Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2017, 05:32 PM   #16
Terahite
Mr. Trigger
 
Terahite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: MAR-A-LIBFAG
Posts: 2,618
Default Re: I Don't Think Lonzo Ball Will Be Successful

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaheimLakers24
you made the same post about dlo ingram and randle. fuc.ken loser

Shoot the messenger why don't you?





Terahite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 05:35 PM   #17
Pushxx
Pushxx
 
Pushxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 4,978
Default Re: I Don't Think Lonzo Ball Will Be Successful

He'll be fine on offense. His defense is the problem.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 01:04 PM   #18
Clifton
talk less, say more
 
Clifton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,786
Default Re: I Don't Think Lonzo Ball Will Be Successful

Lonzo Ball is Jason Kidd with a set shot that goes out to 30 feet.

I don't understand why anyone doubts him as a prospect.

He doesn't quite have Kidd's instincts on both sides of the ball... but neither does anyone else, maybe ever. You don't have to be Larry, Magic, or Kidd to be a top PG prospect. His instincts and intangibles are better than Paul, Westbrook, Wall, Lillard, etc. He can't shoot pullup jumpers but neither can James Harden.

My open letter to NBA GMs: Don't over-think this.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 02:52 PM   #19
groovemachine
Learning to shoot layups
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 85
Default Re: I Don't Think Lonzo Ball Will Be Successful

LaVar is laughable, but I'd love to see Lonzo really blossom in the NBA. It won't be easy and he obviously needs a team around him. I'm definitely looking forward to watching him play.
groovemachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 04:26 PM   #20
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper
 
Bless Mathews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: the underground
Posts: 11,028
Default Re: I Don't Think Lonzo Ball Will Be Successful

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
He also had a higher TS than:
Markelle Fultz
Grayson Allen
Luke Kennard
Bryce Alford
Lauri Markkanen
Malik Monk


His release is only .02 slower than Klay and .13 quicker than the NBA average.

But his release is so low!!!

He's gonna get his shit packed
Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 04:45 PM   #21
dhsilv
NBA rookie of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 5,915
Default Re: I Don't Think Lonzo Ball Will Be Successful

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
Yeah Kidd was an elite defender at both guard positions and could guard most 3's.

Lonzo is not a good 1-on-1 defender right now.

Lonzo is Kidd-esque on offense. At worst he's a giant Rondo. I'd love to see him play with a team of veterans like he KG/PP/Ray Allen Celtics.

A tall rondo who can hit o0en 3s? That is a hell of a point guard as long as you dont want a franchise player.
dhsilv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 04:47 PM   #22
dhsilv
NBA rookie of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 5,915
Default Re: I Don't Think Lonzo Ball Will Be Successful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton
Lonzo Ball is Jason Kidd with a set shot that goes out to 30 feet.

I don't understand why anyone doubts him as a prospect.

He doesn't quite have Kidd's instincts on both sides of the ball... but neither does anyone else, maybe ever. You don't have to be Larry, Magic, or Kidd to be a top PG prospect. His instincts and intangibles are better than Paul, Westbrook, Wall, Lillard, etc. He can't shoot pullup jumpers but neither can James Harden.

My open letter to NBA GMs: Don't over-think this.

No way in hell does he have kidds intangables which were what made him an mvp contender.
dhsilv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 06:15 PM   #23
gruel
Learning to shoot layups
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 61
Default Re: I Don't Think Lonzo Ball Will Be Successful

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhsilv
No way in hell does he have kidds intangables which were what made him an mvp contender.
He might. Those things are hard to evaluate at the level of college ball. At 19 years old your instincts are mostly physical and rote. You don't get hit with the pressure to rise to the occasion and make big plays and provide modelling and leadership until your early 20s.

Lonzo didn't seem very concerned with showing off at UCLA. He really strove to play a pure point guard style. Even with the whole world watching, he didn't feel a need to prove himself by shooting more during big games. Those are great indicators for how well a guy will fit into the pros.

The fact that he's been so cool under the spotlight on and off the court bodes well for his future. Guys like that can hone their instincts as long as they're in the right situation their first few years in the league. Whether Ball goes to the Lakers or the Celtics, he'll be in the right situation.

One interesting question is who would make a better coach for him, given what we know: Luke Walton or Brad Stevens?

Both come with high praise and great reputations but they also wield vastly different styles. They almost fit right into the same dichotomy as Phil Jackson and Gregg Popovich. My gut says Walton would be a better fit. But Stevens provides all the same emotional support and steady team management while simultaneously being a tactical mastermind. Tough call.
gruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 06:35 PM   #24
dhsilv
NBA rookie of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 5,915
Default Re: I Don't Think Lonzo Ball Will Be Successful

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruel
He might. Those things are hard to evaluate at the level of college ball. At 19 years old your instincts are mostly physical and rote. You don't get hit with the pressure to rise to the occasion and make big plays and provide modelling and leadership until your early 20s.

Lonzo didn't seem very concerned with showing off at UCLA. He really strove to play a pure point guard style. Even with the whole world watching, he didn't feel a need to prove himself by shooting more during big games. Those are great indicators for how well a guy will fit into the pros.

The fact that he's been so cool under the spotlight on and off the court bodes well for his future. Guys like that can hone their instincts as long as they're in the right situation their first few years in the league. Whether Ball goes to the Lakers or the Celtics, he'll be in the right situation.

One interesting question is who would make a better coach for him, given what we know: Luke Walton or Brad Stevens?

Both come with high praise and great reputations but they also wield vastly different styles. They almost fit right into the same dichotomy as Phil Jackson and Gregg Popovich. My gut says Walton would be a better fit. But Stevens provides all the same emotional support and steady team management while simultaneously being a tactical mastermind. Tough call.

Kidd was a wonder as a rookie. I dont see kidd here. He just isnt there yet and given how great kidd was, it is a huge stretch to start comparing them.

Could he get there? I guess it is possible but i would assume no. Rubio to me was a lot more Kidd at an early age. Passing insticts and defensive instincts. Now i didnt see a lot of ball but i didnt see that kind of court vision.
dhsilv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 10:08 PM   #25
MiseryCityTexas
College star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,803
Default Re: I Don't Think Lonzo Ball Will Be Successful

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImKobe
Did everyone come in with an elite J? His 3 was money in UCLA and he shot a very high % inside, great finisher.

He looks like prime Shaun Livingston with a better jumpshot.
MiseryCityTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 10:09 PM   #26
MiseryCityTexas
College star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,803
Default Re: I Don't Think Lonzo Ball Will Be Successful

Shaun Livingston was a lot more athletic than Lonzo though. Livingston was a better finisher around the rim than Lonzo before he got hurt. Livingston was a better one on one defender too.
MiseryCityTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 10:13 PM   #27
KiiiiNG
Banned
 
KiiiiNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Yo head
Posts: 6,260
Default Re: I Don't Think Lonzo Ball Will Be Successful

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
Shaun Livingston was a lot more athletic than Lonzo though. Livingston was a better finisher around the rim than Lonzo before he got hurt. Livingston was a better one on one defender too.
That's not true at all.

Lonzo is way more fluid and much more explosive than young Livingston. Stop it.
KiiiiNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 10:29 PM   #28
Locked_Up_Tonight
Good college starter
 
Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,170
Default Re: I Don't Think Lonzo Ball Will Be Successful

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiiiiNG
That's not true at all.

Lonzo is way more fluid and much more explosive than young Livingston. Stop it.

Doubt you were even alive when Shaun had his horrific injury.
Locked_Up_Tonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 10:31 PM   #29
KiiiiNG
Banned
 
KiiiiNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Yo head
Posts: 6,260
Default Re: I Don't Think Lonzo Ball Will Be Successful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
Doubt you were even alive when Shaun had his horrific injury.
I wasn't definitely alive. How can you watch the two and come out thinking shaun was more athletic?

Are you retarded by chance?

Lonzo is 19 so I'm comparing him to Livingston in college. It's not even close.
KiiiiNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 10:32 PM   #30
Locked_Up_Tonight
Good college starter
 
Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,170
Default Re: I Don't Think Lonzo Ball Will Be Successful

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiiiiNG
I wasn't definitely alive. How can you watch the two and come out thinking shaun was more athletic?

Are you retarded by chance?

Lonzo is 19 so I'm comparing him to Livingston in college. It's not even close.

Show me some tape where you watched a young Shaun. Shaun didn't even play college ball.
Locked_Up_Tonight is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:16 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy