Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-12-2017, 08:50 AM   #16
Lord P
Made that high school varsity squad

Default Re: Better point guard: Harden or westbrook?

Harden has Ariza, Anderson, and Gordon to space he floor. Lou Williams is the most deadly 6th man in the league.

The only other competent player on the OKC roster was Steven Adams. Westbrook was basically the sole focus of other teams, and he still managed to keep his team in the game, until he went to take a rest of course.

Harden on OKC would be a shit show
Lord P is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:06 AM   #17
hold this L
Curry 2 > 1 LeBronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord P
Harden has Ariza, Anderson, and Gordon to space he floor. Lou Williams is the most deadly 6th man in the league.

The only other competent player on the OKC roster was Steven Adams. Westbrook was basically the sole focus of other teams, and he still managed to keep his team in the game, until he went to take a rest of course.

Harden on OKC would be a shit show
Harden at OKC would actually make everyone better. And spare everyone with poor WB, dude has been on a stacked fcking team his entire career. He literally had 1 year with a poor roster, and he got PG for this upcoming season. Poor guy. If WB was not an egotistical all about me dumbass, he would have focused on defense last year since he had an elite defensive team. They would have been the 3rd best defensive team in the league had he done so, but trip dubs and MVP glory is more important than winning. Something his low iq has still been unable to properly process.
hold this L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:17 AM   #18
Dray n Klay
Banned

Both Harden and Westbrook are better than Curry
Dray n Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 10:00 AM   #19
Grey Dawn
KG cancer to the NBA

They are both terrible PGs,
They are SGs who always have the ball in their hands.
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 02:01 PM   #20
bizil
College superstar

The PG position has totally changed from its roots. Before it was about being a pass first floor general. And some of those generals also had the ability to morph into great scorers. So the guys like Big O, Magic, Zeke, Frazier, Payton, etc. gave u the best of both worlds. Those guys were the perfect type of PG in my opinion because of that combo. In today's game, CP3 and Wall are the closest to this. And Conley is also pass first while being a very good scorer too.

All the other top PG's are score first PG's. Many of them only play the PG because they are 6'3 and under. So while Harden and Westbrook are better players than a CP3, they AREN'T better floor generals. But between the two, I think Harden is the better floor general. But due to his 6'3 size and pace, I think Westbrook is more suited to play the PG. Westbrook can push a fast break more like an old school prototype PG. He just doesn't have the floor generalship that Magic, Isiah, Kidd, Stockton, or Nash had.

I mean MJ did an excellent job when he played PG. As a player OF COURSE he was better than Magic. BUT as a floor general, Magic was superior to MJ. Magic was born to play PG. MJ was born to be a killer. So it depends on how u look at the scenario. Back in the day, being a PG was like being a QB. U had to be born to play those positions damn near.
bizil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 04:26 PM   #21
PeroAntic
Dunking on everybody in the park

Westbrook because he shoots midrange and doesn't flop for fouls. but both are meh
PeroAntic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:05 PM   #23
CTbasketball92
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
You're not going to win a championship with either guy as "the man". Too ball dominant and too turnover prone. So I wouldn't want either of them if I was building a franchise. They don't play the right way. But probably give the nod to WB because he's significantly more athletic.

I feel like this is so reductive its ridiculous. Paul Pierce and KG were the best players on their team when they won the chip. Dirk in 2011. Peak Kobe and Peak DWade aren't beating this GSW team with merely, "great" teams. These guys arguably had top 20 seasons ever last year.
CTbasketball92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:19 PM   #24
MrFonzworth
Sam "The Shooter" Hyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold this L
You do realize that they played each other and Harden outplayed him right? It wasn't even a year ago, so it's amazing that you managed to forget.

It's Harden obviously. Westbrook has the basketball iq of a caveman in the stone ages. He's a dumbfck on the court and it shows in ps almost every time.
No, more like Russ stepped up while Oladipo & Kanter shit the bed.

Russ was the best player in that series, and Harden went ghost against SA.
MrFonzworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:40 PM   #25
CTbasketball92
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizil
The PG position has totally changed from its roots. Before it was about being a pass first floor general. And some of those generals also had the ability to morph into great scorers. So the guys like Big O, Magic, Zeke, Frazier, Payton, etc. gave u the best of both worlds. Those guys were the perfect type of PG in my opinion because of that combo. In today's game, CP3 and Wall are the closest to this. And Conley is also pass first while being a very good scorer too.

All the other top PG's are score first PG's. Many of them only play the PG because they are 6'3 and under. So while Harden and Westbrook are better players than a CP3, they AREN'T better floor generals. But between the two, I think Harden is the better floor general. But due to his 6'3 size and pace, I think Westbrook is more suited to play the PG. Westbrook can push a fast break more like an old school prototype PG. He just doesn't have the floor generalship that Magic, Isiah, Kidd, Stockton, or Nash had.

I mean MJ did an excellent job when he played PG. As a player OF COURSE he was better than Magic. BUT as a floor general, Magic was superior to MJ. Magic was born to play PG. MJ was born to be a killer. So it depends on how u look at the scenario. Back in the day, being a PG was like being a QB. U had to be born to play those positions damn near.

I've said this before, but I think Westbrook is one of those transcendent players who can be great literally regardless of the circumstances. Outside of his rookie year or the year after, I've never seen him truly neutralized in the playoffs. Compare his performance against the rockets to KD's 2013 performance against the Grizzlies. Harden doesn't strike me as that. That last game against San Antonio was unforgivable. Westbrook's motor and athleticism in conjunction with his very underrated skills makes him better, IMO
CTbasketball92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:23 AM   #26
RRR3
Youth is Wasted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold this L
Harden at OKC would actually make everyone better. And spare everyone with poor WB, dude has been on a stacked fcking team his entire career. He literally had 1 year with a poor roster, and he got PG for this upcoming season. Poor guy. If WB was not an egotistical all about me dumbass, he would have focused on defense last year since he had an elite defensive team. They would have been the 3rd best defensive team in the league had he done so, but trip dubs and MVP glory is more important than winning. Something his low iq has still been unable to properly process.
Curry stans talking about stacked teams

Westbook has more impact than Zero Votes Curry. Sounds to me like you're just mad he's better than your boy.
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:45 AM   #27
SouBeachTalents
LeBron > Kobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
Last year Harden averaged 5.7 TO and Westbrook 5.4 TO.

Guess how many TO MJ averaged in his 6 championship seasons? That's a 6 season sample size. 2.4 TO. On top of giving you 30+ PPG, elite D, elite post game and elite mid-range game.

People don't realize how much superior MJ is to even guys like these guys if you really break it down. These guys play 1 end and turn it over much more. MJ played 2 ends and was much more careful with the ball and much more efficient.
The thread had literally nothing to do with Jordan, he wasn't even alluded to
SouBeachTalents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:51 AM   #28
RRR3
Youth is Wasted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
You could make a thread asking people who's a better teammate between Sean Kilpatrick and Gorgui Dieng and people would find a way to bring up MJ Kobe and LeBron.
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 02:17 PM   #29
RealSkipBayless
The SkipBayless of ish

Westbrook by far.
RealSkipBayless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 02:26 PM   #30
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
For real

With no 3ball, it's a good thing we have other Jordan worshippers to take his place.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: