Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-15-2017, 11:56 AM   #151
dunksby
NBA Superstar

Default Re: 2017-18 ISH World Soccer Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold this L
I have been keeping up. The issue for Bayern is pace and creativity up front, which is lacking since it relies on LW with Ribs being too old/James being too slow and RW, an incredibly injury prone player that's 32 years old. This is still a glaring issue, and Bayern lost Costa which pace, dribbling and creativity. Overall Bayern got better, but it annoys me that they didn't sort this out.

They should have went for someone like Draxler if Sanchez didn't pan out, instead they went with James.
Costa was not part of the plans, that's why they let him go, we got Tolisso dude.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 11:57 AM   #152
alenleomessi
L

stop lyin nickyoung.. we know your pals dont let you play outfield since you will be out of breath after 20 seconds..

so you are more of a fat joe hart than riquelme im afraid

alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 11:59 AM   #153
alenleomessi
L

bayern had a horrific preseason.. got dismantled by everyone except for chelski..

they still depend heavily on robben.. you would have thought they would replace him by now but nah..

should have bought sane when they could
Old 08-15-2017, 12:37 PM   #154
dankok8
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater

Crazy how times changed, huh? It looked like Barca would be the winningest team of this era, and look now. It looked like Messi would have 3-4 more Ballon's than Ronaldo, and he will be surpassed next year

Oh how sweet and justified it is.

Good on your honesty Now Rafa will win the USO

Even if Ronaldo were to win three more Ballons, it doesn't make him better than Messi. That ship has sailed unless Ronaldo invents a time machine goes back to being 25 and plays 25% better than he did. In his prime, Messi was simply the better player.
dankok8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 01:12 PM   #155
hold this L
Curry 2 > 1 LeBronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
Costa was not part of the plans, that's why they let him go, we got Tolisso dude.
The two don't have to do anything with each other \_(ツ)_/

Tolisso is a CM that has replaced the fossil known as Alonso. Costa is a winger that had pace, dribbling, and had creativity to the team. I think all signings overall are good, but Bayern really should have gotten a top class winger. There's still time mind you, they've done some nice last second deals at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
bayern had a horrific preseason.. got dismantled by everyone except for chelski..

they still depend heavily on robben.. you would have thought they would replace him by now but nah..

should have bought sane when they could
It's called preseason because it doesn't matter. Bayern won their German supercup to their rivals while Barcelona lost 3-1 at home in the 1st leg despite Ronaldo getting red carded and getting a bogus penalty. On top of that, you lost one of the best players in the world. I'm not sure what you're point is, but you shouldn't be comparing.

I agree the reliance on Robben is disheartening though, esp since the other side is so lacking.
hold this L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 01:31 PM   #156
ArbitraryWater
... on a leash

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankok8
Even if Ronaldo were to win three more Ballons, it doesn't make him better than Messi. That ship has sailed unless Ronaldo invents a time machine goes back to being 25 and plays 25% better than he did. In his prime, Messi was simply the better player.

2013 is probably the biggest proof of ronnie being better ever. Madrid wins zero trophies yet Ronaldo still gets the Ballon because it was that obvious.
ArbitraryWater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 02:52 PM   #157
dunksby
NBA Superstar

Quote:
The two don't have to do anything with each other \_(ツ)_/

Tolisso is a CM that has replaced the fossil known as Alonso. Costa is a winger that had pace, dribbling, and had creativity to the team. I think all signings overall are good, but Bayern really should have gotten a top class winger. There's still time mind you, they've done some nice last second deals at times.

I'd rather have Coman over Costa, you are blowing things out of proportion.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:22 PM   #158
dankok8
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
2013 is probably the biggest proof of ronnie being better ever. Madrid wins zero trophies yet Ronaldo still gets the Ballon because it was that obvious.

No... 2013 is proof of voter fatigue. Messi had just won it four times in a row and they didn't want to give him a fifth straight. Getting injured early in the 2013-2014 season didn't help either but Messi was easily the best player in the world that year. That was the year he scored against every single team in La Liga.
dankok8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 06:39 PM   #159
ArbitraryWater
... on a leash

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankok8
No... 2013 is proof of voter fatigue. Messi had just won it four times in a row and they didn't want to give him a fifth straight. Getting injured early in the 2013-2014 season didn't help either but Messi was easily the best player in the world that year. That was the year he scored against every single team in La Liga.

Ronaldo scored against every single team the year before lol.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:43 PM   #160
Hawker
Repeal FATCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
Man, please don't troll in this thread, you have the whole rest of the OTC for that. You used to be ok here, keep it that way. Anyway, back to your question, I play in a league here in Indonesia, but the level is rather low. Everyone wants to be Messi and Ronaldo and people don't really understand roles and positions. It is quite frustrating sometimes, but then again it's just for fun so no big deal. I always played RW back in Spain, but there's nobody left-footed on the team so I'm playing LW nowadays.

He's having a bit of fun dude. Calm your tits.

I started picking it back up again four weeks ago. Played some pick up. My right foot was never strong and now it's terrible. Left foot is still gangbusters. Juggling is still strong as well.

My leg strength has increased which was fantastic when I first kicked the ball.

Unfortunately sitting for work isn't good for the hips so working on that.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 12:50 AM   #161
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
He's having a bit of fun dude. Calm your tits.

I started picking it back up again four weeks ago. Played some pick up. My right foot was never strong and now it's terrible. Left foot is still gangbusters. Juggling is still strong as well.

My leg strength has increased which was fantastic when I first kicked the ball.

Unfortunately sitting for work isn't good for the hips so working on that.
My tits are calm enough, mind you. It was that Viera mixed with Riquelme bit that got me. I just don't want him to go full troll mode in here like he's done in the past (and like he does in every other OTC thread) because he's actually a good contributor normally.
Anyway, we have a match this Sunday but I'm flying back home Monday early morning so I'll probably skip it. I'll post some pics of our matches in the future.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 02:37 PM   #162
hold this L
Curry 2 > 1 LeBronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
I'd rather have Coman over Costa, you are blowing things out of proportion.
Coman might turn to be a stud, but he is more of a Robben replacement rather than Ribery. Still hope to see more of him this upcoming season, I expected much more last year out of him. Mueller and Coman have not played well under Carlo unfortunately.

As for overreacting, you may be right. Also, there is still time. I still wish for a proper fast paced winger to join the team.
hold this L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 03:32 PM   #163
alenleomessi
L

id rather have insigne than coutinho or dembele
Old 08-16-2017, 04:04 PM   #164
dunksby
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Coman might turn to be a stud, but he is more of a Robben replacement rather than Ribery. Still hope to see more of him this upcoming season, I expected much more last year out of him. Mueller and Coman have not played well under Carlo unfortunately.

As for overreacting, you may be right. Also, there is still time. I still wish for a proper fast paced winger to join the team.
Ancelotti is a proven winner, he will deliver, I believe in him.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:06 PM   #165
ArbitraryWater
... on a leash

Asensio is a fcking GOD
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: