Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-07-2017, 10:05 AM   #1
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Arrow Mike Beasley

Has any one heard about Beasley - he is a free agent , and the Bucks need to re-sign him , hopefully a long term deal.

He was awesome off the bench with Monroe.

Any word ????
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 12:56 PM   #2
scm5
College superstar

Default Re: Mike Beasley

It's crazy how much potential this kid had, if he just had the right attitude he'd be an all-star for sure and probably five times as rich as he is now.
scm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 04:19 PM   #3
305Baller
Jumpshooter.

He is still recovering from injury. He might get signed during the season. We will see.
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 04:29 PM   #4
DCL
NBA sixth man of the year

he dominated college ball as a freshman while probably getting high every night.

that doesn't work out in the nba.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 04:32 PM   #5
Smoke117
Warriors 4 Life

He was never going to be an all star. He's a tweener...too slow for sf and too small for pf. He is also an average athlete in general with a low BBIQ. He was always going to be a scorer and nothing else in this league.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 04:38 PM   #6
scm5
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
He was never going to be an all star. He's a tweener...too slow for sf and too small for pf. He is also an average athlete in general with a low BBIQ. He was always going to be a scorer and nothing else in this league.

He's got good athleticism and size for a modern day PF, and he can hit 3's at a high rate. I don't think he has low BBIQ, he's got good scoring instincts and he's actually a decent playmaker at times.

I just think he's got the wrong attitude towards the game... no passion, lazy... smokes too much weed. He probably doesn't know a lot of the plays which keeps him from getting starter minutes or a starting position, yet he's good enough to be an efficient scorer when he's on the floor.

I see a lot of wasted potential.
scm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 04:39 PM   #7
Smoke117
Warriors 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm5
He's got good athleticism and size for a modern day PF, and he can hit 3's at a high rate. I don't think he has low BBIQ, he's got good scoring instincts and he's actually a decent playmaker at times.

I just think he's got the wrong attitude towards the game... no passion, lazy... smokes too much weed. He probably doesn't know a lot of the plays which keeps him from getting starter minutes or a starting position, yet he's good enough to be an efficient scorer when he's on the floor.

I see a lot of wasted potential.

Being able to score has nothing to do with BBIQ. He doesn't know how to play within a team concept and maximize his skills and his teams. It has nothing to do with being a pot head either.
Old 07-07-2017, 04:39 PM   #8
305Baller
Jumpshooter.

His hype cursed him. If he was a second rounder woould there be so many negative nancies? I THINK NOT
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 04:40 PM   #9
DCL
NBA sixth man of the year

kevin love, playing at PF and listed at 6'10", is only 0.75 inches taller than beasley in reality.

their basketball iq's are an ocean apart though.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 04:40 PM   #10
Smoke117
Warriors 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305Baller
His hype cursed him. If he was a second rounder woould there be so many negative nancies? I THINK NOT

Pretty much. Lots of guys that dominate college do nothing in the NBA. It doesn't mean shit a lot of the time...especially when you're a tweener. When he was drafted having a guy like him at PF wasn't ideal and he was just too slow to play sf. He'd be drafted as a PF now, but I doubt anything would change all that much considering he'd still have poor work ethic and a poor bbiq.

Last edited by Smoke117 : 07-07-2017 at 04:43 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: