Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-31-2017, 01:56 AM   #16
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Default Re: Fantasy Team Grades and Advice

i think forte would be nice on the packers. montgomery has performed admirably but it kinda seems like it would be best for everyone if they had a true RB playing that position. also the packers might end up needing montgomery to play WR anyway if cobb continues to to decline.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 11:10 AM   #17
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
Bilal Powell is terrible...seriously

Even if they trade Forte, and he gets all the touches, he is barely playable

He's just so slow, reminds me of Trent Richardson when I watch him

I'd bet anything he won't be the Jet's starting RB come week 8

From week 8 until the end of the season last year (including playoffs), he was the #8 back in PPR leagues.

Powell is a steal in drafts this season.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 11:12 AM   #18
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mex-Laker
Has anyone played in a 2 QB (1 QB + QB Flex) league?

I just joined one, $100 dlls entrance, but I've never played in one before, anyone has any advice on how to draft here?

Your first two picks should probably be QBs. If not, your first pick needs to be a QB (with your second being an elite RB or WR) and your third or fourth pick needs to be a QB.

Point is, all starting QBs should be off the board relatively quickly.
Old 08-31-2017, 11:56 AM   #19
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K

From week 8 until the end of the season last year (including playoffs), he was the #8 back in PPR leagues.

Powell is a steal in drafts this season.
Avy bet that he isn't top-24 (an RB2) this year?
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 12:42 PM   #20
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:

Its entirely possible he gets injured. Its entirely possible Tom Brady goes down week 1.

I was just more referencing your statement that he's terrible... On the field, maybe. In fantasy, however, (well, in PPR leagues anyway), he was an elite player over the entire second half of the season.

I had a dude try to bet me $100 that Cooks would outscore Dez this season. I then suggested that each player must play at least 13 games, and I'd agree to it, he backed out.

Injuries are just part of football. Everyone gets injured at one point or another.

But Powell, when healthy, can absolutely be an elite option in PPR formats. ESPECIALLY given his ADP. I just know that, although he hasn't missed a ton of games, it always seems like he has nagging injuries.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:26 PM   #21
FUTØN
Good High School Starter

One of my draft strategies this year was avoiding "just a guy" RBs whose ADP is based off 1 good year (or even just part of a good year). Last year I felt like those types ended up huge disappointments - guys like Jeremy Hill, CJ Anderson, Thomas Rawls, even Todd Gurley.

Obviously Powell didn't take a huge investment, but guys like Melvin Gordon, Jay Ajayi, Jordan Howard just made me nervous that high in the draft. Interested to see how smart or dumb I look for this at the end of the season.
FUTØN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 01:45 PM   #22
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUTØN
One of my draft strategies this year was avoiding "just a guy" RBs whose ADP is based off 1 good year (or even just part of a good year). Last year I felt like those types ended up huge disappointments - guys like Jeremy Hill, CJ Anderson, Thomas Rawls, even Todd Gurley.

Obviously Powell didn't take a huge investment, but guys like Melvin Gordon, Jay Ajayi, Jordan Howard just made me nervous that high in the draft. Interested to see how smart or dumb I look for this at the end of the season.

Ajayi has bad knees, and its only a matter of time before he can't walk anymore.

I had Gordon last year and he was highly dependent on TDs, which can be fluky from season to season. McCoy is getting too old, and their team is dysfunctional. Freeman lost his OC who was the most important piece of that Falcons team last year.

The higher end RBs I targeted a lot were:

Howard - One of the best O-lines, and plenty of opportunity.
Crowell - See above.
CJ Anderson - See above. I know, he was kinda ass last season, but they made huge improvements to the O-line and the receivers are enough to keep the defense honest.

Also like Dalvin Cook, although I tend to stay away from rookies because for every Zeke, there's a turd who takes a long time to adjust to the NFL.

Receivers were everywhere though.
Old 09-03-2017, 05:31 PM   #23
jazz873
National High School Star

Quote:
Full point ppr?
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 07:20 PM   #24
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
Its entirely possible he gets injured. Its entirely possible Tom Brady goes down week 1.

I was just more referencing your statement that he's terrible... On the field, maybe. In fantasy, however, (well, in PPR leagues anyway), he was an elite player over the entire second half of the season.

I had a dude try to bet me $100 that Cooks would outscore Dez this season. I then suggested that each player must play at least 13 games, and I'd agree to it, he backed out.

Injuries are just part of football. Everyone gets injured at one point or another.

But Powell, when healthy, can absolutely be an elite option in PPR formats. ESPECIALLY given his ADP. I just know that, although he hasn't missed a ton of games, it always seems like he has nagging injuries.

That's a whole lot of words, but nowhere does it answer if you're taking prime's bet We a small group of posters in the football forum. Get called out for some claim in an avy bet, it's time to step up or step out. This ain't the otc
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 07:41 PM   #25
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Pick 1 (PPR)

Golden state vs ARI
Jarvis Landry vs TB
Stefon Diggs vs NO
Pierre Garçon vs CAR
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 07:53 PM   #26
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

i would go diggs.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 03:53 AM   #27
1987_Lakers
5-time NBA All-Star

10 team league

QB - D. Carr
RB - D. Johnson
RB - L. Fournette
WR - T.Y. Hilton
WR - T. Pryor
RB/WR - I. Crowell
TE - J. Doyle
D/S - Panthers
K - C. Santos
BN
WR - A. Robinson
RB - M. Inrgram
WR - J. Crowder
RB - L. Blount
WR - D. Adams
QB - C. Wentz

Trying to shop Blount for a #1 WR, some of the teams in my league are thin at RB, hopefully they become aware of it, become suckers, see how Blount had 18 TDs last season and they give in and deliver me a top notch WR, lol.
1987_Lakers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 03:56 AM   #28
1987_Lakers
5-time NBA All-Star

Random thought, but I never understood why teams draft 2 QBs if they already have Rodgers, Brady, or Brees. If you have either of these 3 QBs don't draft another one, ride with them all season.
1987_Lakers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 02:31 PM   #29
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
That's a whole lot of words, but nowhere does it answer if you're taking prime's bet We a small group of posters in the football forum. Get called out for some claim in an avy bet, it's time to step up or step out. This ain't the otc

No, because...

Quote:
Old 09-06-2017, 02:34 PM   #30
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
Random thought, but I never understood why teams draft 2 QBs if they already have Rodgers, Brady, or Brees. If you have either of these 3 QBs don't draft another one, ride with them all season.

Injuries, byes, games against Seattle or Denver. I drafted Brady and Carr in one league and then flipped Carr for a few skill players to a guy who had Eli as his starter.

But outside of those two teams, if I draft a stud player, they're playing every week no matter what.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: