Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2017, 04:38 PM   #1
Vancouver-Grizz
Rich Manning is my dad
 
Vancouver-Grizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,794
Default I hope Celtics fans, KG, Pierce, and Rondo can move past Ray Allen leaving now.

This is the true colors of the business side of the NBA. Ray Allen left because he felt Boston had dangled him as trade bait for 2 years in a row and considered moving him the bench for the development of Avery Bradley. Ray felt that it was time to win and the best thing for the team/franchise is to bring Bradley off the bench and continue with continuity with the BIG 3 and Rondo.

Last year Crowder and Bradley were helping with the recruitment of Durant and this year with Paul George. And look whats happening with them? Bigger fish comes in and all the sudden they become targets to create cap space. I am sure Bradley is not happy getting shipped off from a team he helped to build and contend and being treated like garbage.

Can anyone still really blame Allen for leaving?
Vancouver-Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 04:44 PM   #2
Smoke117
Banned
 
Smoke117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 18,771
Default Re: I hope Celtics fans, KG, Pierce, and Rondo can move past Ray Allen leaving now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver-Grizz
This is the true colors of the business side of the NBA. Ray Allen left because he felt Boston had dangled him as trade bait for 2 years in a row and considered moving him the bench for the development of Avery Bradley. Ray felt that it was time to win and the best thing for the team/franchise is to bring Bradley off the bench and continue with continuity with the BIG 3 and Rondo.

Last year Crowder and Bradley were helping with the recruitment of Durant and this year with Paul George. And look whats happening with them? Bigger fish comes in and all the sudden they become targets to create cap space. I am sure Bradley is not happy getting shipped off from a team he helped to build and contend and being treated like garbage.

Can anyone still really blame Allen for leaving?

There is no felt about it...they did. There was even a trade in place at one point, but the other team pulled out. (can't remember who it was anymore) Ray Allen owed the Celtics absolutely nothing. That he signed with the Heat was all about sticking it to them too. As I said before...anyone who expects any loyalty from Danny Ainge is an imbecile. I think the whole loyalty thing between player and organizations is bullshit anyway. You gotta look out for your best interest whether you're the player or the team. This is a business just like any other.

Last edited by Smoke117 : 07-07-2017 at 04:50 PM.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 04:48 PM   #3
LeFraud James
NEEDS MORE HELP
 
LeFraud James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 2,869
Default Re: I hope Celtics fans, KG, Pierce, and Rondo can move past Ray Allen leaving now.

I don't blame Ray-Ray.

It wasn't in his prime, and he didn't create a spectacle by having his decision nationally televised.
LeFraud James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:02 PM   #4
dirkdiggler41
(no Dirk homer)
 
dirkdiggler41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,506
Default Re: I hope Celtics fans, KG, Pierce, and Rondo can move past Ray Allen leaving now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
I think the whole loyalty thing between player and organizations is bullshit anyway. You gotta look out for your best interest whether you're the player or the team. This is a business just like any other.

I disagree. If it was bullshit, every team in the NBA would be like Rockets.
dirkdiggler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:15 PM   #5
Derka
Wicked F*ckin Retahded
 
Derka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 8,918
Default Re: I hope Celtics fans, KG, Pierce, and Rondo can move past Ray Allen leaving now.

I never blamed Ray for leaving. He was a great trade piece and Danny held him out there several times; he's supposed to do that. On the other hand, from Ray's perspective that's got to be insanely frustrating. So he moved on.

As for the players, whatever. When its someone you went to battle with out there, the hostility comes from a different perspective than if you're just some shmoe on ISH blabbing about loyalty and shit.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:20 PM   #6
FreezingTsmoove
The Sheriff
 
FreezingTsmoove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 8,641
Default Re: I hope Celtics fans, KG, Pierce, and Rondo can move past Ray Allen leaving now.

Are you kidding how can you not blame Ray? With the way Wade declined the Heat could have easily been beaten by the Big 4 Celtics
FreezingTsmoove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:21 PM   #7
Smoke117
Banned
 
Smoke117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 18,771
Default Re: I hope Celtics fans, KG, Pierce, and Rondo can move past Ray Allen leaving now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
Are you kidding how can you not blame Ray? With the way Wade declined the Heat could have easily been beaten by the Big 4 Celtics

Was injured you mean. He was playing like a top 10 player in the league before he hurt his knee during their win streak. He played that entire playoffs hurt, obviously.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:26 PM   #8
Wally450
Easy Work
 
Wally450's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 4,856
Default Re: I hope Celtics fans, KG, Pierce, and Rondo can move past Ray Allen leaving now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeFraud James
I don't blame Ray-Ray.

It wasn't in his prime, and he didn't create a spectacle by having his decision nationally televised.

Do you ever not post about LeBron?
Wally450 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:42 PM   #9
LeFraud James
NEEDS MORE HELP
 
LeFraud James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 2,869
Default Re: I hope Celtics fans, KG, Pierce, and Rondo can move past Ray Allen leaving now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally450
Do you ever not post about LeBron?

Oh look, another follower.

I wonder if they sell collars in bulk for all the new fans I've got.
LeFraud James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 06:30 PM   #10
BlackWhiteGreen
NBA lottery pick
 
BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 5,039
Default Re: I hope Celtics fans, KG, Pierce, and Rondo can move past Ray Allen leaving now.

Ray had every right to leave. I also have every right to dislike him for it, rationally or otherwise.
BlackWhiteGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:09 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy