Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2017, 09:08 PM   #1
FreezingTsmoove
The Sheriff
 
FreezingTsmoove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 8,270
Default 8 or 24 🤔

Same beast 😳 Different animal 😐 Which version was better?
FreezingTsmoove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:31 PM   #2
FKAri
NBA All-star
 
FKAri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 9,293
Default Re: 8 or 24 🤔

24. Smarter and a much better leader when it came to empowering and motivating teammates. Something Kobe was not a natural at and had to develop.
FKAri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:36 PM   #3
King Baron
Phil GOAT GM
 
King Baron's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 396
Default Re: 8 or 24 🤔

I count 2006 Kobe, especially the Suns playoff series as his best individual peak unstoppable performance. So probably 8, though he won championships as undisputed team leader as 24.
King Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:45 PM   #4
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted
 
bigkingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Land of 1 NBA Championship*
Posts: 15,544
Default Re: 8 or 24 🤔

8, far better penetration.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:52 PM   #5
SouBeachTalents
LeBron > Kobe
 
SouBeachTalents's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 10,574
Default Re: 8 or 24 🤔

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Baron
I count 2006 Kobe, especially the Suns playoff series as his best individual peak unstoppable performance. So probably 8, though he won championships as undisputed team leader as 24.
'06 regular season, no doubt, but the Suns series his most unstoppable performance, not even close
SouBeachTalents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 10:00 PM   #6
King Baron
Phil GOAT GM
 
King Baron's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 396
Default Re: 8 or 24 🤔

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
'06 regular season, no doubt, but the Suns series his most unstoppable performance, not even close

81 was obviously amazing but I consider this
as his greatest moment to have watched live to be honest. Will never forget it.
King Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 10:02 PM   #7
King Baron
Phil GOAT GM
 
King Baron's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 396
Default Re: 8 or 24 🤔

Shame they didn't win the Suns series that year, I think they would have eliminated the Clippers and probably could have taken the Mavs leading to an awesome Heat-Lakers series.
King Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 10:05 PM   #8
SouBeachTalents
LeBron > Kobe
 
SouBeachTalents's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 10,574
Default Re: 8 or 24 🤔

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Baron
81 was obviously amazing but I consider this
as his greatest moment to have watched live to be honest. Will never forget it.
That's arguably his most iconic playoff moment, and dude dropped 50 in Game 6, but you could honestly choose multiple playoff series from '01 & '08-'10 that were superior to his '06 series against the Suns
SouBeachTalents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 10:08 PM   #9
Smoke117
Banned
 
Smoke117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,505
Default Re: 8 or 24 🤔

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Baron
Shame they didn't win the Suns series that year, I think they would have eliminated the Clippers and probably could have taken the Mavs leading to an awesome Heat-Lakers series.

What? They weren't going to beat the Clippers or the Mavs. Clippers matched up much better with the Lakers than the Suns did. They would have had no chance vs them. That 06 team didn't have the talent to beat the Clippers or Mavs. You are smoking crack.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 10:16 PM   #10
King Baron
Phil GOAT GM
 
King Baron's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 396
Default Re: 8 or 24 🤔

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
What? They weren't going to beat the Clippers or the Mavs. Clippers matched up much better with the Lakers than the Suns did. They would have had no chance vs them. That 06 team didn't have the talent to beat the Clippers or Mavs. You are smoking crack.

They didn't really have the talent outside of Kobe, Odom to match up and defeat the Suns either but they still went up 3-1.

Kobe always had a field day against the Mavs. The Clippers would have lost home court advantage playing at a Staples center loaded with Laker fans potentially. There was a chance. Obviously, it didn't happen but no need to be so angry man.
King Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 10:36 PM   #11
tpols
we already won
 
tpols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 18,769
Default Re: 8 or 24 🤔

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Baron
They didn't really have the talent outside of Kobe, Odom to match up and defeat the Suns either but they still went up 3-1.

Kobe always had a field day against the Mavs. The Clippers would have lost home court advantage playing at a Staples center loaded with Laker fans potentially. There was a chance. Obviously, it didn't happen but no need to be so angry man.


Smoke will get very defensive if you try to give Kobe any credit.

Funny thing is lamar odom was better than anybody outside dirk in the Mavs matchup. And they had NOBODY to stop kobe...they were the team afterall he outscored through 3 quarters 63-62 in the regular season. They would've been challenged quite well.
tpols is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 10:41 PM   #12
BigKAT
Our lord and saviour
 
BigKAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Holy Land
Posts: 2,857
Default Re: 8 or 24 🤔

I think 8.

Yes, he was imperfect, and not as good a leader and teammate.

But something about his flaws made him more compelling than previous All-time greats imo.

Jordan has this aura.
Lebron and Shaq dominated the league.

Kobe was endearing, because great as he was, you could see how hard he worked to master every post move, every fade away jumper, and turn-around-baseline dunk.

It's good to see his numbers go up so fast. I liked that the spurs did it with Duncan too. No point in waiting imo.
BigKAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 10:43 PM   #13
Gus Hemmingway
Bye Kyrisha
 
Gus Hemmingway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Posts: 5,000
Default Re: 8 or 24 🤔

Kobe got spanked by Amare'less Suns, blew a 3-1 lead and got bounced in the first round

In his prime
Gus Hemmingway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 10:46 PM   #14
BigKAT
Our lord and saviour
 
BigKAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Holy Land
Posts: 2,857
Default Re: 8 or 24 🤔

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus Hemmingway
Kobe got spanked by Amare'less Suns, blew a 3-1 lead and got bounced in the first round

In his prime

And a prime KD lost a 3-1 to golden state with a 80% Curry.

And Lebron lost to the Celtics in his 2nd MVP season.

So?
BigKAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:53 AM   #15
sportjames23
GOAT
 
sportjames23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12,373
Default Re: 8 or 24 🤔

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus Hemmingway
Kobe got spanked by Amare'less Suns, blew a 3-1 lead and got bounced in the first round

In his prime


0/2 or 3/8
sportjames23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:01 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy