Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 07-07-2006, 04:19 PM   #61
Ricardo Tubbs
High School JV MVP

Ricardo Tubbs has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Mike Tyson fought in Vegas under an injunction of the ruling that he was barred by their comission.

But this is not Al Harrington fighting to just play a game. He and two (or more) teams would have to have a contract and trade all set. Then the judge would have to essentially overturn the previous judge's ruling that the current Hawks ownership cannot make any long-term decisions now. Not to mention that the current ruling is not stopping Al Harrington from signing a contract at all, just limiting his options.

I don't see all of those things happening. But hey, I'm no lawyer and I don't even know all the details about the case, so I am probably completely wrong.

Quote:
Why don't you predict how many games you think we'll win and we'll see who's closer.

I'll go with 32, Alex.
Ricardo Tubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:22 PM   #62
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

36 games next year with the current roster.

More if the Hawks land another big who can help with defense and rebounding.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 07:34 PM   #63
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Stern really needs to step in, because this judge is affecting a lot of other teams than the Hawks.

Al Harrington is a prominent free agent, and a lot of teams could make a sign and trade deal with the Hawks.

But because of this ruling, they might not be able to do it.

I don't know where she drew up the artificial line of only taking one year deals.

This is bullsh@t needs to stop ASAP - either let Belkin buy the team or give him money to go away.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 07:39 PM   #64
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

SecondFiddle has not been impressing people

This is great news now if we lose 65 games we keep the pick and get Oden
SecondFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 08:45 PM   #65
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
Washington had better watch out, or they will fall out of the playoffs.

BS. But no more Al HArrington sign and trade threads, wahoo!
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 08:47 PM   #66
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Al Harrington is a prominent free agent, and a lot of teams could make a sign and trade deal with the Hawks.

LOL. I should have read the whole thread.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:48 PM   #67
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

Quote:
Stern really needs to step in, because this judge is affecting a lot of other teams than the Hawks.

No, you're never gonna get it (Ow!)
Never ever gonna get it (No, not this time)
No, you're never gonna get it (My love)
Never ever gonna get it
Old 07-07-2006, 08:56 PM   #68
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
IT should be because "Larry Bird isn't walking though that door."
Note how you're the only one that laughed.

Now I'm going to point out to you the difference between a Hawks fan and a fan of a team that has some kind of hope for the future: You are mentioning 38 wins as if it's something worth shooting for. To me, 38 wins is a bad season, and my hopes are far higher. If the Hawks won 38 games you'd probably be bragging as if they accomplished something. Heck, the Hawks right now look like they ought to be contracted with the inability to attract fans, crappyu ownership situation and perennial futility, and yet here you are, talking them up to me as if there was some kind of rivalry here. Newsflash: There isn't. My Cs are a bad team. Your Hawks are a pathetic team. If you want to try and aspire to outdo a 36-win ballclub, go right ahead, but I for one wouldn't give ATL a lick of credit for winning 38 games anyway.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 09:06 PM   #69
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
The Bucks could seriously hold them hostage, especially if the Speedy Claxton deal is now dead. Who can offer a one year player better than Magloire? We happen to have two very good one year point guards and a one year center... Now give us Josh Smith!

Seriously, does ALL your posts have to about about trading Magloire? Geez...it REALLY is getting annoying.
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 09:23 PM   #70
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
can push for the playoffs in the east.

Not Really.

Heat
Bulls
Pistons
Nets
Cavs
Wizards
Pacers

Those are 7 teams making the playoffs next year, or at least, are better than the Hawks. Toronto and the Bucks also may be better than the Hawks. It will be harder this year to make the playoffs than years in the past in the East.

Its ****ed up what management is doing to that franchise. Just using up talent like Joe Johnson. He was signed to make ATL more marketable to other players....yet, now you cant SIGN other players!!! Thats horrible, for the fans and players. Now, they will lose Harrington for nothing, and maybe note ven get Speedy. I'm sorry to hear that Hawks fans. Hang in there. The team IS good. But, you guys need a makeover up-stairs.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:25 PM   #71
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
Seriously, does ALL your posts have to about about trading Magloire? Geez...it REALLY is getting annoying.

He dreams about Magloires deep chocolate colored skin
Old 07-07-2006, 09:26 PM   #72
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
You don't have to be a homer to realize that we are better 1-5 than the Bobcats, Magic, and Raptors

:rollingeyes:
Old 07-07-2006, 09:28 PM   #73
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
:rollingeyes:

This :rollingeyes:
is not a post
Old 07-07-2006, 09:28 PM   #74
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

Old 07-08-2006, 07:10 PM   #75
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation

LOL. Which turkey gave me negitive feedback for my comments in this thread?

I'm racist? lol There's not wrong with disliking white people. ESP rich ones like this Belkin guy that only cares about money.

Here's an example...

Belkin's attorney:

"The point of the clause, whatever the language, apparently was to protect Belkin against actions by the other owners during the appeal process that might saddle him with unwanted obligations later. (Belkin court arguments often suggest the other owners are over-spenders, although the Hawks' payroll remains among the NBA's lowest.)"

The comments of a rich white guy that only cares about money.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: