Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-05-2017, 08:19 PM   #1
eliteballer
Very good NBA starter

Default Hayward isn't the only All-Star Celtics are adding vs. Cleveland

They are basically adding Isaiah too, since he essentially only played 1 game against the Cavs.

They should both also be more effective in general by sharing the scoring load.

Kyrie being a weak defender at the 1 will also magnify Isaiah

Not saying they'll beat Cleveland but it should be a much more competitive series than we are anticipating.

Last edited by eliteballer : 07-05-2017 at 08:30 PM.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 08:21 PM   #2
CelticBaller
You mad?

Default Re: Hayward isn't the only All-Star Celtics are adding vs. Cleveland

Jaylen Brown and Tatum
CelticBaller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 08:29 PM   #3
eliteballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
Jaylen Brown and Tatum

As this point both could just as easily be busts as legit NBA players.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 08:48 PM   #4
Kawhi m8
0/8

Honestly, IT looked absolutely horrid against the Cavs, complete negative on the floor.
Kawhi m8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 08:58 PM   #5
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
They are basically adding Isaiah too, since he essentially only played 1 game against the Cavs.

They should both also be more effective in general by sharing the scoring load.

Kyrie being a weak defender at the 1 will also magnify Isaiah

Not saying they'll beat Cleveland but it should be a much more competitive series than we are anticipating.

....and who on the Celtics is defending Kyrie, because as good as their defensive backcourt is, he absolutely lit them all on fire, burned them to the ground, swept up the ashes into a little tray, and dropped them into a garbage can.

In the three games without IT's certifiably repugnant defense being a factor (Games 3-5), Kyrie averaged 32 points on 65/57/94 splits. He had an offensive rating and, no, I'm not making this up ... of 146. His TS% was 81 and eFG% was 77.

That is primarily against Avery Bradley.

So, before we get ahead of ourselves about what IT is going to do to Kyrie, I need to hear what the Celtics' plan is to not be brutally executed by Irving on the other end. And, don't say Avery Bradley and Marcus Smart. They clearly can't handle that job.

Also, IT played two games. Sure, he left in the middle of Game 2, but the Cavs were up 40 at the time. I think it is safe to assume that game was pretty much in the bag.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 09:01 PM   #6
LeFraud James
NEEDS MORE HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
....and who on the Celtics is defending Kyrie, because as good as their defensive backcourt is, he absolutely lit them all on fire, burned them to the ground, swept up the ashes into a little tray, and dropped them into a garbage can.

In the three games without IT's certifiably repugnant defense being a factor (Games 3-5), Kyrie averaged 32 points on 65/57/94 splits. He had an offensive rating and, no, I'm not making this up ... of 146. His TS% was 81 and eFG% was 77.

So, before we get ahead of ourselves about what IT is going to do to Kyrie, I need to hear what the Celtics' plan is to not be brutally executed by Irving on the other end. And, don't say Avery Bradley and Marcus Smart. They clearly can't handle that job.

Hey I know you're passionate about your team and it's really cute, but there's a serious problem with this forum that you're contributing to by not banning alt accounts that do nothing but badmouth current and former NBA players.

You can start with known Fudge alts And1AllDay, InsanityKills, Kiiiiing, Gus Hemmingway, and scuzzy.
LeFraud James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 09:05 PM   #7
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeFraud James
Hey I know you're passionate about your team and it's really cute, but there's a serious problem with this forum that you're contributing to by not banning alt accounts that do nothing but badmouth current and former NBA players.

You can start with known Fudge alts And1AllDay, InsanityKills, Kiiiiing, Gus Hemmingway, and scuzzy.
I haven't been here in weeks ... maybe months. Talk to the more active mods and don't blame me for this place going to sh!t. For years I tried to clean it up and got nothing but grief for the effort.

At some point, the active members on the forum need to make a concerted effort to ignore those posters who are looking for a reaction. This place is fertile ground for trolls and idiots because those types of posters are indulged here. It is the whole reason I barely post on here any more.

If I see sh!tposting and trolling, I'll take action. But, I'm just interested in talking basketball atm.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:05 PM   #8
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

It remains to be seen how IT can really hold up in a playoff series against elite competition...especially at his position.

I really like Thomas and love watching him play, but he is a dreadful defensive player and it really hurts the team.

I'm pretty skeptical about this Celtics team unless they find a way to be a very good defensive team with him on the floor.

Not having a rim protecting and monster rebounding center pretty much removes that possibility.

Now, you tell me that they somehow add Deandre Jordan to this team...then the Cavs should start to worry.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 09:06 PM   #9
Gus Hemmingway
Banned

Take LeBron and IT off the Cavs and Celtics. And Celtics have the better roster

Hayward > Kyrie

Horford > Love

Bradley, Crowder > Anyone else on the Cavs
Gus Hemmingway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 09:10 PM   #10
LeFraud James
NEEDS MORE HELP

Quote:
I haven't been here in weeks ... maybe months. Talk to the more active mods and don't blame me for this place going to sh!t. For years I tried to clean it up and got nothing but grief for the effort.

At some point, the active members on the forum needs to make a concerted effort to ignore those posters who are looking for a reaction. This place is fertile ground for trolls and idiots because those types of posters are indulged here. If I see sh!tposting and trolling, I'll take action.

But, I'm just interested in talking basketball atm.

Wasn't expecting a response, but thank you for your honesty.

Just bringing to your attention the sh!tposting of the previously mentioned poster's alternative accounts, and asking for you to take action whenever you're basketball discussions have concluded.

Thank you for your time.
LeFraud James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 09:24 PM   #11
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Quote:

Also, IT played two games. Sure, he left in the middle of Game 2, but the Cavs were up 40 at the time. I think it is safe to assume that game was pretty much in the bag.

Not really. It was Olynyk getting trashed in a 1-5 pnr. Credit to Kyrie for making tough shots when he had to, but let's be fair to ab.
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 09:26 PM   #12
Hamtaro CP3KDKG
MOBB

Celtics are better without Isaiah VS Cavs
Hamtaro CP3KDKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 09:30 PM   #13
tpols
we already won

IT made Boston worse against Cleveland...with their heavy iso mismatch dependence and all...too easy. The reason they lost a game is when Thomas went out and now there was a plus defender at every spot.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 09:31 PM   #14
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
Celtics are better without Isaiah VS Cavs

This very well could be the case...especially if they keep Avery/Smart and trade Crowder in this Hayward S&T deal currently being worked on.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 09:36 PM   #15
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
Not really. It was Olynyk getting trashed in a 1-5 pnr. Credit to Kyrie for making tough shots when he had to, but let's be fair to ab.
It is all about team defense in today's NBA, so when picks are set or perimeter guys get by the initial defender, a lot of scoring may happen in the face of some lumbering bigman who is wholly unequipped to do the job.

But, it usually takes a team effort to slow down the best scorers out there. Bradley was/is the primary defender on Kyrie pretty much every time the Cavs and Celtics have played the last few years. He can stay with most guys and he is one of the best in the league at fighting through screens.

It has become abundantly clear, though, that he can't stay with Kyrie. That isn't a slight on Bradley. I actually love his game and think he was lowkey the best player on the Celtics in the playoffs last year. And, Irving does it to pretty much everyone, but what he did to the Cs in the last three games of that series was pretty mean.

That's why the post I initially responded to made me scratch my head a bit.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: