Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-07-2006, 02:27 AM   #1
LALakerFan4Life
16 Time NBA Champions!

LALakerFan4Life has an OK reputation so far
Default Mike and Nike Being Sued By Local Man For Resemblance

Local man sues Jordan, Nike for resemblance
06:01 PM PDT on Thursday, July 6, 2006
By PAT DOORIS for kgw.com

A Northeast Portland man is suing basketball superstar Michael Jordan and Nike founder Phil Knight for a combined $832 million. Allen Heckard filed the suit himself, June 29th in Washington County Court. Heckard says hes been mistaken as Michael Jordan nearly every day over the past 15 years and hes tired of it.

I'm constantly being accused of looking like Michael and it makes it very uncomfortable for me, said Heckard.

Heckard is suing Jordan for defamation and permanent injury and emotional pain and suffering. Hes suing Knight for defamation and permanent injury for promoting Jordan and making him one of the most recognized men in the world.

Heckard stands just over six feet tall. He is not six foot six like the real Michael Jordan. But Heckard says many people seem to miss that. He does share a bit of resemblance to the real Michael Jordan. Heckard has a shaved head, an earring in his left ear, and is in good shape from working out, and yes, playing basketball.

Even when I go to the gym I'm being accused of playing ball like him (Jordan), said Heckard."

Most people would consider that a high compliment.

"Yes...dont get me wrong its definitely a positive thing, because Michael, like I say is one of the best ball players that I've known to play the game. But then again, that's Michael and I'm me. So I want to be recognized as me just like Michael's being recognized as Michael."

Dressed in blue Air Jordan tennis shoes, Heckard might seem to be actually trying to look like Jordan but Heckard doesnt see it that way.

"They're very comfortable shoes to play ball in, said Heckard. I play a lot of basketball and any other shoes I try to play in tend to hurt the bottom of my feet."

I got a right to buy Nike or Adidas or what ever, so I chose the Nike because its a good shoe for me to play ball in, he said.

Heckard agreed that not everyone thinks hes a famous basketball player, but insisted a lot of people do mistake him for Jordan.

"I figure if I'm out in public and around a lot of people at least three or four times out of a crowd ...and like I was at the Blues Festival and you could see people they was pointing at me," he said.

Some might wonder how he decided to sue Knight and Jordan for $416-million each. "Well, you figure with my age and you multiply that times seven and ah, then I turn around and ah I figure that's what it all boils down to."

The question remains is the occasional confusion with an admired celebrity worth $800 million.

Well, said Heckard, You never can put a value on a person's life. You know you're taking my lifestyle away from me. So you know...we'll let the ball bounce like Michael does...where its supposed to fall."

http://www.kgw.com/news-local/storie....314c6e50.html

They don't even look a like.
LALakerFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:30 AM   #2
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

SupermanOnSteroids is starting to rub some people the wrong waySupermanOnSteroids is starting to rub some people the wrong way

wow. imagine if someone looked like shawn bradley.
SupermanOnSteroids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:33 AM   #3
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lordy, thats freaking hilarious. The minds of some people absolutly amaze me. I've been told I play ball and look like a retarded monkey. Hmmm I wonder who I can sue for that?
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:34 AM   #4
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

haha... I tried to read Mike and nike in the same rhyming way of Mike and Mike... it was pretty funny... almost as funny as the guy trying to sue... the judge will say that get rid of your earings and keep some hair and change your facial hair style... simple as that...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:50 AM   #5
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

this guy lost his mind
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:52 AM   #6
Young HkM
Up in the Rafters

Young HkM is popular on this boardYoung HkM is popular on this boardYoung HkM is popular on this boardYoung HkM is popular on this board

Why should he able to sue them just because he looks like MJ? That dude is nuts.
Young HkM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:53 AM   #7
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

HALLandOATES has decent reputation

come on now Jordan don't look that bad
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:56 AM   #8
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

SupermanOnSteroids is starting to rub some people the wrong waySupermanOnSteroids is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALakerFan4Life
Local man sues Jordan, Nike for resemblance
06:01 PM PDT on Thursday, July 6, 2006
By PAT DOORIS for kgw.com

A Northeast Portland man is suing basketball superstar Michael Jordan and Nike founder Phil Knight for a combined $832 million. Allen Heckard filed the suit himself, June 29th in Washington County Court. Heckard says hes been mistaken as Michael Jordan nearly every day over the past 15 years and hes tired of it.

I'm constantly being accused of looking like Michael and it makes it very uncomfortable for me, said Heckard.

Heckard is suing Jordan for defamation and permanent injury and emotional pain and suffering. Hes suing Knight for defamation and permanent injury for promoting Jordan and making him one of the most recognized men in the world.

Heckard stands just over six feet tall. He is not six foot six like the real Michael Jordan. But Heckard says many people seem to miss that. He does share a bit of resemblance to the real Michael Jordan. Heckard has a shaved head, an earring in his left ear, and is in good shape from working out, and yes, playing basketball.

Even when I go to the gym I'm being accused of playing ball like him (Jordan), said Heckard."

Most people would consider that a high compliment.

"Yes...dont get me wrong its definitely a positive thing, because Michael, like I say is one of the best ball players that I've known to play the game. But then again, that's Michael and I'm me. So I want to be recognized as me just like Michael's being recognized as Michael."

Dressed in blue Air Jordan tennis shoes, Heckard might seem to be actually trying to look like Jordan but Heckard doesnt see it that way.

"They're very comfortable shoes to play ball in, said Heckard. I play a lot of basketball and any other shoes I try to play in tend to hurt the bottom of my feet."

I got a right to buy Nike or Adidas or what ever, so I chose the Nike because its a good shoe for me to play ball in, he said.

Heckard agreed that not everyone thinks hes a famous basketball player, but insisted a lot of people do mistake him for Jordan.

"I figure if I'm out in public and around a lot of people at least three or four times out of a crowd ...and like I was at the Blues Festival and you could see people they was pointing at me," he said.

Some might wonder how he decided to sue Knight and Jordan for $416-million each. "Well, you figure with my age and you multiply that times seven and ah, then I turn around and ah I figure that's what it all boils down to."

The question remains is the occasional confusion with an admired celebrity worth $800 million.

Well, said Heckard, You never can put a value on a person's life. You know you're taking my lifestyle away from me. So you know...we'll let the ball bounce like Michael does...where its supposed to fall."

http://www.kgw.com/news-local/storie....314c6e50.html

They don't even look a like.

God bles Emereeka.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:00 AM   #9
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

Only in America, ladies and gentlemen, only in America.

Something strange or annoying happening to you? Sue someone.

You ****ed up but don't want the blame? Sue someone.

Things not running like you want them to? Start a war.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:05 AM   #10
lowblok
High School Varsity 6th Man

lowblok has an OK reputation so far

Mookie Blaylock looks more like Jordan than this guy!
lowblok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:07 AM   #11
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretik32
Only in America, ladies and gentlemen, only in America.

Something strange or annoying happening to you? Sue someone.

You ****ed up but don't want the blame? Sue someone.

Things not running like you want them to? Start a war.

Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:10 AM   #12
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

hell try to sue Jumaine Jones next.

Old 07-07-2006, 03:16 AM   #13
lowblok
High School Varsity 6th Man

lowblok has an OK reputation so far

lowblok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:24 AM   #14
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why hasn't Kelly Leak sued Steve Nash?
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:08 AM   #15
Bosh4life
Local High School Star

Bosh4life has an OK reputation so far

Ahahahahaa, i hope he wins. That would be so funny.
Bosh4life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: