Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-03-2007, 11:18 AM   #1
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Default Clevland Cavs 5-1 underdogs

Drop $100 win $500. So who out there is gonna bet on Clevland for the series? You lose and depending how much you dropped its not bad. You win and the payout can give you a hard on. Or will you bet on the Spurs for the series where its the popular pick, no payout but if you lose bend over, bite down on wood and take it like Shogon would for Orlando to win it all.

Anyone gonna bet on the series or will you just do isolated games? Right now Cavs are 7.5 underdogs. Anyone not familiar for you to lose Spurs have to win by 8pts or more. Do you think this will be a GSW over Dallas? Or will the favorite prevail here as most predict? Talk $$$$$$ not series matchups.

DONALD "I'm betting on the Spurs for the series. $35,000. They will win cause I'm smart and you're not."
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 11:33 AM   #2
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Default Re: Clevland Cavs 5-1 underdogs

This is the way I see it.

You're putting up big money? Take the Spurs because it's a safe bet. You're making 100 for every 500 you put in, right? If I were in a financial situation that gave me the oppurtunity to drop 5000 dollars I'd do it.

If I'm betting under 500 dollars I'd jump on those 5:1 odds and hope for the best. Could make up to 2,500 if I make the right call.

Bottom line. Betting big go with the Spurs. Betting small go with the Cavs.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 11:37 AM   #3
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

I'm gonna put $100 on the Cavs too. If I lose, oh well, its just $100. but if I win, i'll start a thread on ISH about it where nobody will believe me unless I post proof with a reciept, a photo, pie charts, and graphs.
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 11:39 AM   #4
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
This is the way I see it.

You're putting up big money? Take the Spurs because it's a safe bet. You're making 100 for every 500 you put in, right? If I were in a financial situation that gave me the oppurtunity to drop 5000 dollars I'd do it.

If I'm betting under 500 dollars I'd jump on those 5:1 odds and hope for the best. Could make up to 2,500 if I make the right call.

Bottom line. Betting big go with the Spurs. Betting small go with the Cavs.

So what happens if you drop $5,000 on the Spurs and they lose?
Old 06-03-2007, 11:41 AM   #5
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGofTHEcourt
I'm gonna put $100 on the Cavs too. If I lose, oh well, its just $100. but if I win, i'll start a thread on ISH about it where nobody will believe me unless I post proof with a reciept, a photo, pie charts, and graphs.

I wouldnt doubt you if you said you won $500 on the Cavs. Has to be something extreme like saying you won $500,000 taking the Cavs for the series. That shyt is crazy.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:43 AM   #6
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

This is why betting on finals suck. $100 for a $500 payout? I think not.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 11:44 AM   #7
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
This is why betting on finals suck. $100 for a $500 payout? I think not.

I'm lost on the problem here. How is that bad?
Old 06-03-2007, 11:57 AM   #8
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I'm lost on the problem here. How is that bad?

Well we got proline here in Ontario. Have realistic chance of winning $500-1000 on $5 ticket.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 11:58 AM   #9
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
So what happens if you drop $5,000 on the Spurs and they lose?

That's the way it goes. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't - that's why it's called gambling.

I'm just saying, if it were me, I'd feel a lot better about putting 5000 dollars with 1000 to gain than putting down 5000 on the Cavs with a chance for 25,000.

Just feels like I would be throwing my money away betting that much on a Cavs team that has almost no chance on a stage like this against a team that has never lost in the finals in the Duncan era.

You know how some people didn't like to bet against Jordan in big time situations, i.e the playoffs?

I feel the same with Duncan for the most part, especially with the opposing team being the Cavs - arguably the worst team the Spurs have to face in these playoffs.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 11:59 AM   #10
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

This is a great spot to hedge your bet. If you take Cleveland in the series for a 100, and you stand to win 500, then you can turn around and lay 100 or 200 on the Spurs in game one. If the Spurs win, you're either even with a chance to win 500, or up a bill with a chance to win five. If the Spurs loose, you're just in better shape to hit your long shot. Either way, you can try again in game two.

The biggest problem would be the Spurs winning but not covering, which with the size lines they'll be laying as a title experienced, well rested, dominant team, is not that far fetched. So if you can, you're best suited to find a money line. Then all you need to do is win, no line. However, if they do loose, you'll probably be paying 1.75 to 1 for what you lay.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:09 PM   #11
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Thats what i was thinkin Thor but I dunno. Havent decided.

Quote:
That's the way it goes. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't - that's why it's called gambling.

I'm just saying, if it were me, I'd feel a lot better about putting 5000 dollars with 1000 to gain than putting down 5000 on the Cavs with a chance for 25,000.

Just feels like I would be throwing my money away betting that much on a Cavs team that has almost no chance on a stage like this against a team that has never lost in the finals in the Duncan era.

You know how some people didn't like to bet against Jordan in big time situations, i.e the playoffs?

I feel the same with Duncan for the most part, especially with the opposing team being the Cavs - arguably the worst team the Spurs have to face in these playoffs.

Nah i feel you...a lot of people are gonna be doing that. I might...not sure. I've been saying Spurs from day 1. They are playing great, got the momentum. Just dont see David slaying Goliath here. So why not just take them.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:01 PM   #12
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:

Cavs>>>>Jazz>>>>>Nuggets
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 01:40 PM   #13
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

5 to 1 odds are just dumb. why would anyone bet on the Spurs? there's no money to be made and cmon they could easily lose. it's far from impossile.

I'd bet on Cavs if I bet which I don't.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 02:00 PM   #14
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
5 to 1 odds are just dumb. why would anyone bet on the Spurs? there's no money to be made and cmon they could easily lose. it's far from impossile.

I'd bet on Cavs if I bet which I don't.

Would you have bet Denver and Utah over Spurs.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:06 PM   #15
SCY
Put yr guns up

The Cavs are +7.5 for Thursday. Not sure if I should wait a game to see how it plays out or jump on that early.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: