Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-13-2017, 03:53 PM   #1
Smoke117
Warriors 4 Life

Default Exclusive Ray Allen interview: Talks Pierce, Celtics, Heat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y_AupMDR8Q

Still blows my mind that any celtic fans could be salty with him. He didn't owe the Celtics any loyalty after they tried to trade him a couple of times. His going to the heat was a direct f@ck you to the Celtics brass. The players have to know now that you will never get any kind of loyalty from Danny Ainge. This could hurt them in the future as more than a few players have come out saying how ****ed up it was how IT was just shipped away after his great season and how he recruited Horford and helped recruit Hayward. Free agents are going to be wary of going to the Celtics from now on.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:25 PM   #2
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Default Re: Exclusive Ray Allen interview: Talks Pierce, Celtics, Heat

I'm sure that free agents will be extremely upset that the Celtics traded a player that played well for them. The 29 other teams that have done the exact same thing should also be worried. Which means of course that no one will ever sign a free agent contract again. Unless they're offered millions of dollars to play a game, in which case false alarm never mind.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:52 PM   #3
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Both players and team management can agree on one thing; The NBA is a business. Simple and plain.

Fans getting angry about players leaving is idiotic. Fans getting salty about a team trading a player is imbecilic. This is a bottom line business. Want loyalty? Go work for your dad a la Austin Rivers. Glenn could have fleeced the Knicks for Melo for that scrub and he was like, "nah, my wife would make me sleep on the couch"

With that said, F*** Ray Allen. Same to all them Celtics
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 09:06 AM   #4
Haymaker
NBA lottery pick

OP is too young to understand team rivalries.
Haymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 09:35 AM   #5
Hittin_Shots
Great college starter

So if IT left at the end of the year because celtics didn't offer a max would ppl have cried about it? He said he was worth max therefore was probably gone to a team willing to pay it, don't think Cs wanted to be part of that.
Hittin_Shots is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 09:38 AM   #6
Orlando Magic
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
Both players and team management can agree on one thing; The NBA is a business. Simple and plain.

Fans getting angry about players leaving is idiotic. Fans getting salty about a team trading a player is imbecilic. This is a bottom line business. Want loyalty? Go work for your dad a la Austin Rivers. Glenn could have fleeced the Knicks for Melo for that scrub and he was like, "nah, my wife would make me sleep on the couch"

With that said, F*** Ray Allen. Same to all them Celtics

Idiotic?

I'm not going to entirely disagree with what you're saying but... you do realize these are the same fans that passionately root for these people night in and night out right?

Are they just supposed to shut that off?

Unless of course you want to argue that rooting for any team or any player is idiotic tribalism, in which case I'm not going to disagree, but then... what are we doing here?
Orlando Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 09:54 AM   #7
Hey Yo
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haymaker
This.....
Hey Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:59 AM   #8
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
Idiotic?

I'm not going to entirely disagree with what you're saying but... you do realize these are the same fans that passionately root for these people night in and night out right?

Are they just supposed to shut that off?

Unless of course you want to argue that rooting for any team or any player is idiotic tribalism, in which case I'm not going to disagree, but then... what are we doing here?

Fan is short for fanatic. I understand that there is a connection we have to athletes for one reason or another, and that connection can run deep. We pay good, hard earned money to these teams who employ these players. That does not give us the right to blatantly bash a guy for doing what is right for him and his family. He has that right. This isn't pre-Oscar Robertson where a team squatted on a players rights. Social media has changed the way people react to players in a way that is not healthy. If you wanted to talk shit to a guy, you had to get close to him, now you can just tweet some bullshit and the world will take it and run with it. Some if it is funny, I'll admit. But a vast majority is cowardice and malice masquerading as funny.

There are people who are burning IT's jersey because he was traded. He had nothing to do with that. That is idiotic. Like you, I love this game. But I won't let that blind me from the fact that these are men who are playing this game to feed their families and not out of the goodness of their hearts. To give them excessive hate for leaving to another situation like they are betraying us. Give me a break, they don't owe us shit.

Chris Webber, helped bring SacTown back from the brink of financial disaster. Gets hurt and subsequently traded. No one bats an eye.

Shaun Livingston, was a top 5 pick, playing out of his mind for the Clippers and gave the fans hope for the future for the shittiest franchise in the history of the NBA. Shreds his knee, gets cut.

I'm not saying don't love your favorite players. I'm saying understand that they are not beholden to us and what they do should be in their best interest.
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:15 PM   #9
JohnnySic
green is good

I never had a problem with Allen leaving. That team was done by then anyway. It was time to move on.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:18 PM   #10
FreezingTsmoove
The Sheriff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
I never had a problem with Allen leaving. That team was done by then anyway. It was time to move on.

Bosh and Wade were done too so Celtics could have still easily beat the Heat
FreezingTsmoove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:37 PM   #11
Smoke117
Warriors 4 Life

Quote:

Ray Allen going to the Heat was a direct **** you to the Celtics, dipshit.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:40 PM   #12
BlackWhiteGreen
NBA lottery pick

You're applying logic where logic doesn't apply.

I know I've got no good reason to dislike him for doing what he did, he had every right to move to a different team, but I still dislike him for doing so. But then I'm not in his Instagram comments yelling abuse at him either...
BlackWhiteGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 01:18 PM   #13
Vancouver-Grizz
Rich Manning is my dad

Quote:

Allen's dislike for Celtics management was far greater then any rivalries. His move to the HEAT was to stick it up to Ainge. Besides, it was the right move... He got another championship plus he made "The Shot".
Vancouver-Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: