Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-25-2017, 08:56 AM   #61
Pointguard
3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Trump Arizona state speech

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
I didn't understand what you meant until this post, I thought you were talking about Far East Asians as in Mexicans look more like North Koreans than Spaniards for example (Penelope Cruz or Antonio Banderas look more Mexican than Kim Yung Un or Jackie Chan).

Yeah, there are three main races, Caucasoid, Mongoloid and Negroid. The majority of Mexicans are a result of the Mongoloid and Caucasoid admixture, along with most Latin American countries.

Here's a genetic map of Mexico based on DNA studies...

Like Hawker was saying, in my case, I have Spanish ancestry on both my parents side of the family so I'm in the more Euro group of Mexicans but I do not consider myself white. That would be denying my Native American ancestry and I'm a fukking Aztec warrior, ese.
Can you explain this to me?

Mexicans in NY, Atlanta, and Chicago rarely even date outside of their ethnic mix. They have a very homogeneous look. But according to that map, they mix with whites more than themselves in Mexico. Are they being raped? The White gene might be recessive but this is remarkable if true. These were a people that didn't mix for the better part of a 1,000 years and came from the Indonesian part of the world who they look exactly alike. But to get to those numbers they must almost exclusively marry Whites for the last four generations when in Mexico. Without their white traits having almost any manifestation. What do you say accounts for this?

Last edited by Pointguard : 08-25-2017 at 09:00 AM.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 07:05 PM   #62
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

Mexicans look nothing like Indonesians though, I could tell you have never been to Mexico, we don't have a homogeneous look. Mexico has a very large territory and more than 120 million and people look different according to what region they are from. You again are judging us by the Hollywood stereotype as if all Mexicans look like that. Bro, the Euro gene has been in Mexico for over 500 years, and immigration from mostly Spain has been constant through the years with spikes during the Franco regime and in recent years with the bad Spanish economy and job market.

Just take a sample look at the Mexican and Indonesian soccer teams and you'll see we look nothing like Indonesians and we don't have a homogeneous look.

Compare them to the Indonesian team

Now compare Mexican beauty contestants to Indonesian ones

Indonesia (not a lot of material online, not shocking, they are Muslims).

We look nothing like Indonesian people.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 07:54 PM   #63
qrich
King Heno

Outside of the keeper, #7 and #30 on the Indonesian team, Mexican would be one my first guesses for the rest.

Even then, I've seem Mexicans that look like #30.

Thought #20 was Michael Pena @ first glance too.

Shit, the guy on the top left looks like nearly every drunk Mexican Uncle from friends
qrich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 08:06 PM   #64
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Outside of the keeper, #7 and #30 on the Indonesian team, Mexican would be one my first guesses for the rest.

Even then, I've seem Mexicans that look like #30.

Thought #20 was Michael Pena @ first glance too.

Shit, the guy on the top left looks like nearly every drunk Mexican Uncle from friends
Y'all seriously need to get out of your country more often

Could there be some Mexicans that could resemble Indonesians? Sure but that is nowhere near the majority, you guys are trippin'
Old 08-25-2017, 08:13 PM   #65
dude77
NBA rookie of the year

what .. a lot of mexicans look like those indonesians
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 08:19 PM   #66
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
Y'all seriously need to get out of your country more often

Could there be some Mexicans that could resemble Indonesians? Sure but that is nowhere near the majority, you guys are trippin'

Where'd I say anything about majority?

Simply based off that pic, I wouldn't be surprised if those players (sans the ones I mentioned) said they were Mexican.

I've been to plenty of spots in Mexico too, from the tourist ones (Rocky Point, Cabo, Enseneda, Hermosillo) and tiny spots like Coborca, Cananea + all the AZ border towns (Nogy, Sonoyta, the one by Douglas).

Granted, their just in two states but still
qrich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 09:03 PM   #67
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
what .. a lot of mexicans look like those indonesians
Yet none of the actual Mexican players look like they could be Indonesians, lol

You guys are confusing brown people, we also don't look like Iranians, lol