Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-07-2017, 10:07 AM   #1
Kingwillball
NBA lottery pick

Default So hearing Melo will get bought out by Knicks !!

Heard on ESPN radio this morning there is good chance this still happens and if it does Melo will most likely join the Cavs who can offe MLE and Knicks would pay rest of his salary. In what I would call an uneventful to dissapointing offseason for Cavs losing out on PG if they can land Melo without giving up love that would be huge for Cavs and put them back in championship mix as long as they can round out rest of roster. Hearing Jamal Crawford if bought out by Hawks would join Cavs which would give some scoring pop off bench. Will be interesting to see how this plays out cause as of now Cavs have done nothing to close gap with warriors who probably will be even better next year barring injury.
Kingwillball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 10:10 AM   #2
Im Still Ballin
WoooOOOOooooooooo!!!!!

Default Re: So hearing Melo will get bought out by Knicks !!

Cleveland or Houston, either way it's good to see some moderate competition for GSW

Still though... GSW got better this off-season, which is hard to fathom
Im Still Ballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 10:20 AM   #3
Kingwillball
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
Cleveland or Houston, either way it's good to see some moderate competition for GSW

Still though... GSW got better this off-season, which is hard to fathom

Warriors would still be favorites but Cavs can definately put out some interesting lineups going big Kyrie, Melo, lebron,Love, TT or small but still big enough to get boards with Kyrie,JR, Melo, Lebron, Love .. defense still not great but good luck
Stopping that offense if Melo plays unselfish ala olympics Melo... also helps give lebron longer breathers thus making him more effective late in games.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:24 AM   #4
Orlando Magic
NBA sixth man of the year

If the Cavs get Melo for free and LeBron still bails, there is literally no pleasing him OR he's doing it to screw Gilbert.
Orlando Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 10:28 AM   #5
MaxPlayer
Dunking on everybody in the park

I've been a big time Melo hater but I'm genuinely interested to see how he'll play when for once he has something to play for.

If he's able to make the transition into a role player (operating within the offense and committing to playing consistent defense) he still has the skills to be a huge asset to a top team.
MaxPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 10:32 AM   #6
MaxPlayer
Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
If the Cavs get Melo for free and LeBron still bails, there is literally no pleasing him OR he's doing it to screw Gilbert.

Seems a little late to screw Gilbert after you won him an NBA title and 3 conference titles. And if he is leaving after this year, wouldn't Gilbert want to go for broke and put all his eggs into 2017-18? Wouldn't acquiring an aging Melo be in-line with that strategy?
MaxPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 10:33 AM   #7
r15mohd
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando Magic

it's more than bball at this point...just like other top guys in their industries

comedy is not what Kevin Hart is about
music is not what Jay-Z, or even Diddy, is about

money and opportunity factors play heavily for their decisions...Lebron certianly sees that with the movie business and knowing how well guys who made OK money in their own industry (Ludacris, the Rock, Kevin Hart) are now seeing big payouts with movie roles. anyone would leverage their chance knowing the huge back end that's available

would say part to do with Gilbert too...Lebron knows Gilbert is putting up a stance to him. Gilbertloses out regardless, if Lebron leaves, the team value plummets. if Gilbert were smart( and i say that lighlty seeing he is a multi-billionaire), he'd sell now at max$$$. owning a sports team for these guys are like owning a 20-30ft weekend boat for the rest of us...it's a leisure ownership.

Last edited by r15mohd : 07-07-2017 at 10:43 AM.
r15mohd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 10:42 AM   #8
UK2K
NBA Legend

Paul
Harden/Gordon
Melo/Ariza
Anderson/Tucker
Capela/Nene

I ****ing love this squad.

Obviously, someone is going to have to go if Melo comes in (Anderson, more than likely), but still, that's a very versatile roster that can play elite offense and elite defense.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 10:58 AM   #9
Kingwillball
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
Paul
Harden/Gordon
Melo/Ariza
Anderson/Tucker
Capela/Nene

I ****ing love this squad.

Obviously, someone is going to have to go if Melo comes in (Anderson, more than likely), but still, that's a very versatile roster that can play elite offense and elite defense.

Except it's 70-30 Cavs over rockets 🚀 rockets would be a good team top 4 with Melo in league Cavs are top 2 with almost guaranteed finals appearance.
Old 07-07-2017, 11:09 AM   #10
E_Stamkos
National High School Star

If this is the case, I'd rather pay him to stay home until an offer roles around. It's only a matter of time before some willing GM coughs up an asset or two.
E_Stamkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:31 AM   #11
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingwillball
Except it's 70-30 Cavs over rockets 🚀 rockets would be a good team top 4 with Melo in league Cavs are top 2 with almost guaranteed finals appearance.
Almost? ALMOST???!!!
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:36 AM   #12
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

I really hope he doesn't get waived...**** that.

The trade that makes most sense from all rumors is the threeway involving Portland/Houston/NY.

NY Gets:

Harkless
Leonard

Houston Gets:

Melo

Portland Gets:

Ryan Anderson

Houston supposedly has 10 million in non-guaranteed contracts that become guarnteed after today. So if a trade happens it most likely happens today.

Deal above makes sense for all teams. Houston Gets Melo and gets rid of a bad contract in Anderson (houston probably has to include some picks or assets), Portland gets rid of Leonard and frees up time at the 3 and NYK get a young piece in Harkless and take on a bad contract in Leonard.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:39 AM   #13
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
I really hope he doesn't get waived...**** that.

The trade that makes most sense from all rumors is the threeway involving Portland/Houston/NY.

NY Gets:

Harkless
Leonard

Houston Gets:

Melo

Portland Gets:

Ryan Anderson

Houston supposedly has 10 million in non-guaranteed contracts that become guarnteed after today. So if a trade happens it most likely happens today.

Deal above makes sense for all teams. Houston Gets Melo and gets rid of a bad contract in Anderson (houston probably has to include some picks or assets), Portland gets rid of Leonard and frees up time at the 3 and NYK get a young piece in Harkless and take on a bad contract in Leonard.

I like this idea.

I've been writing about Meyers Leonard a lot lately. I think someone should take a chance on him. He'd be really good in the right situation in my opinion...

The Blazers have to be looking to dump salary.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:44 AM   #14
E_Stamkos
National High School Star

Just realized that if they pull the trigger on this, the Knicks will have paid Melo and Jax somewhere in the ballpark of 60 million to simply walk.

What a life.
E_Stamkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:53 AM   #15
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Also Melo has player option next season and I would assume Melo would prefer to opt out and get a longer deal. The longer he is on the Knicks the lower his value becomes in this shit show. Melo last year would of landed you some expiring contracts and some prospects and now the best the Knicks can get is some bad contracts in return.

Waiving him would do nothing for the Knicks. Better off keeping him and trying to trade him at the trade deadline.

Last edited by ALBballer : 07-07-2017 at 11:56 AM.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: