Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 06-03-2007, 12:36 AM   #31
Wiiner
Kids at the park dunk on me

Wiiner has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Who expects Flip Saunders to be gone after this season?

Joe D is one of the most respected men in the league. He will not be fired for good reason. Joe D is going to do a mass facelift for D-town and will gear them up to beat any team in the east.

Flip on the other hand. Have fun coaching gophers Cya!
Wiiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:37 AM   #32
Wiiner
Kids at the park dunk on me

Wiiner has an OK reputation so far

And what the hell was he thinking with Nazr in the first? W t f
Wiiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:37 AM   #33
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

yes cause Flip Saunders scored 9 points and dished 1 assist in an elimination game.

because Flip Saunders scored 25 points in a row for the other team.

because Flip Saunders shot 0-8, 1-11, and 1-10 in three Conference Finals games.

Flip Saunders has never been a good fit for this team but don't blame this loss on him. he should be fired but not because of this series.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:38 AM   #34
Soundwave
College superstar

Soundwave is a pretty well-respected posterSoundwave is a pretty well-respected posterSoundwave is a pretty well-respected posterSoundwave is a pretty well-respected poster

Joe D. is a very respected guy and brought a title to Detroit, but I can't help but think he maybe cost the Pistons 1-2 additional championships with his Darko over Melo blunder.
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:38 AM   #35
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

Nazr Mohamd getting playing time just about sealed Flip being gone next season. But putting in Flip and Lidsey to start the fourth takes the cake.

He gone, look for JVG as the new coach of the Pistons.

You heard it here first.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:39 AM   #36
Soundwave
College superstar

Soundwave is a pretty well-respected posterSoundwave is a pretty well-respected posterSoundwave is a pretty well-respected posterSoundwave is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: What do you do if you're detroit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
Try to move up in the draft. Rebuild around Amir Johnson, Maxiell, Rip, Tayshaun and find a new point guard.

You realize now though how brutal that Darko > Melo draft pick was though when you now look at the Pistons future.
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:40 AM   #37
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Nazr Mohamd getting playing time just about sealed Flip being gone next season. But putting in Flip and Lidsey to start the fourth takes the cake.

You heard it here first.

I have never been impressed with Flip... he just bugs and chokes in pressure situations.

As for JVG, thats just replacing one loser with another who cant get to the finals dance.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:49 AM   #38
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by r32soul
They don't take advantage of Rip's midrange game, I mean, why can't they run screens for Rip like they did for Reggie Miller with the Pacers?

They used to do that. When Brown was coaching. Now that Flips here their offense has changed...for the worse. Like i've been saying, he's a loser. He has Rip on the 3 line or posting up. Not utilizing him correctly.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 01:05 AM   #39
Tank
I airball my layups

Tank has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle

You heard it here first.

Yeah! Then send Flip to Rockets to team with T-Mac. That would be the bomb!!!
With T-Mac's curse and Flip's jinx, Yao will have to bring in his feng shui experts every time he plays to counter Flip and T-Mac's negative jin. Hehe..
Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 01:09 AM   #40
Tank
I airball my layups

Tank has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
They used to do that. When Brown was coaching. Now that Flips here their offense has changed...for the worse. Like i've been saying, he's a loser. He has Rip on the 3 line or posting up. Not utilizing him correctly.

I totally agree. Haven't seen much of Rip's midrange jump shots in this series.
Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 01:28 AM   #41
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank
I totally agree. Haven't seen much of Rip's midrange jump shots in this series.

Rip's midrange game is crucial to Flip's offense. Don't jump to conclusions.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 01:33 AM   #42
KempSonics
Local High School Star

KempSonics has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: End of the Pistons Run

If they decide to blow it up(I hope not), I'd just like to say that it's been a pleasure watching them over the years. It's been a great run and I think they should have more than 1 title.
KempSonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 01:38 AM   #43
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

I don't think the players ever respected Flip. Seemed to me like they were too cocky and arrogant after making to the Finals back-to-back. In the end, that was their undoing. It's good to be a little bit arrogant, but they seem to lack that killer instinct that shows they deserve to be arrogant.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 01:38 AM   #44
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: End of the Pistons Run

Well, it looks like "opening up the offensive reigns" doesn't equal championships, right Flip Saunders? lol.. You know the funny thing is, people have been talking about the changes and how offense now wins championships but what is actually the last offensive team to actually win a championship? I'd really like to know that.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 01:40 AM   #45
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

After thinking about it a little while, I wouldn't be surprised if there is massive roster turnover and a possible rebuild this summer. Joe D in the past was very aggressive in shaking things up, but after the championship he's tried to hold the guys together to make title runs.

Ojectively, it doesn't look like this core group will be making any more title runs, their ship has definitely been moving in the wrong direction the last few years. Joe will go to work now and try to get the team moving back towards a championship instead of away from one.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: