Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-07-2006, 01:36 PM   #1
doc_dimez
Can barely lace up my sneakers

doc_dimez has an OK reputation so far
Default Lebron still hasn't re-signed with Cavs!

Of all the dumb things Isiah has done.....by far the worst is not clearing up salary cap space to make a run at Lebron......do you know there is a clause in Lebron's Nike contract that says he gets more money if he is playing for a large market team (NY,L.A. or Chi)......I think if we had the money he would have definitely come to NYC......I say keep the rooks and get rid everybody else, oh well these are just pipe dreams....I just want a Knicks dynasty damn it, I mean we are the only major market basketball team w/o a dynasty. LA had 2, once with Magic and then later with Shaq, Chicago has had it with Jordan, even Boston has had it with Russell and then with Bird......When was our last championhip, OVER 30 YEARS AGO (anyway I wasn't born yet for those 2)!!!!!!..I'm sick of it trade everybody, give em away, I don't care...just get Lebron and then build around him.......allright now that I got that out my system......Go Knicks Go (yeah whatever, dumb !@#$ed up team that I can't seem to stop supporting)
doc_dimez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:18 PM   #2
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected poster

When Isiah got he Job, it was already impossible to clear enough cap space to be able to sign any good free agent until 2007.
The only way NY could get Lebron was adding pieces to offer to cleveland in a sign and trade, unfortunely due to last season no one wants those pieces right now.
If it wasn't for Larry Brow insistence in acquiring Francis, the Knicks would have been one year from now with a payroll barelly over the cap and with a young team.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:04 AM   #3
bigdog13
High School JV MVP

bigdog13 has not been impressing people
Default LB23 to NYC

I guess you will have to wait an additional 5 yrs before LeBron donns the Blue and Orange.
bigdog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 11:01 AM   #4
MikeRo72
I airball my layups

MikeRo72 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_dimez
....do you know there is a clause in Lebron's Nike contract that says he gets more money if he is playing for a large market team (NY,L.A. or Chi)......

That's just speculation, if it is true it is more likely to be an under the table handshake because it would break NBA rules. That's collusion.

No one can pay Lebron more than the Cavs, Larry Bird rule, besides the players union would not let him take a lesser contract with the Knicks, it brings the salary plateu down.

At press time it seems Lebron wont sign a 5 year deal anyway, opting for a 3 year so he can cash in when the cap goes up again.
MikeRo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 11:53 AM   #5
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

Lebron is goin to the New York NETS
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 01:57 PM   #6
doc_dimez
Can barely lace up my sneakers

doc_dimez has an OK reputation so far

If Lebron goes to the BK Nets.....I will jump off a building, no seriosly I think I would have to cry.....well at least he would be in NY..you take what you can get I guess.......
doc_dimez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 02:19 PM   #7
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Lebron is goin to the New York NETS

HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 05:14 PM   #8
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

Lebron is not going to go to the Knicks. He said that he would sign with Cleveland so keep dreaming Knick fans.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:28 PM   #9
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian
Lebron is not going to go to the Knicks. He said that he would sign with Cleveland so keep dreaming Knick fans.

i cant wait to play the raps..you idiots gave up cv31 for tj ford..lol marbury eats up tj everytime they play..OHHHH YEAHHHH
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: