Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 07-07-2006, 11:10 AM   #46
Lascar78
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo Tubbs
And Lascar, I thought you were the last sane Hawks fan, but this…
…means you are now one of them. Exactly how the hell are the Hawks going to leapfrog the Bobcats, Magic, Raptors, Sixers AND Celtics? They will struggle just to stay ahead of the Knicks.
Umm ok good for you. I predicted 25 wins last year we got 26. There were a lot of growing pains with JJ coming on board. You guys who haven't watched us play don't understand. You think we couldn't win because we didn't have enough talent, or didn't have a PG. We couldn't win because Harrington-Pachulia in the frontcourt on defense means a layup drill for the opposing team.

Why don't you predict how many games you think we'll win and we'll see who's closer.

I think the teams that are automatically better than us are:
Detroit
Miami
New Jersey
Cleveland
Washington
Chicago

I think that teams that are in the same ballpark as us will be:
Indiana
Milwaukee
Orlando
Toronto

I think we will be better than:
Philadelphia
Boston
Charlotte
New York

So that puts us in the 7-11 seed range in the east, I think we probably end up 9th or 10th in the east.
Again man, if you ignore the horrible 2-16 start after collier's death etc, we're a 31 win ball club, which would have put us as 12th in the east. Improving to 9-10th is reasonable to me. Hell we beat 13 out of 16 playoff teams over the course of the year. We beat the spurs. We beat the pistons. We swept the pacers. We're not nearly as bad as people think when they just look at the record.
Lascar78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:17 AM   #47
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Time to be a dickhead:

Hey, Lascar, I told you so! Hawks can't do **** this summer...sorry homes.

Whoo, we love Belkin. Go Celtics! Go Belkin! Go Celtics! Go Belkin...ah. I'm enjoying the Hawk fan suffering far more than I ought to. It's just so much fun. I can't help it.

Good luck on 38 wins. You'll need it.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:20 AM   #48
Lascar78
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckDiggLer
I think I predicted this a couple months ago and a couple of Hawks fans stated that I did not know what I was talking about.
what happenned was you said we couldn't sign people right then and I told you that as of right then, we could do everything and anything as per usual.

Old 07-07-2006, 11:23 AM   #49
Lascar78
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Time to be a dickhead:

Whoo, we love Belkin. Go Celtics! Go Belkin! Go Celtics! Go Belkin...ah. I'm enjoying the Hawk fan suffering far more than I ought to. It's just so much fun. I can't help it.

In all fairness, what we really needed this summer was an inside defensive presence, and a PG. We already acquired both. Of course it would be nice to be able to do whatever we want with Al, but we took care of the big stuff.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if we just re-signed Al for a 1 year deal until all this BS goes through. Might be in our interest and his.

Also we might still be signing David Anderson, a 7 footer who can help us. I guess we can still sign him for whatever since he's our draft pick

The positive here is that I don't have to hear how wrong I am on Belkin and how much he loves the hawks from all these clueless half-assed ATL fans. He's made it perfectly clear that he doesn't care what the consequences on the franchise are, he just wants the power and the money
Old 07-07-2006, 11:23 AM   #50
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

Quote:
Time to be a dickhead:

What do you call signing Speedy Claxton genius. I guarantee the Celtics won't get to 38 wins.
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:45 AM   #51
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lascar78
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if we just re-signed Al for a 1 year deal until all this BS goes through. Might be in our interest and his.
He can get a multi-year deal on the open market. He shouldn't touch a one-year deal unless it's for the max, or close to that.
Quote:
What do you call signing Speedy Claxton genius. I guarantee the Celtics won't get to 38 wins.
Speedy Claxton? Good point; Atlanta can do VERY LITTLE. Congratulations on signing a career back-up as your starter. You don't think my Cs can win 38. Big deal. The team's record will be determined by their play, not your predictions...and I can tell you that 38 wins is no kind of goal to me or any other Celtic fan anyway.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:18 PM   #52
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

You know, in some twisted way, Belkin is once again on the right side. He was spot on with the Johnson deal and this whole process will stop them from using any of their capspace on anyone in this FA group. They are better off filling a few holes with 1 year contracts and really making a splash next year.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:27 PM   #53
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
Man, it must suck to be a Hawks fan right now.

I've been saying that since the Blaylock/Ratliff combo got broken up...
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:34 PM   #54
lawlerslaw100
Good High School Starter

Red face Silver Lining

Harrington or Predator Wilcox are now out of the picture but next year the
Hawks will have major cap space to spend if Belkin doesnt over capitalize
his $ in this lawsuit which he will win and acquire ownership control.
Then the Hawks can make a run at Paul Pierce or Vince Carter to draw back the fans.
lawlerslaw100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:34 PM   #55
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

Quote:
He can get a multi-year deal on the open market. He shouldn't touch a one-year deal unless it's for the max, or close to that.Speedy Claxton? Good point; Atlanta can do VERY LITTLE. Congratulations on signing a career back-up as your starter. You don't think my Cs can win 38. Big deal. The team's record will be determined by their play, not your predictions...and I can tell you that 38 wins is no kind of goal to me or any other Celtic fan anyway.

IT should be because "Larry Bird isn't walking though that door."
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:36 PM   #56
brwnman

I am still waiting for my phone call for that 1 year deal...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:11 PM   #57
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

Hawks fans know something about our ownership situation - expect the unexpected.

We are all kind of used to this at this point.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:40 PM   #58
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

I haven't read all this, but doesn't it seem like Al Harrington could file an injunction in a federal court to be allowed to be S+Ted? It would seem this court ruling would be affecting his ability to earn unfairly, as it has little to do with him.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:35 PM   #59
Ricardo Tubbs
High School JV MVP

Quote:
doesn't it seem like Al Harrington could file an injunction in a federal court to be allowed to be S+Ted? It would seem this court ruling would be affecting his ability to earn unfairly, as it has little to do with him.

I don't think so. Not allowing him to be sign-and-traded for a multi-year contract actually hurts the Hawks more than Harrington, since they are more likely to get nothing for him, since he's an unrestricted free agent anyways. And it would also be a giant waste of time simply because it would take way too long to get this done in court. So while it would limit his options, I don't think a judge would think that it would be enough to overrule a ruling another judge made.
Ricardo Tubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:44 PM   #60
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

An injunction doesn't really take any time. It's just an agreement that a court would make saying that someone makes a compelling enough argument to put off a ruling while it is heard. Mike Tyson fought in Vegas under an injunction of the ruling that he was barred by their comission.

One was used not too long ago for something else too. Maybe that football player who snowboards?
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: