Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-12-2017, 08:03 PM   #16
bizil
College superstar

Default Re: Who was better in their Prime, Kobe or A.I?

As great as AI, Zeke, Tiny, or Curry are, I don't see a case for ANY OF THEM over the guys like Kobe, MJ, Bird, Magic, and Bron. It basically comes down to the size factor. Kobe was a great scorer AND great all around player in one package. And he could play or defend PG, SG, and SF. He can do many of the things AI could but at 6'6 and over 200 pounds.

AI is better than MANY HOF perimeter players that are much bigger than him. BUT when it gets to the MVP level ones who are great scorers and great all around players in one, AI just can't top those guys. Only dominant interior bigs like Shaq, Kareem, Wilt, Duncan, and Hakeem are as valuable historically as guys like MJ-Bron-Bird-Magic-Kobe.

Last edited by bizil : 09-12-2017 at 08:43 PM.
bizil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:55 AM   #17
Jay-B
Learning to shoot layups

By far Kobe and that is not saying that A.I. wasn't a beast himself. But prime Kobe had surreal athletic ability to hit 8 3's, dunk on your 7 foot center and hit the game winner all in the same game. There were times when you never seen Jordan do things Kobe did.

Who remembers Kobe vs Portland in the last game of the season in 04'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79y_YCkHhso

or what about past-prime 34 year old Kobe vs Toronto in 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRuTYNAum70

Kobe is the ONLY player since M.J. to play at M.J.'s level ....
Jay-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:23 AM   #18
DidUSaySomethin
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizil
As great as AI, Zeke, Tiny, or Curry are, I don't see a case for ANY OF THEM over the guys like Kobe, MJ, Bird, Magic, and Bron. It basically comes down to the size factor. Kobe was a great scorer AND great all around player in one package. And he could play or defend PG, SG, and SF. He can do many of the things AI could but at 6'6 and over 200 pounds.

AI is better than MANY HOF perimeter players that are much bigger than him. BUT when it gets to the MVP level ones who are great scorers and great all around players in one, AI just can't top those guys. Only dominant interior bigs like Shaq, Kareem, Wilt, Duncan, and Hakeem are as valuable historically as guys like MJ-Bron-Bird-Magic-Kobe.

shaq, kareem, wilt, duncan are more valuable than all those perimeter players
DidUSaySomethin is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: