Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-12-2017, 12:47 AM   #1
warriorfan
Itís gonna be easy!

Arrow Ethereum Buying Selling Thread

Eth is going nuts

I have doubled up and I have thoughts of cashing out

It hasn't done anything but go up and up though...I'm almost feeling a double down right now

How do you feel about the price right now and what do you expect for the future?
warriorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 01:07 AM   #2
bladefd
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Ethereum Buying Selling Thread

Depends on how many eth you have. If you have enough eth, you could cash out just enough to pay for the amount you put in. Leave the rest for the long haul. If you only have a few eth then do not cash out and just leave it for long haul.

Eth has as good, if not better, technology as bitcoin. Bitcoin came into the picture earlier so it should be expected to be worth more tbh. Eth came in much later but is more versatile. Unless if bitcoin improves on some of the details, such as the time to verify a transaction, ethereum has the long term advantage from a platform perspective.

Last edited by bladefd : 06-12-2017 at 01:12 AM.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 04:22 AM   #3
Mr. Jabbar
well well well

it will pass bitcoin in price, this year or next at most. pass it in market cap in a few weeks. HOLD

crypto summit this week
Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:25 AM   #4
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

Not selling until a next year due to taxes. I don't have enough ETH to ever make it worth my while to denounce my US citizenship and move to Singapore or something so I'm just chilling.
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 10:22 AM   #5
Orlando Magic
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
it will pass bitcoin in price, this year or next at most

This is extremely improbable because only 16,400,000 Bitcoins have been mined thus far with a lot of those gone "forever" due to human error.

There are already 92,400,000 ETH in circulation.

So, all long term and short term technical arguments aside, I find your statement to be more than improbable simply because of supply and demand and that Bitcoin is still "first".

We'll see.
Orlando Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 11:13 AM   #6
ItsMillerTime
O LA DI PO

I've already doubled up my initial investment. Will be buying on the next dip (lol what dip)

August will be an interesting time for BTC. ETH will probably overtake then.
ItsMillerTime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 11:19 AM   #7
Orlando Magic
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
I've already doubled up my initial investment. Will be buying on the next dip (lol what dip)

August will be an interesting time for BTC. ETH will probably overtake then.

Even if BTC split and both chains lost a third of the current value, BTC would still be 3x as expensive as ETH.

Additionally, August 1st, as currently projected, is nothing. There are like 10% of nodes running BIP148 and on top of that, the global hash power backing BIP148 is negligible.

At first I thought it could become a big thing and end up splitting Bitcoin, but the momentum at this moment isn't anywhere near. NOT ANYWHERE NEAR.
Orlando Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 06:58 PM   #8
bladefd
NBA rookie of the year

Most of the cryptocurrencies are currently falling except for ethereum. I am guessing people are trading in their coins in exchange for eth.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:00 PM   #9
bladefd
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
This is extremely improbable because only 16,400,000 Bitcoins have been mined thus far with a lot of those gone "forever" due to human error.

There are already 92,400,000 ETH in circulation.

So, all long term and short term technical arguments aside, I find your statement to be more than improbable simply because of supply and demand and that Bitcoin is still "first".

We'll see.

Ethereums market cap is only 9 million behind bitcoin. I think ethereum will definitely pass bitcoin in market cap before the year is finished probably.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:09 PM   #10
Godzuki
NBA Superstar

i want to get in on this since all of these ecurrencies are jumping like crazy but i have 2 worries.

a) i read that Ethereum split into 2 currencies of its own after a hack of this Ethereum(as opposed to Ethereum classic). supposedly Ethereum classic was created as a improvement to Ethereum. so investing in the lesser tech, more hack prone, albeit more popular form of it currently scares me.

b) i also read that this wont be like bitcoin. that its mainly meant for more web tech savvy people as a ecurrency who do more technical stuff on the web like building platforms, etc. but not for the average joe buying from different online stores or even retail shops which severely limits its ceiling. i was thinking it could be the jump is based mostly on bitcoin doing so well since people would naturally think of this as another bitcoin even tho its intention seems much different and more limited than bitcoin.

i wish i had gotten in on it earlier and getting in now where its like $300+ and already just jumped scares me. i hate getting in on shit after the spikes
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 07:30 PM   #11
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Coinbase crashed I can't do sh*t.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 08:10 PM   #12
ItsMillerTime
O LA DI PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
Coinbase crashed I can't do sh*t.

Couldn't buy during the eth dip cause it was down think I may try out Gemini

ETH the only coin that held strong today
Old 06-12-2017, 08:21 PM   #13
bladefd
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
i want to get in on this since all of these ecurrencies are jumping like crazy but i have 2 worries.

a) i read that Ethereum split into 2 currencies of its own after a hack of this Ethereum(as opposed to Ethereum classic). supposedly Ethereum classic was created as a improvement to Ethereum. so investing in the lesser tech, more hack prone, albeit more popular form of it currently scares me.

b) i also read that this wont be like bitcoin. that its mainly meant for more web tech savvy people as a ecurrency who do more technical stuff on the web like building platforms, etc. but not for the average joe buying from different online stores or even retail shops which severely limits its ceiling. i was thinking it could be the jump is based mostly on bitcoin doing so well since people would naturally think of this as another bitcoin even tho its intention seems much different and more limited than bitcoin.

i wish i had gotten in on it earlier and getting in now where its like $300+ and already just jumped scares me. i hate getting in on shit after the spikes

I know nothing about ethereum classic so can't say anything for your first worry.

As for your 2nd worry, ethereum is actually more versatile overall than bitcoin. Its intentions are actually much broader than bitcoin and can be used for a lot more things than bitcoin. It can also be used as an ecurrency just like bitcoin, but it hasn't been as widely adopted yet as bitcoin.

Ethereum can also do transactions much quicker, which is a massive advantage in the long term. Imagine being a business owner trying to sell a product at some store. You will have to wait 10 mins to get verification for the transaction with bitcoin, while ethereum may be just seconds. It's a huge advantage to have for any business but of course, that is more down the road as ethereum is not widely adopted yet (won't happen until they are deemed official currency, which I have hard time seeing most countries openly accepting as the local government has no control over cryptocurrencies)

Last edited by bladefd : 06-12-2017 at 08:26 PM.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:29 PM   #14
ItsMillerTime
O LA DI PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki

It did split, however you have it the other way around. Ethereum is the new improved blockchain while Classic is the original code that didn't undo the major hack. Users were refunded their losses with the new blockchain
Old 06-12-2017, 08:47 PM   #15
raprap
NBA rookie of the year

I want to get into this eth train. I have some spare money. Is it too late to start investing on this or does this have bitcoin potential? Also a good link for a beginner would be great. Thanks brodies!
raprap is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: