Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 07-07-2006, 01:50 AM   #31
AtlHawks
I airball my layups

AtlHawks has no real reputation yet.

At least the Speedy deal can go through. I would like for Stern to step in. I have no idea what he can do right now. Right now about all he can do is wait and see how things unfold. Then proceed from their. Luckily for Stern no one outside of the true Hawks fans who remain give a damn about the Hawks. If this was another team it would be the top story on Espn and every news outlet in Sports.
AtlHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:24 AM   #32
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

1 year deal for brwnman for max money...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:29 AM   #33
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Man, it must suck to be a Hawks fan right now.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:11 AM   #34
AtlHawks
I airball my layups

AtlHawks has no real reputation yet.

It doesn't suck when we see all of the talented players on our team. It does suck if Belkin take over everyone of the players will be gone. Either he will trade them or they will refuse to play/sign long term. Regardless of how much everyone bashes BK. He has drafted well and has made this one of the most talented Hawks rosters in a very long time.
AtlHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:56 AM   #35
Ricardo Tubbs
High School JV MVP

Ricardo Tubbs has an OK reputation so far

I don't really see what's wrong with Belkin. If I owned part of a company, and the other shareholders decided to just buy me out when they didn't have that right, I'd be pretty fcukin pissed too. I don't know the whole case, but the judge seems to think the other owners did something shady.

And Lascar, I thought you were the last sane Hawks fan, but this…

Quote:
Speedy/Lue
JJ/Salim
Marvin/Childress
Josh Smith/Shelden
Zaza

can push for the playoffs in the east.

My current prediction would be 38 wins or so

…means you are now one of them. Exactly how the hell are the Hawks going to leapfrog the Bobcats, Magic, Raptors, Sixers AND Celtics? They will struggle just to stay ahead of the Knicks.
Ricardo Tubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 06:32 AM   #36
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by KempSonics
Why should some judge have a say in this? What if Al Harrington wants to sign with a team that's capped out?

Harrington loses out because he cant sign with that team and the Hawks lose out because they can't get players,expiring contract, draft picks and trade exceptions in return. BS.

I agree.

Since there is an appeal, the judge's ruling might get overturned. Accordingly, that means the judge's ruling never was effective in the first place.

Which means this contract/trade restriction would be a penalty for nothing.

Also, what if Belkin doesn't come up with the money or down the line changes his mind? That probably won't happen, but if it does that means the Hawks suffer a penalty for nothing.

This part of the ruling is bad.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 06:35 AM   #37
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lascar78
As for whoever said we'd be the worst team in the league, not even close

Speedy/Lue/Ivy
JJ/Salim
Marvin/Childress
Josh Smith/Shelden
Zaza/John Edwards

can push for the playoffs in the east.

My current prediction would be 38 wins or so

That team wins 36 games, unless Marvin Williams and Sheldon Williams somehow end up having superb seasons.

The Hawks need at least one more big (Jamaal Magliore or Chris Wilcox would be nice), plus a reserve perimeter shooter to get into the playoffs.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:51 AM   #38
G.O.P
I airball my layups

G.O.P has an OK reputation so far

HOLY CRAP! poor harrington and atlanta fans
G.O.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:36 AM   #39
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo Tubbs
I don't really see what's wrong with Belkin. If I owned part of a company, and the other shareholders decided to just buy me out when they didn't have that right, I'd be pretty fcukin pissed too. I don't know the whole case, but the judge seems to think the other owners did something shady.

And Lascar, I thought you were the last sane Hawks fan, but this…

…means you are now one of them. Exactly how the hell are the Hawks going to leapfrog the Bobcats, Magic, Raptors, Sixers AND Celtics? They will struggle just to stay ahead of the Knicks.

You don't have to be a homer to realize that we are better 1-5 than the Bobcats, Magic, and Raptors and matchup well with the Sixers and Celtics. Add to that fact that the judge's ruling won't deter our ability to bring over David Andersen, who is starring in Europe, and we don't have a bad squad

Speedy/Lue
Joe Johnson/Salim
Marvin Williams/Childress
Josh Smith/Shelden Williams
Zaza Pachulia/David Andersen

We will finally have scoring and defense. We will be a force to be reckoned with.
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:46 AM   #40
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
You don't have to be a homer to realize that we are better 1-5 than the Bobcats, Magic, and Raptors and matchup well with the Sixers and Celtics. Add to that fact that the judge's ruling won't deter our ability to bring over David Andersen, who is starring in Europe, and we don't have a bad squad

Speedy/Lue
Joe Johnson/Salim
Marvin Williams/Childress
Josh Smith/Shelden Williams
Zaza Pachulia/David Andersen

We will finally have scoring and defense. We will be a force to be reckoned with.

The Magic should make the playoffs this year, especially with a full year of Donnie. Plus adding Reddick was a real plus.

Washington had better watch out, or they will fall out of the playoffs.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:53 AM   #41
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

how can the judge even enforce that? i dont see that lasting. like has been said before, this will screw other players. i dont think the judge thought out the consequences of this.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:04 AM   #42
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

JordanPippenRodman has no real reputation yet.

And this is why they're the hawks! wtf...new ownership needed ASAP
JordanPippenRodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:06 AM   #43
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanPippenRodman
And this is why they're the hawks! wtf...new ownership needed ASAP

Aww shut up and just be glad that Portland was too stupid to take Michael Jordan.
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:07 AM   #44
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

JordanPippenRodman has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
Aww shut up and just be glad that Portland was too stupid to take Michael Jordan.

i see my post struck a chord. musta been da truth then.
JordanPippenRodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:08 AM   #45
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

BeckDiggLer has no real reputation yet.

I think I predicted this a couple months ago and a couple of Hawks fans stated that I did not know what I was talking about.
BeckDiggLer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: