Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-25-2017, 05:08 AM   #16
Overdrive
National High School Star

Default Re: Madden 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
Wrong...

People make a MyPlayer and then buy the VC to upgrade them. That's why you see so many MyPlayer's on the courts with no badges.

But more than that, its just, the 'storyline' isn't dynamic... it doesn't change. It's the same stupid story no matter what position you choose or what name you choose or what decisions you make. You want an extra 400 VC? Do this endorsement deal (which is nothing but you 'simming' going to a signing, just to watch your guy walk out the door, turn around, and walk back in) which wastes 45 seconds of your life watching loading screens.

I love the IDEA of MyPlayer, and this new career mode on Madden, but I know exactly how it plays out every, single, time.

But when your only competition is NBA Live, you don't have to do shit from one installment to the next.

I wish MyPlayer was more than that, but it isn't. Its not fun to average 45/15/15 as a rookie no matter what position I choose. Its too easy. Its repetitive. Its boring. "What kinda shoes you gonna put on your myplayer?" Who gives a ****? How about fixing the same glitchy animations that have been around since 2k11.

I feel the same. It's the best mode the game has to offer, but it's so faulty. No matter what you become a superstar.

Imo you should randomly be asigned a role/cap you don't know if beforehand.

So you start a player the moment you confirm his name his fate is decided, but you don't know it.

You play through the first season and you're still on the bench. You have to figure out your role. Maybe you really become a super rookie - a 18-3-3 guy not prime MJ, but the way it is it's boring. There's no learning curve, there's no hitting your prime. It's instant gratification. You don't have to adapt or do anything. Just invest some time and you're better than Jordan by the 30th career game.
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: