Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-12-2017, 10:52 AM   #76
KCO
I usually hit open layups

Default Re: 2017-18 ISH World Soccer Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Will be shocked if the ref isn't demoted to the lower divisions from the Chelsea-Burnley game. Hasn't made a single correct call. Cost us 3 points.

The EPL has the most inconsistent refs. Don't understand the way he is giving out cards to Chelsea, not even a warning. Giving out yellows and a red like it's nothing smh.

And why are we starting Batshuayi for god sake. Morata should have started!!!
KCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 11:14 AM   #77
dunksby
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Will be shocked if the ref isn't demoted to the lower divisions from the Chelsea-Burnley game. Hasn't made a single correct call. Cost us 3 points.
Your team is getting wrecked, just own up to it.
dunksby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 11:21 AM   #78
dunksby
NBA Superstar

Chelsea not stopping the game so that their own player could be seen to
Old 08-12-2017, 11:29 AM   #79
plowking
Verticle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
Your team is getting wrecked, just own up to it.

Easy to when you have to play the ref as well.

Obvious the league wants its two cash cows to do well this season after the horrid performance they put in last season.

Morata got scissor tackled from behind by Mee, far worse than anything Cahill did, and a yellow... lol.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 11:42 AM   #80
plowking
Verticle?

This is possibly on par with the rigging at Barca lol...
Old 08-12-2017, 11:54 AM   #81
dunksby
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Easy to when you have to play the ref as well.

Obvious the league wants its two cash cows to do well this season after the horrid performance they put in last season.

Morata got scissor tackled from behind by Mee, far worse than anything Cahill did, and a yellow... lol.
Dude got the ball, no way it was anything more than a yellow, Moratta should have been yellowed for the same play too, dude was screaming at the ref for a card to be shown to an opponent.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:55 AM   #82
KCO

One of the worst ref jobs I have ever seen. Good fight from Chelsea!! Morata should start, Batshuayi was non-existent.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:56 AM   #83
plowking
Verticle?

Quote:
Dude got the ball, no way it was anything more than a yellow, Moratta should have been yellowed for the same play too, dude was screaming at the ref for a card to be shown to an opponent.

So Fabregas got all ball, and yet got a red.

Chelsea not given 2 clear penalties.

Gonna be hard to beat the FA as well this season. They knew we were shorthanded coming into the season, and he gives Cesc a yellow because the ref got his feelings hurt.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:01 PM   #84
dunksby
NBA Superstar

Quote:
So Fabregas got all ball, and yet got a red.

Chelsea not given 2 clear penalties.

Gonna be hard to beat the FA as well this season. They knew we were shorthanded coming into the season, and he gives Cesc a yellow because the ref got his feelings hurt.
Whenever Chelsea loses, it's the refs, FA and UEFA too, what was last season about then? An epic quest of Chelsea against the universe? You are a Chelsea fan though, so I guess you stay true to your character.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:04 PM   #85
plowking
Verticle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCO
One of the worst ref jobs I have ever seen. Good fight from Chelsea!! Morata should start, Batshuayi was non-existent.

Morata was amazing. Dudes runs and hold up is phenomenal.

Yeah, I don't know how you give Cahill a red, but then the sub for Burnley comes on, and first tackle he does is a knee high studs tackle... He hit his knee, with studs... No red? Honestly.

And that free kick after the Luiz goal? lol... What in the world is he seeing? Suprised he didn't give a penalty even though all of the action was outside the box.

And is there any way, and I'm talking any, in which they came up with 4 minutes added time? I was counting their keeper, and on two occasions alone took a minute each just to kick the ball out. Add in two goals in the second half, a red card, Rudiger being injured in the box, Cesc talking to the referee after being sent off... United would have got 8...
Old 08-12-2017, 12:05 PM   #86
plowking
Verticle?

Quote:
Whenever Chelsea loses, it's the refs, FA and UEFA too, what was last season about then? An epic quest of Chelsea against the universe? You are a Chelsea fan though, so I guess you stay true to your character.

Last season was us winning a title unexpectedly with what was probably the 5th best team on paper.

I don't know how you can watch that as a neutral and come away with the feeling that one side wasn't screwed around by the refs. He gave Alonso a yellow in the 2nd minute... His first foul. How?
Old 08-12-2017, 12:10 PM   #87
KCO

I feel you plowking. Add to the fact the terrible offside on Moratas second goal.

As mentioned I an very proud with the heart we played with in the second half, especially after Morata came in. Impressed with both Rudiger and Christensen as well, haven't watched much of both them on their former teams but both played very well despite being down.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:14 PM   #88
plowking
Verticle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCO
I feel you plowking. Add to the fact the terrible offside on Moratas second goal.

As mentioned I an very proud with the heart we played with in the second half, especially after Morata came in. Impressed with both Rudiger and Christensen as well, haven't watched much of both them on their former teams but both played very well despite being down.

Christensen is better than Cahill. Should be starting.

Rudiger had a poor first half. Second half, all of his passes were spot on.

Was it incorrect offside? Looked like the right call to me. I thought we could have had two pens as well, but... not given who was in charge today.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:19 PM   #89
KCO

Quote:
Christensen is better than Cahill. Should be starting.

Rudiger had a poor first half. Second half, all of his passes were spot on.

Was it incorrect offside? Looked like the right call to me. I thought we could have had two pens as well, but... not given who was in charge today.

Personally I would have Cahill on the bench, I like the back 3 of Rudiger, Luiz and Christensen.

Didn't look like a clear offside to me. I'm sure many refs would have allowed that to be a goal but it is what it is.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:22 PM   #90
plowking
Verticle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCO
Personally I would have Cahill on the bench, I like the back 3 of Rudiger, Luiz and Christensen.

Didn't look like a clear offside to me. I'm sure many refs would have allowed that to be a goal but it is what it is.

Went back and had a look. The player lunging at Christensen definitely could be looked at as playing Morata on. His foot is probably in line with Morata.

Next week should be good. Tottenham with only 1 central midfielder.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: