Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 06-05-2007, 10:57 AM   #16
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation
Default Re: All right guys, let's face it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpooty
We dont need a big time free agent signing to make the playoffs next year. Sure, it would be fantastic to bring Lewis or VC in, but we dont need to.

Our line-up after drafting Noah would look like this.

Felton,Carroll,Wallace,Noah,Okafor
Felton,Wallace,Hermann,Noah,Okafor

Either way you slice it, thats a solid 5, but I still think were gonna sign Noah.

If Noah is more ready for the NBA than Morrison was in his rookie year then the Cats may have a hell of a line-up with either of the above scenarios. Is Noah solid enough to start for the team?
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:48 PM   #17
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Yeah but only if we don't get anyone better. Not saying he's not good, but by himself, he's not starter material right now.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 01:45 PM   #18
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Yeah but only if we don't get anyone better. Not saying he's not good, but by himself, he's not starter material right now.

So basically the team would be getting another stache....
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 01:57 PM   #19
Yossarian
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Yossarian has an OK reputation so far

The more I think about it Noah isn't bad for this team at all. If Okafor can stay healthy he and Noah would combine to create a soild interior D. He also fits the style of our players, good effort not flashy (except Gerald). Mediocre-case scenario (worst case is a complete stiff, which i doubt cause he works too hard) Noah could be a taller Ben Wallace/Rodman which isn't a bad thing especially with the 8th pick. Best case he could potenially be the next Zo. Remember Noah was being touted as the No. 1 pick by some people (no citations to back it up just hazy memories) after Florida's first title run. I think i have officially talked myself on to the Joakim Noah bandwagon.
Yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:12 PM   #20
Felton in '08
Kids at the park dunk on me

Felton in '08 has an OK reputation so far

However we slice it from a draft or free agent perspective, our starting 5 is going to be able to compete with anyone. Has anyone thought about what's left? The 2nd 5 could be something like:
BK
Carroll
Fabio
May
Primoz

I'm not sure you could put a worse set of defenders on the floor together. I fear a lot of blown leads next season. I hope I'm wrong. Maybe MJ can use the 22nd pick on a defensive minded 2 guard.
Felton in '08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:05 PM   #21
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Looking at it that way, that is a very good 2nd string. Although the 4/5 positions are injury prone and inconsistent....maybe they'll improve?
Old 06-05-2007, 05:37 PM   #22
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

In Chad Fords latest mock draft he has atlanta taking Wright with the 3rd pick and then with the 11th pick which I believe they also have they will look into the PG situation. Personally I think that would be idiotic of Atlanta. I know taking Conley would be a reach with the 3rd pick, but the same was said taking Felton with the 5th pick a few years ago. Atlanta cant continue to have Tyronn Lue, Speedy Claxton or whomever they have running the point alongside Joe Johnson, but their GM is an idiot so who knows.

Im actually a big supporter of trading up in the draft from our 8 spot to get Wright. Atlanta holds the cards to everything right now. If they skip Conley then Minnesota might take him leaving us with potentially Brewer. If Atlanta takes Conley assuming no one takes Brewer before hand Minnesota will nab him, and Wright might drop. Its amazing how a team with the 3rd pick in the draft can dictate what happens afterward.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:05 PM   #23
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

True. Atlanta would be extremely stupid to draft another big man. They drafted Marvin Williams and Shelden Williams the past two years, they're stacked. Them taking Conely is sensible, but are they willing to take the risk of trading down and hoping either Conely or Brewer will be there?
Old 06-05-2007, 10:41 PM   #24
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

A dream scenario for ATL would be to trade down from the 3rd pick to say the 5th or 6th and trade up from the 11th to the 7th or 8th. Then they would be able to select Conley who would be their starting PG and perhaps a Spencer Hawes who would fill a huge hole at center.

Conley, Johnson, Smith, Williams, Hawes.

I dont enjoy talking about the Hawks on this board, but their in our division, and they have a bunch of athletic studs on their team. If they ever got their **** together they would be insane to watch.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:37 AM   #25
Felton in '08

Saw this on ESPN Rumor Mill this morning...I don't put a lot of stock in it (maybe that's because I disagree with it), but its a good conversation piece if nothing else.

Since were all family here, itís best I share yet another tidbit learned while working the phones. One of the hot rumors floating around is that the Charlotte Bobcats might be interested in snagging another point guard from this yearís draft class (sources say the Bobcats love Ray Felton but fear he isnít the distributor they need if theyíre going to take the next step). That would seriously change the landscape for the Hawks at No. 11 if they choose to go big with their first pick and gamble on the point guard they want being available at No. 11. (Atlanta Constitution)
Old 06-06-2007, 04:09 PM   #26
Yossarian

I just don't believe PG to be the Cats biggest need. They either need a pure scorer (Al Thorton, who is getting closer to that 8th spot than he was before) or another big.

Ray just needs to work on his shot constantly. Whenever i might lose faith in Ray i think of that game he had against the Cavs his rookie year where he put the team on his back and took the thing to one or two ot's before LeBron hit the game winner. I don't know why he doesn't take over the game more often but that was always my complaint with him in college. His court vision is great I just think in the end he will be a better pro than any PG coming out of this draft.

Why waste the 8th pick on a guy who might be no better than a backup, I would rather have a guy we can use than trade bait down the line. (but yes I am biased to felton too, obviously)
Old 06-08-2007, 09:28 AM   #27
Felton in '08

From today's Observer:
The Bobcats auditioned four draft candidates Thursday: Vanderbilt's Derrick Byars, Xavier's Justin Cage, Kansas State's Cartier Martin and Winthrop's Torrell Martin.

Saturday, the Bobcats will bring in five more prospects, including Florida star Joakim Noah. Vincent anticipates working out about 28 prospects before the June 28 draft.

Also, I listened to Higgins on WFNZ this morning. He spent a good chunk of time talking about the need for a backup PG. He also spent a lot of time not answering questions, but that's what he is supposed to be doing at this stage. He spoke highly of Acie Law which is interesting since I read that he will not workout for us.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:07 AM   #28
Yossarian

Thats fine if they want to go after a back up PG at 22, but they can't be looking at another PG at 8 right.

Although the guys on the Page would have you believe that the team is enamored with Conely, which I still see as crazy, number one they need help down low; number two they need a scorer who can create his own shot, the rest is not even close, i cant believe PG is even in the conversation.

Nevertheless if ATL doesn't get Conely somehow, i would be beyond speechless.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:33 AM   #29
Felton in '08

No arguments out of me, particularly on the Hawks. They need to take Conley even if #3 is high for him.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:52 PM   #30
Yossarian

This is my attempt to get the "Al Thornton at 8" grassroots movement started

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irnnHLhsG34

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBBBw...elated&search=
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: