Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-05-2017, 10:00 PM   #16
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Default Re: Hayward isn't the only All-Star Celtics are adding vs. Cleveland

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
It is all about team defense in today's NBA, so when picks are set or perimeter guys get by the initial defender, a lot of scoring may happen in the face of some lumbering bigman who is wholly unequipped to do the job.

But, it usually takes a team effort to slow down the best scorers out there. Bradley was/is the primary defender on Kyrie pretty much every time the Cavs and Celtics have played the last few years. He can stay with most guys and he is one of the best in the league at fighting through screens.

It has become abundantly clear, though, that he can't stay with Kyrie. That isn't a slight on Bradley. I actually love his game and think he was lowkey the best player on the Celtics in the playoffs last year. And, Irving does it to pretty much everyone, but what he did to the Cs in the last three games of that series was pretty mean.

That's why the post I initially responded to made me scratch my head a bit.

Kyrie balled out. I'm not making excuses or taking anything away from him
I kinda think we're saying the same thing? The difference between IT and AB doesn't matter.
Where we differ, I believe that AB, Smart and maybe even Rozier can impact the matchup defensively(Not suggesting they'll shut him down completely just that's when you might begin to see dividends from AB instead of IT matching up with Kyrie) if the Celtics get better than what they got from Olynyk in the ECF. How are they gonna do that? No idea, but I'm no Brad Stevens haha.
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 10:03 PM   #17
FireDavidKahn
The Puppeteer

Damn, you saying Thomas coming back?

Cavs gonna score 150 on that squad now.
FireDavidKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 10:07 PM   #18
MaxPlayer
Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeFraud James
Hey I know you're passionate about your team and it's really cute, but there's a serious problem with this forum that you're contributing to by not banning alt accounts that do nothing but badmouth current and former NBA players.

You can start with known Fudge alts And1AllDay, InsanityKills, Kiiiiing, Gus Hemmingway, and scuzzy.

MaxPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 10:18 PM   #19
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

And they won the only game they played without IT.

I'm sorry, I know IT had an amazing season, and all the numbers suggest he's actually an incredibly clutch player... but you're not winning a title with IT as your first option. Realistically he should be your 3rd option, coming off the bench and playing 24ish minutes.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 11:34 PM   #20
Sportal
Local High School Star

These Celtics fans need to slow their roll, lets not start doing shit like those Lakers fans...
Sportal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 11:58 PM   #21
Smoke117
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
And they won the only game they played without IT.

I'm sorry, I know IT had an amazing season, and all the numbers suggest he's actually an incredibly clutch player... but you're not winning a title with IT as your first option. Realistically he should be your 3rd option, coming off the bench and playing 24ish minutes.

Pretty much agree with this. He's pretty much gone from the Celtics for sure after this next season. Ainge is never going to pay him close to the max. Some desperate smaller market team will, though
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 04:36 PM   #22
eliteballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
Pretty much agree with this. He's pretty much gone from the Celtics for sure after this next season. Ainge is never going to pay him close to the max. Some desperate smaller market team will, though

He'll get a deal similar to Lowry.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 04:45 PM   #23
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117

I'm not sure about that.

Lowry deal could be the new normal and I'd bet the Celtics would bring him back if that was the cost.

I think the Celtics should move Horford.

I know it sounds crazy at first, but I really think that is who the Celtics should include in the S/T with the Jazz.

That way they still have a lot of cap this year and would get something back.

Horford with Rubio and Gobert makes a ton of sense.

Would the Jazz send back two first rounders? I don't know...they might to stay in the playoffs.

Then the Celtics go after Dedmon and Luc at bargain prices considering the market is drying up. Maybe take on Tyson from the Suns.

That is how this Celtics team should play going forward. Play guys like Crowder/Luc and potentially Brown/Tatum/Gordon at times...at the 4 with IT and a rim protector.

Horford is getting older and doesn't do what this team needs. But he'd be perfect next to Rubio/Gobert on the Jazz...at least until they play the Warriors.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 04:48 PM   #24
dunksby
NBA Superstar

Boston should trade IT as long as his value is high, another playoffs bust and nobody would give up anything valuable for him.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:46 PM   #25
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
I'm not sure about that.

Lowry deal could be the new normal and I'd bet the Celtics would bring him back if that was the cost.

I think the Celtics should move Horford.

I know it sounds crazy at first, but I really think that is who the Celtics should include in the S/T with the Jazz.

That way they still have a lot of cap this year and would get something back.

Horford with Rubio and Gobert makes a ton of sense.

Would the Jazz send back two first rounders? I don't know...they might to stay in the playoffs.

Then the Celtics go after Dedmon and Luc at bargain prices considering the market is drying up. Maybe take on Tyson from the Suns.

That is how this Celtics team should play going forward. Play guys like Crowder/Luc and potentially Brown/Tatum/Gordon at times...at the 4 with IT and a rim protector.

Horford is getting older and doesn't do what this team needs. But he'd be perfect next to Rubio/Gobert on the Jazz...at least until they play the Warriors.

Rubio makes little sense other than being cheaper than Hill
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: