Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-26-2017, 02:43 PM   #601
alenleomessi
L

Default Re: 2017-18 ISH World Soccer Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold this L
I can see why people put Mbappe at top 5, but I still think he's a bit away from that. I don't even think it's a certainty he's been as good as Cavani this year, let alone Neymar for example. When you talk about top 5, it gets into super worldly tier of accomplishments for said player. Him taking Monaco to the semis last year was amazing but it went vs a very dysfunctional BVB.

The fact that he just turned 19 and people are discussing whether he's top 5 or top 10 already shows what a freak he is. I'm going to die a bit on the inside when Madrid or Barcelona buy him.
he also destroyed city and did more damage to juve's defense than the whole MSN

he has more accomplishments than KDB or kane.. they have zero titles and he already placed higher on the balon dor than they have ever had

messi is the only one that is for sure better right now.. probably neymar as well although sometimes when i watch psg im like f*ck man this kid might be even better than neymar
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 01:12 PM   #602
alenleomessi
L

Van Dijk is a Liverpool player on January 1st.. He is eligible to play CL.. They are getting Keita in the summer.. they still need couple more players and a GK and the EPL might not be a one horse race for years to come..

Van Dijk is a legit CB, top 5 on his day but 84mil is just absurd.. We paid like 20 for Umtiti just last year.. Football has gone mad
Old 12-27-2017, 01:29 PM   #603
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y

75m POUNDS for a center back? What the ****?

hold this L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 02:58 PM   #604
dankok8
Local High School Star

Tough tough day for City...

Jesus out 1-2 months and De Bruyne also hurt. How much remains to be seen. This could really derail their chances in the Champions League.
dankok8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 04:35 PM   #605
MJistheGOAT
Kwisatz Haderach

You canīt judge PSG players until champions league, French league is a joke, PSG is 5 tiers above the rest. Same with Bayern players.

I think Neymar is still better than Mbappe, but that can change after CL and WC.

About KdB and Sterling, Pep system is overrating a bit both, specially Raheem.

I agree, Messi is the clear cut #1 and CR7 has been terribly overrated last 2 years.

Top 5?
Messi
Neymar
KdB
Mbappe
Kane
MJistheGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 10:10 AM   #606
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJistheGOAT
You canīt judge PSG players until champions league, French league is a joke, PSG is 5 tiers above the rest. Same with Bayern players.

I think Neymar is still better than Mbappe, but that can change after CL and WC.

I agree, Messi is the clear cut #1 and CR7 has been terribly overrated last 2 years.

Top 5?
Messi
Neymar
KdB
Mbappe
Kane

If you're gonna put in Neymar and Mbappe then you got to consider someone like Lewandowski who has been better than both this year.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 11:36 AM   #607
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJistheGOAT

Top 5?
Messi
Neymar
KdB
Mbappe
Kane
Ronaldo's started like shit this year, but he had a better CL run than Messi has ever come close to last year and pretty much willed his team to a CL trophy. Won a Euro Cup as well.
Old 01-01-2018, 01:28 PM   #608
alenleomessi
L

Quote:
Ronaldo's started like shit this year, but he had a better CL run than Messi has ever come close to last year and pretty much willed his team to a CL trophy. Won a Euro Cup as well.
eurocup in which he was overshadowed by a striker playing in russia (eder) and the worst player on the worst team in the league (renato sanches)
LOL

euros were 1.5 year ago anyway.. we are talking about now.. CR has been poop.. one of the worst forms from a big name player in europe right now
Old 01-01-2018, 03:11 PM   #609
dankok8
Local High School Star

I totally agree that Ronaldo has been overrated the past two years. A Euro Cup is a team accomplishment and it's telling that "the best player in the world" and the best on the team that won the cup didn't even get the Golden Ball. Portugal won but he didn't have a great tournament. His only two good games were against Hungary and Wales and both of those teams suck and didn't even qualify for the WC in June. Against Croatia, Poland, and France he was a no-show...

But still you're doing him injustice if you have him any lower than #3. You still can't take anyone other than Messi and Neymar over him. De Bruyne has had a great half season but we gotta see more before we elevate him that high. Kane and Lewa are a bit one-dimensional and probably not even as good as CR at scoring the ball. Mbappe is good but too young and unproven.
Old 01-01-2018, 03:32 PM   #610
ArbitraryWater
... on a leash

Quote:

pretty much this
ArbitraryWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 04:30 PM   #611
dankok8
Local High School Star

Quote:

Overreacting much?!? Messi definitely came close LOL... The refs willed Real past Bayern too. Red cards against Bayern in both legs and two offside goals by Ronaldo allowed. Admittedly that penalty that Bayern got was iffy but way more calls went in Real's favor (Bayern players were called for a few non-offsides too...) and completely swung that tie. The red cards themselves weren't really undeserved but Casemiro should have gotten one before Vidal.

Anyways Messi had a monster run in 2011 when he crushed Arsenal, Real (with peak/prime Cristiano) and then Man U in the knockout rounds. I will admit that CR's 2017 run is the second greatest run between the two of them after 2011 Messi. I give credit where it's due. It's not Ronaldo's fault about the refs. He played his ass off and then brought it against Atleti and Juve too. But still the way it was officiated does leave a sour taste in my mouth.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:30 AM   #612
plowking
Verticle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankok8
Overreacting much?!? Messi definitely came close LOL... The refs willed Real past Bayern too. Red cards against Bayern in both legs and two offside goals by Ronaldo allowed. Admittedly that penalty that Bayern got was iffy but way more calls went in Real's favor (Bayern players were called for a few non-offsides too...) and completely swung that tie. The red cards themselves weren't really undeserved but Casemiro should have gotten one before Vidal.

Anyways Messi had a monster run in 2011 when he crushed Arsenal, Real (with peak/prime Cristiano) and then Man U in the knockout rounds. I will admit that CR's 2017 run is the second greatest run between the two of them after 2011 Messi. I give credit where it's due. It's not Ronaldo's fault about the refs. He played his ass off and then brought it against Atleti and Juve too. But still the way it was officiated does leave a sour taste in my mouth.

A Barca fan complaining about refs.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 07:25 AM   #613
ArbitraryWater
... on a leash

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
A Barca fan complaining about refs.

and pointing to 2011 as cleaner run

Did he forget about Van Persie getting sent off for "kicking a ball after the whistle" at a time where Barcelona was out of the tie? Pepe getting red-carded for the Dani Alves dive of the century when the tie was level?
ArbitraryWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 11:21 AM   #614
alenleomessi
L

Barcelona 2018-2019

-------------------Ter Stegen-------------------
Semedo------Pique------Umtiti------------Alba
------------------Busquets--------------------
-----------Thiago---------Coutinho-----------
Dembele---------Messi---------Griezmann

Bench: Cillessen, Yerry Mina, Sergi Roberto, Paulinho, Arthur, Iniesta, Suarez.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:40 AM   #615
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y

Is Griezzman for sure joining Barca? I really wish Atletico's complaint would ban those tapping twats. He's my most wanted signing after signing Goretzka for free now. The last piece we need.

and Thiago? Delusional as ****

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: