Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-24-2017, 12:44 AM   #31
falc39
Local High School Star

Default Re: What are your thoughts on Self-Driving vehicles?

On Monday I drove back home from the eclipse viewing and it took longer than 12 hours. If I had an autonomous car, I could have been doing something more productive or at least lessen the stress of the driving (it was a nightmare). Imagine how valuable it would be to some people and how it could improve the quality of life for many. Sure, there is always risk with emerging technology but the rewards would be many times more in this case. It's a no-brainer to me that we need to develop this technology.
falc39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 12:54 AM   #32
Hawker
Repeal FATCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
so why make a rebuttal against it? some will spend their lives doing nothing, just like they do today. some will spend their time doing great things thats just going to better society. Instead of revolving your life around career and work, you revolve it around what you want to do or accomplish in life. for many people that is to invent, create, be charitable, help in the community, mentor, teach, learn....the list goes on.

People do that now without the autonomous industry. You can do all those things right now. Those that don't do it will also not do it with the fixed income.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 08:44 AM   #33
nathanjizzle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
People do that now without the autonomous industry. You can do all those things right now. Those that don't do it will also not do it with the fixed income.

but it will be done at a greater level because of a persons time and free will to do it. most people today are bound to their jobs and what their jobs dictate for them.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 08:48 AM   #34
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by falc39
On Monday I drove back home from the eclipse viewing and it took longer than 12 hours. If I had an autonomous car, I could have been doing something more productive or at least lessen the stress of the driving (it was a nightmare). Imagine how valuable it would be to some people and how it could improve the quality of life for many. Sure, there is always risk with emerging technology but the rewards would be many times more in this case. It's a no-brainer to me that we need to develop this technology.

Took me 11 hours to get from Hopkinsville to Indianapolis. (248 miles)

The issue was... so many **** heads crashed into each other on 65.... it was insane.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: