Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-12-2017, 08:54 PM   #16
Godzuki
NBA Superstar

Default Re: Ethereum Buying Selling Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
I know nothing about ethereum classic so can't say anything for your first worry.

As for your 2nd worry, ethereum is actually more versatile overall than bitcoin. Its intentions are actually much broader than bitcoin and can be used for a lot more things than bitcoin. It can also be used as an ecurrency just like bitcoin, but it hasn't been as widely adopted yet as bitcoin.

Ethereum can also do transactions much quicker, which is a massive advantage in the long term. Imagine being a business owner trying to sell a product at some store. You will have to wait 10 mins to get verification for the transaction with bitcoin, while ethereum may be just seconds. It's a huge advantage to have for any business but of course, that is more down the road as ethereum is not widely adopted yet (won't happen until they are deemed official currency, which I have hard time seeing most countries openly accepting as the local government has no control over cryptocurrencies)

ok i'm sold. i only wish i could buy it from etrade. would be so much easier.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 08:57 PM   #17
Godzuki
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
It did split, however you have it the other way around. Ethereum is the new improved blockchain while Classic is the original code that didn't undo the major hack. Users were refunded their losses with the new blockchain

i read it on some site and i thought it seemed backwards since classic usually means the old one. that guy's explanation must've gotten it backwards.

if users were refunded for their losses with the new Ether then that definitely reassures me its got credible support.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:00 PM   #18
warriorfan
Itís gonna be easy!

I re-upped on some more Ethereum today at 400, it immediately tanked to 350 but it has bounced back to 390'ish

I'm not too concerned though, a similar thing happened when I went in with a good amount a couple of weeks ago when it was at 200, it dropped to 150 at first but now it's already soaring to almost double that
warriorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:10 PM   #19
Orlando Magic
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorfan
I re-upped on some more Ethereum today at 400, it immediately tanked to 350 but it has bounced back to 390'ish

I'm not too concerned though, a similar thing happened when I went in with a good amount a couple of weeks ago when it was at 200, it dropped to 150 at first but now it's already soaring to almost double that

If you believe in the tech the short term price swings are irrelevant. If you are looking to get rich quick you're going to be obsessive and sell at the first real hint of "loss."
Orlando Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:16 PM   #20
highwhey
me chingue tu morra

this looks like it has a huge upside in mining, am i missing something?

some mining calculators say that at 800MH/s your net profit would be around $6k per month in ethr.

8 GtX1060's can do about 200MH/s, each one costs around $200 new. get somecheap motherboards, cpu's, pau's and ssd's and this whole setup would pay for itself in a month right? the month after you'd just be paying electricity costs and netting a couple grand a month.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:16 PM   #21
warriorfan
Itís gonna be easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
If you believe in the tech the short term price swings are irrelevant. If you are looking to get rich quick you're going to be obsessive and sell at the first real hint of "loss."

there is some middle ground between the two

i believe that it will yield large long term gains, even more than the fantastic short term gains that we have seen so far

at the same time im still going to monitor the price and have contingency plans

that is just being responsible
warriorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 12:10 PM   #22
BigNBAfan
College star

I would not withdraw anything until the age 66, 2 months and 1 day unemployed looking for a job :)
BigNBAfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 02:13 PM   #23
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

I have no Eth. Bought 100 in bitcoin like 3 weeks ago. I'm still up a little. I'm wondering if I should buy more bitcoin or buy in cheap with litecoin and eth.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 04:25 PM   #24
highwhey
me chingue tu morra

so no one knows about ethereum mining in here? i'm legit considering doing it. i'd have to purchase everything with a credit card but i just got fired so fvck it.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:57 PM   #25
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
so no one knows about ethereum mining in here? i'm legit considering doing it. i'd have to purchase everything with a credit card but i just got fired so fvck it.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 05:08 PM   #26
Orlando Magic
Very good NBA starter

Quote:

If you just got fired, all the more reason to not go into debt for something in which you have no idea what you're doing.
Orlando Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 05:36 PM   #27
highwhey
me chingue tu morra

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
might as well go all in
Old 06-13-2017, 05:43 PM   #28
highwhey
me chingue tu morra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
If you just got fired, all the more reason to not go into debt for something in which you have no idea what you're doing.
been researching it all day. as long as it stays above $300, it's very profitable. there's little time left considering the looming Proof of Stake but even then, there's money to be made.

GTX 1060 can do ~22MH/s
get 18 of these cards, 3 seperate arrays of 6 per motherboard.

motherboard costs:$150 per (3 units)
cheap 4gb ram stick:$30 per (3 units)
psu: 600 watt with multple 6 pins $80 per (3 units)
cheap ssd: $50 per (3 units)
cheap intel cpu's (old ass celerons): $50 per (3 units)

gtx 1060 cost: $190 per (18 units)

looking at a grand total of ~4450 usd for a theoretical combined hash rate of ~400MH/s

expected income at current eth prices is ~$2800 per month. so in 1.5 months, the hardware will have paid itself off...

Last edited by highwhey : 06-13-2017 at 05:46 PM.
Old 06-13-2017, 05:50 PM   #29
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Quote:
been researching it all day. as long as it stays above $300, it's very profitable. there's little time left considering the looming Proof of Stake but even then, there's money to be made.

GTX 1060 can do ~22MH/s
get 18 of these cards, 3 seperate arrays of 6 per motherboard.

motherboard costs:$150 per (3 units)
cheap 4gb ram stick:$30 per (3 units)
psu: 600 watt with multple 6 pins $80 per (3 units)
cheap ssd: $50 per (3 units)
cheap intel cpu's (old ass celerons): $50 per (3 units)

gtx 1060 cost: $190 per (18 units)

looking at a grand total of ~4450 usd for a theoretical combined hash rate of ~400MH/s

expected income at current eth prices is ~$2800 per month. so in 1.5 months, the hardware will have paid itself off...

I read a quick post on this. It might take a while to make some money but I think it will be worth it. A lot of people saying Eth is going to overtake bitcoin this year.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 07:41 PM   #30
bladefd
NBA rookie of the year

...and the bubble may have popped as all coins are plummeting down all day today
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: