Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old Today, 12:37 PM   #1
hateraid
Is it in you?

Default Did you ever notice casual fans reference individuals when referring to team sports?

My buddy who's a casual fan always tries to get in on sports conversations using this frame of mind. He has no actual context. Just statements like this:

Brady beat Manning.
MJ went through Magic, Barkley, Karl Malone, Drexler, and Payton.

It irks me when people don't understand or use context in team sports. Team sports isn't a 1v1 contest like tennis or golf. I often see this being used in the basketball forum. Learn your sports people!
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:43 PM   #2
riseagainst
LeGOAT

Default Re: Did you ever notice casual fans reference individuals when referring to team sports?

I hear that sh1t all the time on ESPN and these so called "sports experts", not just from your neighborhood casual fans.
riseagainst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:58 PM   #3
hateraid
Is it in you?

Default Re: Did you ever notice casual fans reference individuals when referring to team sports?

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseagainst
I hear that sh1t all the time on ESPN and these so called "sports experts", not just from your neighborhood casual fans.

I guess they got to dumb it down for their regular followers.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:39 PM   #4
ScalsFan21
Atkinson Fam Head

So true. There are some players whose legacies look much better when context is stripped from the equation, hence their fans follow suit. Sounds much better to say Jordan beat "Showtime" than the reality of the '91 Finals, etc.
ScalsFan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: