Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-25-2017, 05:33 PM   #1
dude77
NBA rookie of the year

Default our GOAT POTUS to END DACA per nbcnews

the left right now ..

gettin' the feeling it's an a/b test though, we'll see

Last edited by dude77 : 08-25-2017 at 05:37 PM.
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 05:39 PM   #2
Doomsday Dallas
2017/18 SB Champs

Default Re: our GOAT POTUS to END DACA per nbcnews

Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 06:01 PM   #3
STATUTORY
Bear Chested Da Brawn

dream's over?
STATUTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 06:05 PM   #4
SupermanOnSteroids
National High School Star

well its a well known fact that illegal children under the age of 16 are rapists and criminals.
SupermanOnSteroids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 06:07 PM   #5
SunsN07BookIt
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanOnSteroids
well its a well known fact that illegal children under the age of 16 are rapists and criminals.

Illegal is illegal. If ppl don't like it then make it legal BEFORE they come here. Problem solved.
SunsN07BookIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 06:25 PM   #6
iamgine

Not only end it, he should use the information obtained from DACA to deport these illegals.

Thanks Obama.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 07:54 PM   #7
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

Nice

Deport a bunch of kids who had no choice in their parent's decision to come over here illegaly and stop these kids from being professionals and helping their only home their ever knew. Really smart

Just as this orange prick is destroying Obama's legacy out of pure spite, so will the next Democratic president will destroy Trump's garbage legacy for the betterment of the homeland. Karma is a beotch...
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 07:57 PM   #8
Draz
The People's Choice

I'm a case manager and a few of my clients are DACA. These kids don't deserve that. Their parents made the decision not them. Definitely collateral, something they shouldn't face. I think there are other ways to go around this but as a nation, you are either against it or not.

Whatever your stance is, what needs to be recognized is collateral damage that will be done. I have countless friends under DACA. Not to mention most of them just obtain normal, $15 and under jobs. Insecurity that regular Americans have over that is beyond me. They have a head start, not to mention covered under financial aid to achieve far greater jobs.

Who are we really saving? The underachieving Americans?
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 08:04 PM   #9
qrich
King Heno

Good. Allowing anyone who has no lawful status the opportunity to pay the in-state fees as opposed to out-of-state was ridiculous.

If the program continues, that needs to be fixed.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 12:41 AM   #10
Hawker
Repeal FATCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
I'm a case manager and a few of my clients are DACA. These kids don't deserve that. Their parents made the decision not them. Definitely collateral, something they shouldn't face. I think there are other ways to go around this but as a nation, you are either against it or not.

Whatever your stance is, what needs to be recognized is collateral damage that will be done. I have countless friends under DACA. Not to mention most of them just obtain normal, $15 and under jobs. Insecurity that regular Americans have over that is beyond me. They have a head start, not to mention covered under financial aid to achieve far greater jobs.

It's about drawing a hard line on immigration to fix future problems and to insure our welfare is not taken advantage of.

And why do you get to prioritize the lives of illegals over Americans? Who says they are underachieving? Aren't they all hard working and that's who the democrats are supposedly working for? The little guy? Those jobs can be done by americans getting their lives back together, just got out of jail or trying to save some scratch on the side from their normal job. Or for young teens trying to attain skills and learn a bit of responsibility.

I get the emotional argument but it's not the rest of America's problem to take care of kids whose parents made bad decisions. It's also disrespectful to immigrants who came here legally. Why should they get a shortcut? Blame politicians of years past for not taking care of this issue.

I can compromise and just not issue any new permits.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 12:44 AM   #11
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz

I have a sympathy for the kids that I don't have for the parents. But that being said...

The problem is that if you let people stay, that just encourages more people to do it. It just keeps the problem going.

Also, ignoring the law just isn't an option. This isn't like a cop looking the other way when someone jaywalks or goes 5 over the speed limit. If you want to let minor illegals stay, then you have to pass that law. You can't operate on what you think the law SHOULD be.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: