Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 07-06-2006, 11:59 PM   #16
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss Murder
Isn't Al Harrington a Free Agent? Why would he have to be signed and traded when he can just sign with another team he likes?
Because many people think he's worth more than the MLE, but there might not be any more teams with capspace left. Does any team still have capspace that exceeds the MLE? Maybe Toronto does, but they don't seem like a good fit for Harrington.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:01 AM   #17
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

He ordered that the other owners are to "not initiate the purchase, sale, trade or negotiation of any NBA or NHL player contract ... excluding contracts involving present or future draft picks and contracts for any other player with a contract duration of one year or less."

Who knows how this effects the Speedy deal.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:01 AM   #18
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Lightbulb Parish...Spider Monkey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Because many people think he's worth more than the MLE, but there might not be any more teams with capspace left. Does any team still have capspace that exceeds the MLE? Maybe Toronto does, but they don't seem like a good fit for Harrington.

Than Al Harrington will suffer with the rest of the spider monkeys.
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:04 AM   #19
adamcz
Bucks fan

Mo Williams + Joe Smith + Jamaal Magloire + Charlie Bell = all have one year remaining. Take whoever you want, and give us Josh Smith. Don't like it? Then too bad, you don't get a point guard or a center.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:16 AM   #20
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Judges ruling is awful. Never did like judges that much. They're crooked. That's why I had little sympathy when that judge's brains got splattered in the Brian Nichols shooting last year.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:17 AM   #21
Lascar78
I hit open 5-footers

Steven Belkin is a tumerous growth that won't go away. I hate him with a passion. I don't know what I'll do if he prevails in appeals.

As for whoever said we'd be the worst team in the league, not even close

Speedy/Lue
JJ/Salim
Marvin/Childress
Josh Smith/Shelden
Zaza

can push for the playoffs in the east.

My current prediction would be 38 wins or so
Lascar78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:34 AM   #22
hotsizzle
Superstar

this could actually be good for the lakers. you see, mihm only has one yr on his contract left and so does mckie, so if that rumor about mihm/mckie for Al is true, then this makes lakers the front runners. but im not sure..can hawks sign and trade???
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:39 AM   #23
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lascar78
Speedy/Lue
JJ/Salim
Marvin/Childress
Josh Smith/Shelden
Zaza

can push for the playoffs in the east.

My current prediction would be 38 wins or so
They had 26 wins last year, and added just Speedy Claxton and Shelden Williams while losing Al Harrington. Now you're predicting 12 extra wins? Why do I feel like we won't see this prediction repeated by many others around here and in the national media?
Old 07-07-2006, 12:41 AM   #24
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

this has to be one of the stranger sports stories I've read in a while, it just boggles the mind that this sort of crap goes on
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:45 AM   #25
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
They had 26 wins last year, and added just Speedy Claxton and Shelden Williams while losing Al Harrington. Now you're predicting 12 extra wins? Why do I feel like we won't see this prediction repeated by many others around here and in the national media?

yeah, cause the national media is ALWAYS right....

I say 33 to 35 wins... 38 is pushing it.

But, if this ownership stuff being the way it is... What does it really matter? The team pretty much can't make any moves. So what does it matter?
Old 07-07-2006, 12:58 AM   #26
Lascar78
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
for starters last year we had
-2 second year starters
-1 guy drop dead right before the season
-our best player learning a new role and adjusting to being the man
-the youngest team in the league

all of which contributed to us starting 2-16. If you forget that start we won .375 which carries out to 31 wins over a season.

Secondly, our offense was more than adequate last season. What killed us was defense. We had three starters in Lue - Harrington - Pachulia (well Lue played the starter minutes) who played ZERO D. That's a disaster. harrington is gone, Smith or Shelden will be taking over at PF, and Speedy will be taking over at PG. Our D will be way better, which leads me to believe we will be a better ball club. Al scores, but he is highly inefficient.

Even this past year, when he was out, we scored way more than when he was playing.

After defense, our next two biggest problems were that we didn't run the break enough, and we didn't get to the line enough. Speedy and Shelden will help in both areas.

Factor in the joshes improving and Marvin getting used to the NBA, I have little doubt that we will win 35+ the question is where we will be in the 35-45 range. So again, I'll go with 38. What's your prediction for us?
Lascar78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:03 AM   #27
KempSonics
Local High School Star

Default ...

Why should some judge have a say in this? What if Al Harrington wants to sign with a team that's capped out?

Harrington loses out because he cant sign with that team and the Hawks lose out because they can't get players,expiring contract, draft picks and trade exceptions in return. BS.
KempSonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:08 AM   #28
artificial
:-P

it's a joke, right?
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:20 AM   #29
dak121
College superstar

I could definitely see the Bulls going after him now. Just have to wait and see what the cap number is going to be.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:27 AM   #30
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

The Bucks and the Lakers can offer Al more than the MLE through a S&T. The Lakers have 2 expires the Hawks could have. This probably eliminates the Warriors because I think Al would accept the S&T if it means he gets more money. He really likes Indiana so you can't take them out of the picture. The Bobcats won't sign him. I don't think he would want to go to Toronto. I don't know Chicago's cap status after you include Wallace's contract and the trade they made. This sucks for Atlanta.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: