Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-12-2017, 08:01 PM   #31
Doomsday Dallas
2017/18 SB Champs

Default Re: Charlie Zelenoff Brutally punches and stops UFC Heavyweight Fighter

I still can't believe the Floyd Mayweather Sr. incident.

just incredible.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:10 PM   #32
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
Didn't you guys know each other in real life and you supported him? Just curious, how long did it take you to see the red flags in his personality?

I'd never heard of Charlie until I found ISH. I couldn't believe when I googled him yesterday how many hits there are now. When I first learned of him there was very little out there on him, he'd just had his one and only pro-fight, a loss to this guy

(Andrew "kid thunder" Hartley, a one-toothed hillbilly from arkansas--- No, this is not a joke, you can look it up. Yes, I met him too, he's a nice enough fellow)

...and I believe Charlie had just made his way back to insidehoops after a ban. His original name was "baller aka boxer" if I'm not mistaken, before my time. Old heads, correct me where I'm wrong.

Long story short I would show up with my camera to these "fights" Charlie would set up (this was the year of the writer's strike so i clearly had way too much time on my hands) and take pictures and talk to the people there (his people, the opponent's people, people at the gym, whatever) I should have made a documentary, it was a bizarro world sub culture). I played the part of a huge Charlie fan, I had a team Zelenoff hat that I've lost, I made the most ridiculous Andy Kaufman-esque call in to a boxing radio show about Charlie, I wish I had that.

I thought he was clearly a stupid ass hole, figured some of it had to be a joke, and didn't realize how truly mental he is. It became apparent pretty quickly in talking to him, wildly egocentric and delusions of grandeur. He literally sucker punched someone EVERY single time I went to see him fight, which was a handful of times. Basically I played the role like Stalker is doing above, thinking it was funny but not realizing that he was really feeding off of the faux-support and entrenching himself further in his delusions. I tried to offer advice to him but in his mind it was like one of his fans was telling him he didn't have a future in boxing. His mind just won't hear it.

I think this was the first one I went to: Charlie vs. Oleg Kud

Sadly, the photo links are dead, it kind of ruins the magic. I'll dig em up some day for y'all, like when he's killed in the street or jailed for killing some kid he sucker punches in the temple.

It's really not funny you guys, he's sick and needs help. Instead, humiliating internet attention is what he gets.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:31 PM   #33
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
I'd never heard of Charlie until I found ISH. I couldn't believe when I googled him yesterday how many hits there are now. When I first learned of him there was very little out there on him, he'd just had his one and only pro-fight, a loss to this guy

(Andrew "kid thunder" Hartley, a one-toothed hillbilly from arkansas--- No, this is not a joke, you can look it up. Yes, I met him too, he's a nice enough fellow)

...and I believe Charlie had just made his way back to insidehoops after a ban. His original name was "baller aka boxer" if I'm not mistaken, before my time. Old heads, correct me where I'm wrong.

Long story short I would show up with my camera to these "fights" Charlie would set up (this was the year of the writer's strike so i clearly had way too much time on my hands) and take pictures and talk to the people there (his people, the opponent's people, people at the gym, whatever) I should have made a documentary, it was a bizarro world sub culture). I played the part of a huge Charlie fan, I had a team Zelenoff hat that I've lost, I made the most ridiculous Andy Kaufman-esque call in to a boxing radio show about Charlie, I wish I had that.

I thought he was clearly a stupid ass hole, figured some of it had to be a joke, and didn't realize how truly mental he is. It became apparent pretty quickly in talking to him, wildly egocentric and delusions of grandeur. He literally sucker punched someone EVERY single time I went to see him fight, which was a handful of times. Basically I played the role like Stalker is doing above, thinking it was funny but not realizing that he was really feeding off of the faux-support and entrenching himself further in his delusions. I tried to offer advice to him but in his mind it was like one of his fans was telling him he didn't have a future in boxing. His mind just won't hear it.

I think this was the first one I went to: Charlie vs. Oleg Kud

Sadly, the photo links are dead, it kind of ruins the magic. I'll dig em up some day for y'all, like when he's killed in the street or jailed for killing some kid he sucker punches in the temple.

It's really not funny you guys, he's sick and needs help. Instead, humiliating internet attention is what he gets.

I literally knew guys like Charlie and they do end up dead. One person I knew had the same persona. Calling people out to fight. Had no filter. He was at bar and asked someone for a smoke. Lipped him off and got shanked by the guy he asked a smoke from who was hammered.

I agree, it's all fun a jokes. It's entertaining to egg it on and laugh at his expense. But this guy needs some help or intervention.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 11:49 PM   #34
iamgine

One time I asked in one of his threads, "when are you gonna fight Manny Pacquiao?"

He replied, "nah I'm not on that level yet."

So humble and not delusional.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 11:52 PM   #35
stalkerforlife
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
One time I asked in one of his threads, "when are you gonna fight Manny Pacquiao?"

He replied, "nah I'm not on that level yet."

So humble and not delusional.

He could easily squash Manny these days, but I do like the humility he showed you years ago.
stalkerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 12:19 AM   #36
KiiiiNG
Undefeated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar Friendly
Charlie Z sucker punched 60 year old Floyd Mayweather Sr?

I know he doesn't post here anymore but I thought someone would have a madecent a topic about it already. Or maybe they did and I didn't see it?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BY0D2i_qKNU

That's a hilarious preview of the Conor/Floyd fight. Old man Mayweather out-classing the younger, hungrier, talkative opponent

Golden
KiiiiNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 02:17 PM   #37
Stringer Bell
Local High School Star

Charlie is the real life, boxing version of Rupert Pupkin.

He'll probably end up in prison too.
Stringer Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 02:39 PM   #38
ArbitraryWater
... on a leash

I cant believe he still walks this earth freely doing this

one of the more unique things/stories to happen on planet earth
ArbitraryWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 11:45 PM   #39
Stringer Bell
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
I cant believe he still walks this earth freely doing this

one of the more unique things/stories to happen on planet earth

Yeah...he's crazy and also lucky he isn't dead or in prison. He ought to be in a mental hospital. Seems like his father enables him. Surely his "friends" do, or at least his cameraman.

I never paid him much attention at first, despite being a boxing fan. I just heard of him and figured he was a troll. I knew he was certainly off in the head after seeing the videos with Floyd Sr. and Wilder, but a couple days ago I watched more of his videos.

Dude is mental, but I lose sympathy for him since he's always sucker punching random people. He seems to at least have enough in his head to know how to sucker people in by pretending that it's "light sparring". That's more just scummy, sociopathic behavior rather than being insane.

All that other shit, talking about being Jesus Christ the Cyborg, his disturbing celebrity obsessions, the judge telling him to take his meds....I would be worried to be around this guy. Seems like the type of lunatic to go on a rampage shooting.
Old 08-05-2017, 04:00 PM   #40
sd3035
Impartial NBA analyst

Even though he ends up bitchng out in most of his fights, he has a lot of balls at the start

he's about 150 an he races in throwing haymakers at a heavyweight world champion lol
sd3035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 04:01 PM   #41
sd3035
Impartial NBA analyst

Justin, would you fight Charlie Z?
sd3035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:04 PM   #42
Stringer Bell
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd3035
Even though he ends up bitchng out in most of his fights, he has a lot of balls at the start

he's about 150 an he races in throwing haymakers at a heavyweight world champion lol

Him and his "timeouts"

"Timeout and I'll **** you up!"
Old 08-13-2017, 11:12 PM   #43
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd3035

Balls? No that's stupidity
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:21 AM   #44
Pointguard
3-time NBA All-Star

He got his share of beat downs. This 16 year old beat him up in the ring and then beat him up bad outside the ring. I'm sure its not the first time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoJz...e#t=622.097879
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:34 AM   #45
oh the horror
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
He got his share of beat downs. This 16 year old beat him up in the ring and then beat him up bad outside the ring. I'm sure its not the first time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoJz...e#t=622.097879

Same old Charlie. Comes out aggressive, feels a little contact when someone doesn't back down and throws a punch at him and suddenly he's calling timeouts.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: