Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2017, 05:06 AM   #1
eliteballer
Very good NBA starter
 
eliteballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,183
Default Why does NBA let LeBron elbow and shoulder his way to the rim like a running back?

Just curious.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 05:34 AM   #2
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated
 
Kblaze8855's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: I love me some me.
Posts: 16,521
Default Re: Why does NBA let LeBron elbow and shoulder his way to the rim like a running back?

The NBA never really cracked down on the somewhat illegal moves of any of its superstars aside from Allen Iverson. And when everybody role players to superstars can travel and carry and shuffle the pivot foot in the triple threat without consequence I don't even see why it matters. The only people who have to play by the rules are the defenders. And some of the dirtier defenders don't have to either. If you set enough illegal screens eventually they're only going to call the incredibly blatant ones.

Karl Malone spoke on this issue in a playboy interview over 20 years ago. He explained that if you break the same rules over and over and over eventually the refs are going to stop calling you. He did it just to see what he could get away with. He knew his moving screens and constant swipes in the post were fouls but the NBA isn't going to let them remove great players over such things.

The NBA only lessons the offensive superstars advantage when it makes the game less watchable like when isolation play was slowing the game down so much and they wouldn't let people back down for 14 seconds anymore. You could also fold the old illegal offense rules into that. They didn't like Jordan and some others having the ability to clear out the whole floor to go one on one.

Even the things that they announce you can no longer do like the rip through we still see KD and harden do all the time. They will acknowledge that its bullshit and let the stars get away with it anyway. That's the league.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 06:48 AM   #3
keep-itreal
L3/8ron
 
keep-itreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,540
Default Re: Why does NBA let LeBron elbow and shoulder his way to the rim like a running back?

It's the only way he can score.



look at him struggle against a 5'6'' JJ Barea in the post
keep-itreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 10:11 AM   #4
Timrock
I rule the local playground
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 514
Default Re: Why does NBA let LeBron elbow and shoulder his way to the rim like a running back?

who cares, he's always tired in the 4th, right?
Timrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 06:00 PM   #5
eliteballer
Very good NBA starter
 
eliteballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,183
Default Re: Why does NBA let LeBron elbow and shoulder his way to the rim like a running back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
The NBA never really cracked down on the somewhat illegal moves of any of its superstars aside from Allen Iverson. And when everybody role players to superstars can travel and carry and shuffle the pivot foot in the triple threat without consequence I don't even see why it matters. The only people who have to play by the rules are the defenders. And some of the dirtier defenders don't have to either. If you set enough illegal screens eventually they're only going to call the incredibly blatant ones.

Karl Malone spoke on this issue in a playboy interview over 20 years ago. He explained that if you break the same rules over and over and over eventually the refs are going to stop calling you. He did it just to see what he could get away with. He knew his moving screens and constant swipes in the post were fouls but the NBA isn't going to let them remove great players over such things.

The NBA only lessons the offensive superstars advantage when it makes the game less watchable like when isolation play was slowing the game down so much and they wouldn't let people back down for 14 seconds anymore. You could also fold the old illegal offense rules into that. They didn't like Jordan and some others having the ability to clear out the whole floor to go one on one.

Even the things that they announce you can no longer do like the rip through we still see KD and harden do all the time. They will acknowledge that its bullshit and let the stars get away with it anyway. That's the league.

Every player eventually gets forced to stop because of either complaints by players or legislating by the league.

LeBron's the only player I've seen get away with 15 years of doing the same BS.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 06:01 PM   #6
Smoke117
NBA Legend
 
Smoke117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 18,789
Default Re: Why does NBA let LeBron elbow and shoulder his way to the rim like a running back?

This is ironic coming from a Laker fan when Shaq's main move was bowling players over during his laker days.
Smoke117 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 06:03 PM   #7
FireDavidKahn
The Puppeteer
 
FireDavidKahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,949
Default Re: Why does NBA let LeBron elbow and shoulder his way to the rim like a running back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep-itreal
It's the only way he can score.



look at him struggle against a 5'6'' JJ Barea in the post
Except that was a flop
FireDavidKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 07:15 PM   #8
MrFonzworth
Love Me Sexy
 
MrFonzworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 4,762
Default Re: Why does NBA let LeBron elbow and shoulder his way to the rim like a running back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
Except that was a flop
Getting forearmed in the chin is a flop?
MrFonzworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 07:46 PM   #9
Dro
NBA rookie of the year
 
Dro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Naptown aka Indianapolis
Posts: 6,576
Default Re: Why does NBA let LeBron elbow and shoulder his way to the rim like a running back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFonzworth
Getting forearmed in the chin is a flop?
Dro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 08:20 PM   #10
D-Wait
National High School Star
 
D-Wait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,306
Default Re: Why does NBA let LeBron elbow and shoulder his way to the rim like a running back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timrock
who cares, he's always tired in the 4th, right?

Because he played like 40 mins. in the reg season for his entire career.

Needs to be in the game anytime because the Cavs' bench sucked ass.

It doesn't matter what names we had on the bench, they were OLD and WASHED UP.

Last edited by D-Wait : 06-28-2017 at 08:24 PM.
D-Wait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 08:41 PM   #11
ArbitraryWater
... on a leash
 
ArbitraryWater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: I walk a higher path, son
Posts: 30,844
Default Re: Why does NBA let LeBron elbow and shoulder his way to the rim like a running back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFonzworth
Getting forearmed in the chin is a flop?

there is no contact with the chin

its a flop
ArbitraryWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 08:47 PM   #12
knicksman
NBA All-star
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,389
Default Re: Why does NBA let LeBron elbow and shoulder his way to the rim like a running back?

Coz nba wants the sheeps to believe hes the next jordan
knicksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 09:08 PM   #13
Asukal
Great college starter
 
Asukal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,690
Default Re: Why does NBA let LeBron elbow and shoulder his way to the rim like a running back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
there is no contact with the chin

its a flop

Dayum! The GOAT flopper getting flopped on....
Asukal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 09:18 PM   #14
MrFonzworth
Love Me Sexy
 
MrFonzworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 4,762
Default Re: Why does NBA let LeBron elbow and shoulder his way to the rim like a running back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
there is no contact with the chin

its a flop


How do you not see LeBron extend and aim for the face? Then tries to play the victim, and you have the audacity to defend him?
MrFonzworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 09:21 PM   #15
FireDavidKahn
The Puppeteer
 
FireDavidKahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,949
Default Re: Why does NBA let LeBron elbow and shoulder his way to the rim like a running back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFonzworth
Getting forearmed in the chin is a flop?
His forearm was into Barea's chest and NBA players never get knocked down by that little of force
FireDavidKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:18 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy