Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-24-2017, 11:10 AM   #1
UK2K
NBA Legend

Default Madden 18

Who is getting it?

Looks smooth. Wish they would have made some improvements to Franchise mode, and wish they'd stop trying to shove this 'be and NFL player' story line down our throats (like 2k has over the years, which is still the most boring and ridiculously stupid game mode there is).

But other than that, with the new Frostbite movement engine, the game looks sharp.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 04:30 PM   #2
christian1923
#teamWestbrookKobeNYK

Default Re: Madden 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
Who is getting it?

Looks smooth. Wish they would have made some improvements to Franchise mode, and wish they'd stop trying to shove this 'be and NFL player' story line down our throats (like 2k has over the years, which is still the most boring and ridiculously stupid game mode there is).

But other than that, with the new Frostbite movement engine, the game looks sharp.
You might be to old for the times but you're way off. 2k's MyPlayer and MyPark mode is thriving cause of young people. Most people I know don't even play the regular game anymore. The past 3 years everyone is playing myplayer mode so that they can get their player good enough to compete in MyPark with there friends.
christian1923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 04:34 PM   #3
nathanjizzle
Trumptard Persecutor

i dont really play video games.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 04:36 PM   #4
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian1923
You might be to old for the times but you're way off. 2k's MyPlayer and MyPark mode is thriving cause of young people. Most people I know don't even play the regular game anymore. The past 3 years everyone is playing myplayer mode so that they can get their player good enough to compete in MyPark with there friends.

Wrong...

People make a MyPlayer and then buy the VC to upgrade them. That's why you see so many MyPlayer's on the courts with no badges.

But more than that, its just, the 'storyline' isn't dynamic... it doesn't change. It's the same stupid story no matter what position you choose or what name you choose or what decisions you make. You want an extra 400 VC? Do this endorsement deal (which is nothing but you 'simming' going to a signing, just to watch your guy walk out the door, turn around, and walk back in) which wastes 45 seconds of your life watching loading screens.

I love the IDEA of MyPlayer, and this new career mode on Madden, but I know exactly how it plays out every, single, time.

But when your only competition is NBA Live, you don't have to do shit from one installment to the next.

I wish MyPlayer was more than that, but it isn't. Its not fun to average 45/15/15 as a rookie no matter what position I choose. Its too easy. Its repetitive. Its boring. "What kinda shoes you gonna put on your myplayer?" Who gives a ****? How about fixing the same glitchy animations that have been around since 2k11.
Old 08-24-2017, 04:42 PM   #5
qrich
King Heno

Was tempted to pick up the GOAT Edition yesterday, but decided against it. Haven't bought a Madden since 08 (got 16 for free tho!) and wasn't a fan.

About the MyPlayer, agreed on the repetitiveness. The Journey on FIFA is pretty awesome though, just wish they would've made one major change but meh.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 04:47 PM   #6
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Was tempted to pick up the GOAT Edition yesterday, but decided against it. Haven't bought a Madden since 08 (got 16 for free tho!) and wasn't a fan.

About the MyPlayer, agreed on the repetitiveness. The Journey on FIFA is pretty awesome though, just wish they would've made one major change but meh.

I think Madden 17 is free on EA access.

I know battlefield 1 is.

I do love FIFA as well.
Old 08-24-2017, 04:47 PM   #7
Smoke117
NBA Legend

**** Madden.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 04:58 PM   #8
christian1923
#teamWestbrookKobeNYK

Quote:
Wrong...

People make a MyPlayer and then buy the VC to upgrade them. That's why you see so many MyPlayer's on the courts with no badges.

But more than that, its just, the 'storyline' isn't dynamic... it doesn't change. It's the same stupid story no matter what position you choose or what name you choose or what decisions you make. You want an extra 400 VC? Do this endorsement deal (which is nothing but you 'simming' going to a signing, just to watch your guy walk out the door, turn around, and walk back in) which wastes 45 seconds of your life watching loading screens.

I love the IDEA of MyPlayer, and this new career mode on Madden, but I know exactly how it plays out every, single, time.

But when your only competition is NBA Live, you don't have to do shit from one installment to the next.

I wish MyPlayer was more than that, but it isn't. Its not fun to average 45/15/15 as a rookie no matter what position I choose. Its too easy. Its repetitive. Its boring. "What kinda shoes you gonna put on your myplayer?" Who gives a ****? How about fixing the same glitchy animations that have been around since 2k11.
getting the badges is a huge part of it. People are playing it my guy. Madden is the game that is dying. Been the same shit for 20 years. As soon as 2k drops everyone forgets about the $60 they dropped on madden a month before.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:07 PM   #9
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
I think Madden 17 is free on EA access.

I know battlefield 1 is.

I do love FIFA as well.

Meh, don't care enough about Madden to try 17, though, I might just buy 18 since I can end up getting it for like $25 + getting a $10 gift card back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian1923
getting the badges is a huge part of it. People are playing it my guy. Madden is the game that is dying. Been the same shit for 20 years. As soon as 2k drops everyone forgets about the $60 they dropped on madden a month before.

2k is dying just as well. I know more people playing FIFA than I do 2k & Madden combined and I'd say, 3/4 of those dudes don't even watch soccer.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 05:22 PM   #10
christian1923
#teamWestbrookKobeNYK

Quote:
Meh, don't care enough about Madden to try 17, though, I might just buy 18 since I can end up getting it for like $25 + getting a $10 gift card back.

2k is dying just as well. I know more people playing FIFA than I do 2k & Madden combined and I'd say, 3/4 of those dudes don't even watch soccer.
2k is dying? What?
basketball is at an all time high, the game is great, has no competition, the 2k franchise is huge in pop culture, and it's the best selling sports game out.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:38 PM   #11
tpols
we already won

Is online any good?

i don't have the attention span for single player
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 06:14 PM   #12
Smoke117
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
Is online any good?

i don't have the attention span for single player

You don't have the attention span for basketball either judging by your posts.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 07:22 PM   #13
tpols
we already won

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117

predictable you are taking that bait m8
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 07:58 PM   #14
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117

Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 08:06 PM   #15
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:

I've played 400+ pro club matches on Fifa 17 and I don't have the least bit of interest in the real players except to watch highlights that get shared on social media. I play Fifa way more than I play 2k.

2k online plays slower than I play head to head on the same console. Slow enough it's annoying. When my buddy and I do the franchise mode, we turn the game speed up to 65.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: