Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-23-2017, 12:59 PM   #16
nathanjizzle
Trumptard Persecutor

Default Re: What are your thoughts on Self-Driving vehicles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
Like eating?

Did I ever say we shouldn't have autonomous driving machines? I must have missed that, but maybe I did.

so why make a rebuttal against it? some will spend their lives doing nothing, just like they do today. some will spend their time doing great things thats just going to better society. Instead of revolving your life around career and work, you revolve it around what you want to do or accomplish in life. for many people that is to invent, create, be charitable, help in the community, mentor, teach, learn....the list goes on.
nathanjizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 12:59 PM   #17
AirBonner
Banned

They are not good for right now. We got an entire class of poor ass people driving broken jalopies all over the roads. Who is going to buy them this expensive driver-less car? I believe this only works if everyone's car has this capability.
AirBonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 01:00 PM   #18
nathanjizzle
Trumptard Persecutor

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorfan
you guys are cucks

people can't even drive their own cars anymore?

they will be begging for automation to fuck their wives soon enough

you mean one of these?
nathanjizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 01:08 PM   #19
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
so why make a rebuttal against it? some will spend their lives doing nothing, just like they do today. some will spend their time doing great things thats just going to better society. Instead of revolving your life around career and work, you revolve it around what you want to do or accomplish in life. for many people that is to invent, create, be charitable, help in the community, mentor, teach, learn....the list goes on.

What rebuttal did I make?

Im so confused.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 01:34 PM   #20
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Quote:
How else do you think they spot traffickers?

Busted tail light, cracked windshield, expired tags, not using a turn signal...

All excuses to pull you over.

randomly stopping cars for minor offenses might catch some low/mid level dealers and lots of users, and every now and then they might get a big bust from something like a broken tail light... but I sincerely doubt that most big time traffickers are dumb enough to risk moving their valuable cargo in a vehicle with a busted tail light or expired tags.

i would guess the majority of traffickers are busted via a combination of confidential informants and electronic surveillance... pulling over random cars is not exactly efficient
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 01:41 PM   #21
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
randomly stopping cars for minor offenses might catch some low/mid level dealers and lots of users, and every now and then they might get a big bust from something like a broken tail light... but I sincerely doubt that most big time traffickers are dumb enough to risk moving their valuable cargo in a vehicle with a busted tail light or expired tags.

i would guess the majority of traffickers are busted via a combination of confidential informants and electronic surveillance... pulling over random cars is not exactly efficient

No, no....I'm not talking about cargo loads. Those move by trucks, or rail cars.

I'm talking about the type of guys I used to buy pills from. He told me twice a month he made the trip from Louisville to Detroit to pick up more pills. People like him get caught because of some minor offense.

Quote:
http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/f...510-story.html

A 24-year-old woman was arrested and charged with various drug offenses after police said a routine traffic stop revealed she was in possession of various drugs.

Anne Arundel police said officers pulled over Robin Tanequa Edwards, of the 100 block of Hammerlee Road, in the area of 4th Street and Highland Avenue in Brooklyn Park for failing to stop at a stop sign on Monday.

Police said officers found 28 gelatin capsules of suspected heroin, 13 baggies of suspected crack cocaine and four baggies of suspected marijuana.

Quote:
BRISTOL, TN (WJHL) – Bristol Tennessee Police Department officers arrested a man on multiple charges Friday, following a traffic stop in the 6500 block of Highway 394.

When officers stopped the vehicle, they made contact with Robert Wassom, 39, of Bristol, Tenn., and discovered that his driver’s license was suspended.

During the arrest, officers found that Wassom had several grams of methamphetamine, drug paraphernalia and a powdery substance believed to be heroin in his possession.

Digital scales and $200 in cash were also found. Officers also seized Wassom’s vehicle.

You would think that if you were carrying a ton of drugs on you, you'd follow the laws, but you'd be wrong. People don't. Thats how a lot of small time dealers are caught... because they get so used to driving with drugs in their vehicle, that it becomes natural enough to not care about traffic laws.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 01:48 PM   #22
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Quote:
No, no....I'm not talking about cargo loads. Those move by trucks, or rail cars.

I'm talking about the type of guys I used to buy pills from. He told me twice a month he made the trip from Louisville to Detroit to pick up more pills. People like him get caught because of some minor offense.

Yeah the small time guys definitely get caught up in traffic stops.

Anyway, a self driving vehicles headlights will still burn out, the registration will still expire, the windshield will still crack... so this type of dubious traffic stops turned fishing expedition should still be possible in a self driving future
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 01:53 PM   #23
warriorfan
The Bully

A friend that I grew up with that became a cop told me the number 1 way they pull people over when they don't have a real reason is for sudden lane change

You are supposed to wait 5 full seconds after you start your signal before you make your lane change, no one ever does it

Think about it, you turn on your signal. Click, one thousand and one, one thousand and two, one thousand and three, one thousand and four, one thousand and five, THEN switch, that is how it is supposed to be done. When was the last time you did that?
warriorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 01:56 PM   #24
warriorfan
The Bully

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
you mean one of these?

Nah that's too much for these guys, they want full automation
warriorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 06:06 PM   #25
HylianNightmare
The Magic are a trash

Seems terrifying, but man if I added up all the time I spent driving a year is prob be able to do many more things
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 08:56 PM   #26
poido123
Down with GLOBALISM

The one time it malfunctions....
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 09:00 PM   #27
JohnnySic
green is good

I wouldn't trust a self driving car. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 09:12 PM   #28
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

I would never let a computer drive for me. I don't have that much faith in technology.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 09:40 PM   #29
Godzuki
NBA Superstar

oh forgot that they just invented some new tech that wont allow u to start your car if u have alcohol in your system they're supposed to put into new vehicles. self driving cars makes that kind of pointless i think. altho i wouldn't doubt those assholes to put that shit in self driving cars pretending like the driver needs to still be aware
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 11:43 PM   #30
highwhey
I DREW THE D1CKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
I would never let a computer drive for me. I don't have that much faith in technology.
statistically speaking, self driving cars will be safer. the one i'm in almost everyday has driven great. hell, the adaptive cruise control makes practically impossible to hot the car in front of you. during training, we operated these in a closed road track and there was an area with a blind curve(huge container in the middle of the curve). we had someone go agead of us and abs brake around the blind curve, we'd be behind them driving 40mph and the car never came close to rear ending the car in front of us. same for cars randomly cutting us off.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: