will probably be better than 90% of the starting centers in the league. He already plays a lot of center. So the only homer talk is being done by you.
SupermanOnSteroids is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:38 AM   #19
Semiprocappa
I hit open layups

Semiprocappa has an OK reputation so far

The Spur are certainly still a championship threat. The center position is overrated by you guys. It's not like any team has a great center and power forward combination anymore. The only good center in the West is Ming and he's got nobody really at the PF position.
Semiprocappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:04 AM   #20
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orealius
Hey Kwaj, are you gonna particiapte in the mock free agency at all?
yeah I will, it's just that I'm pretty happy with my teams right now, so I don't feel the drive to participate in any more transactions. I know I've been slack at keeping up with HH this week, my job is killing me (as is my recreation, if you know what I'm saying ;) )
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:55 AM   #21
sixty
Good High School Starter

sixty has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
I doubt it.

The Grizz are very good regular season team, I believe him.
sixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:05 PM   #22
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
[quote=SupermanOnSteroids]Until the Spurs are dethroned, they are still the Champs. Tim Duncan is the best player in the league.

I believe they were dethroned this year, if our definitions are the same, and there is no way Duncan is the best player in the league. Not even top 5.

Lebron
Wade
AI
Kobe
KG
Dirk

Thats 6 right there...
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:09 PM   #23
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Quote:
Spurs are still top 3. But 60 wins without a true C is pure homer talk.

They've been doing it ever since Robinson retired. Center is the most overrated position in the league. The only center who wins games is Shaq. Yao is clearly the 2nd best center and his team was horrendous. Duncan is the best big man in the league, best player, thats enough. Put Scola, Oberto, Horry, Bowen or whoever at PF. PF has become perimeter based for the most part.

Honestly, name a team who has 2 bigs that can score. So Duncan covers one and Parker could guard the other. Seriously, Sacramento are the closest with Miller and SAR, and neither of them play defense.

Spurs only reason for decline is Horry and Bowen or if Parker keeps going Kobe on them. That is probably in fact their biggest flaw.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:40 PM   #24
GothamKnight
High school junior varsity star

GothamKnight has an OK reputation so far

[quote=Bulls_Fan20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanOnSteroids
Until the Spurs are dethroned, they are still the Champs. Tim Duncan is the best player in the league.

I believe they were dethroned this year, if our definitions are the same, and there is no way Duncan is the best player in the league. Not even top 5.

Lebron
Wade
AI
Kobe
KG
Dirk

Thats 6 right there...

ehhhh
i'd still take Duncan or Shaq over those guys if i was building a team to win RIGHT NOW
GothamKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:55 PM   #25
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

who takes KG over Duncan at this point? I mean he's not even younger by any margin worth mentioning. Duncan is easily ahead at this point
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:57 PM   #26
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

SupermanOnSteroids has an OK reputation so far

[quote=Bulls_Fan20]
Quote:
Until the Spurs are dethroned, they are still the Champs. Tim Duncan is the best player in the league.

Lebron
Wade
AI
Kobe
KG
Dirk

Thats 6 right there...
havin a hard time detecting sarcasm eh? there was a reason i put in 'enters Spurs fans and then italicized that line.
SupermanOnSteroids is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:01 PM   #27
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation

[quote=GothamKnight]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20

ehhhh
i'd still take Duncan or Shaq over those guys if i was building a team to win RIGHT NOW

You'd be stupid to. I would take LeBron. How couldn't you. Hes 22 and look at what he's doing now. Come on man. Why shaq? Shaq 5 years ago certainly. Shaq now, no way.
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 06:48 AM   #28
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipps
Will they still be a contender even though ouitside Tim Duncan, they have no depth up front? I think the Spurs will barely get home court in the 1st round.

1- Mavs
2- Clippers
3- Suns
4- Spurs
5- Kings
6- Lakers
7- Nuggets
8- Rockets

SThat's my opinion though
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 06:55 AM   #29
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

Spurs are part of the big three.

Though it's really a toss-up in determining who the best is out of those.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 09:58 AM   #30
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Enters Spurs fan:

I would go with:
Suns (with a healthy Amare)
Mavs/Spurs
Houston
Clippers
Lakers
Hornets
Kings

dallas beat you last year in the playoffs. what are you the champs of? regular season?

dallas is western conference champs, heat are world champs, you have been dethroned.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: