Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 06-02-2007, 02:27 PM   #1
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here
Default All right guys, let's face it...

We all know this is who we want to see in a Bobcats uniform next year.

Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 04:56 PM   #2
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation
Default Re: All right guys, let's face it...

You are kidding, aren't you?
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 05:08 PM   #3
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

I am being extremely sarcastic.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:12 PM   #4
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation
Question Re: All right guys, let's face it...

I'm sure that some will say that since Noah is a 'powered' power forward and we could use him in order to allow Okafor to play C that maybe we shouldn't dismiss Noah as being frivolous and maybe give him a chance. But is this guy really serious or is he just another potential Dennis Rodman?
Old 06-02-2007, 06:18 PM   #5
ILuvThisGame
My Swag is Phenomenal

ILuvThisGame has an OK reputation so far

I think Noah has some good qualities.... he has tremendous heart, which why alot of people don't like him because he plays with so much emotion (so much that he doesn't care to look like a fool when he yells screams and pumps his fists) but his offense is very limited, most of his points came from offensive boards and his knuckleball jumper is one of the ugliest the sport has ever seen. But from a defensive stand point and basketball IQ standpoint he is very good.

I think with him, what you see is what you get. He's going to bang and get boards and maybe get 2 blocks a game. but I don't believe his rookie year stats will be much better then his career best stats. maybe
rookie: 8, 8.5, 1.5 <--- if he were to play 30+ minutes
prime: 13, 11, 2.5

He's going to be a solid role player. But many teams lack a solid role playing big man. especially in the east. I don't necessarily want him but getting him isn't the worst thing that could happen. I would rather get him and know at best he's going to get a double double then draft Yi and have him turn into half the other overseas players that weren't $hit.
ILuvThisGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 06:20 PM   #6
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here

**** then would have 2 guys on our team that look like girls
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 08:52 PM   #7
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat4Ever
**** then would have 2 guys on our team that look like girls

As long as they're outstanding contributors to the team they can look like Frankenstein and we (the fans) would adjust. Morrison would continue to be Stache and Noah could be curlylocks or wildman or something like that.
IMO the team should be looking for a starter PF of major stature taken from available veterans as well as a strong PF bench player. Okafor has to be available to play C and neither May (because of injuries) nor Hollins (who should be in the D league) can be reliable back-ups at the PF position.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:50 PM   #8
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
As long as they're outstanding contributors to the team they can look like Frankenstein and we (the fans) would adjust. Morrison would continue to be Stache and Noah could be curlylocks or wildman or something like that.
IMO the team should be looking for a starter PF of major stature taken from available veterans as well as a strong PF bench player. Okafor has to be available to play C and neither May (because of injuries) nor Hollins (who should be in the D league) can be reliable back-ups at the PF position.

Lol I know. I was just having some fun
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:14 AM   #9
sammdogg
Local High School Star

sammdogg has decent reputation

we should pick up Nick Young from USC. most underrated player in the draft.
sammdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 06:47 PM   #10
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

Ive had a change of heart, and im for bringing Noah in. Noah will play his heart out, and is what we need as far as an interior player. The only reason im for Noah is because I have a sinking feeling that were going to sign Rashard Lewis.

Felton,Wallace,Lewis,Noah,Okafor.

We will have the defensive capability on the interior to shut teams down, and I think alot of people are down on Noah just because he doesnt rack up in the stats dept. The guy hustles, and brings intanglibles to the game that no other player in the draft can bring. Id more than welcome him in, but I also wouldnt mind Brewer, Young, Green and a bunch of other players. Chad Ford has us picking Noah in the latest Mock Draft.

The skinny: The Bobcats likely will go after free agent Rashard Lewis to handle their scoring woes. They also need to improve their rebounding, which is where Noah comes in. Bernie Bickerstaff and Michael Jordan will be fans of his energy and the intensity he brings to the game.

If they Bobcats put him with Emeka Okafor, Sean May and Primoz Brezec, they would have a number of different looks they could give opponents on their frontline.

Besides, Noah projects as one of the most marketable guys in the draft and the Bobcats are still searching for players like that
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:15 PM   #11
obonpaxis
Decent playground baller

obonpaxis has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpooty
The skinny: The Bobcats likely will go after free agent Rashard Lewis to handle their scoring woes.

obonpaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:31 PM   #12
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Well that's fine and dandy if we "go after" Lewis, but what if we don't get him? Then we're screwed. Because I doubt VC will come, we don't need Chauncey Billups, Jermaine O'Neal is too thuggish for a young team. Who are the other big FA's?
Old 06-04-2007, 10:37 PM   #13
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputation

Here's a list of free agents.

http://www.insidehoops.com/free-agent-rankings.shtml
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:14 PM   #14
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

We dont need a big time free agent signing to make the playoffs next year. Sure, it would be fantastic to bring Lewis or VC in, but we dont need to.

Our line-up after drafting Noah would look like this.

Felton,Carroll,Wallace,Noah,Okafor
Felton,Wallace,Hermann,Noah,Okafor

Either way you slice it, thats a solid 5, but I still think were gonna sign Noah.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:26 AM   #15
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

You're right. That is solid. Whatever lineup we use that has Okafor at center would be solid.

How small are the chances that Brandan Wright falls to #8?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: