Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-17-2017, 09:35 PM   #16
stalkerforlife
Free the banned users.

Default Re: President of Georgia Tech's LGBTQ Organization takes on cops with a knife and loses

Lord P seems to be against police brutality, regardless of race.

He's a black man and you have to commend him.

Too many officers are cowards and kill without merit.
stalkerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 09:36 PM   #17
stalkerforlife
Free the banned users.

Default Re: President of Georgia Tech's LGBTQ Organization takes on cops with a knife and loses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Think logically. Not emotionally. A young person's life ending is tragic but that shouldn't have any relevance in the cop's decision.

How does pepper spray prevent the individual from stabbing the cop with a knife?

Do you REALLY think that lady was a real threat?

SERIOUSLY?

Tase her first and she goes down like a sack of potatoes.
stalkerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 09:36 PM   #18
Orlando Magic
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord P
No, the chances are that the cops had enough time to ask the individual to drop the weapon, but somehow not enough time to prepare a taser or pepper spray. This isn’t the Michael Brown situation where you have a 200 lb freight train coming at you at full speed. This is a clearly troubled individual who needs help, and instead he got a bullet to the heart. You can call me a lawbreaking apologist, but the only thing that I saw was a young person’s life end. However, I’m not surprised that you don’t see it that way now that I have read your last post. In fact, I’m willing to say that you’re glad that one of these “mentally ill” people are dead. Wouldn’t want transgenders destroying murica, right?

Transgender people aren't destroying America.

The people that think pandering to their illness is ok are one of the many things destroying America.

You're an idiot and it would take you personally being in a training exercise with a guy holding a pretend knife that suddenly starts running for you, for you to get it. Holy shit... they can close the gap quicker than you think, what don't you get?
Orlando Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 09:38 PM   #19
warriorfan
The Bully

He should of shot the *** in the leg
warriorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 09:39 PM   #20
Lord P
Made that high school varsity squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Think logically. Not emotionally. A young person's life ending is tragic but that shouldn't have any relevance in the cop's decision.

How does pepper spray prevent the individual from stabbing the cop with a knife?
If the pain alone doesnít get them to stop in their tracks, the fact that they canít see one inch in front of them might just do it. Iím not an expert on this stuff, but Iíve seen it used on bears, I donít think some feminine dude is going to be able to attack through that.
Lord P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 09:46 PM   #21
iamgine

Quote:
No, the chances are that the cops had enough time to ask the individual to drop the weapon, but somehow not enough time to prepare a taser or pepper spray. This isn’t the Michael Brown situation where you have a 200 lb freight train coming at you at full speed. This is a clearly troubled individual who needs help, and instead he got a bullet to the heart. You can call me a lawbreaking apologist, but the only thing that I saw was a young person’s life end. However, I’m not surprised that you don’t see it that way now that I have read your last post. In fact, I’m willing to say that you’re glad that one of these “mentally ill” people are dead. Wouldn’t want transgenders destroying murica, right?
I agree with you, this guy doesn't seem dangerous at all to warrant that shot. Clearly the police didn't need to use such force. But I'm glad they did, and it's not because he's a tranny. It's because he's a dumbass.

It doesn't matter who, an old frail lady or a big NFL dude, if the police orders you to drop your knife on gunpoint, has given you ample time and warnings and you don't comply, I always agree with shooting them. It gives a good example to everyone out there that this is how law enforcement work and it does not discriminate.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 09:51 PM   #22
Lord P
Made that high school varsity squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
Transgender people aren't destroying America.

The people that think pandering to their illness is ok are one of the many things destroying America.

You're an idiot and it would take you personally being in a training exercise with a guy holding a pretend knife that suddenly starts running for you, for you to get it. Holy shit... they can close the gap quicker than you think, what don't you get?

So your main argument is that a melee weapon wielder can close a gap quickly. No shit. The gap in the video you have shown is clearly not comparable to the gap between the students and the officers. On top of that, they all knew what to expect, there were multiple officers at the scene, and they were all given ample time to increase the gap and prepare a nonlethal weapon. The person who shot him was clearly ready to do it at any time, the student took one step forward and got shot. If the weapon wielder was clearly aggressive I would agree with you, but at the very most he was being uncooperative with them.
Lord P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 09:55 PM   #23
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

TBH, shooting him/her is excessive. Tasering would have done just as well. But that being said the transgender obviously had some sort of agenda. Probably wanted the cops to shot earlier so he/she can be paraded around campus as some sort of champion against the police. People like him/her are professional victims
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 09:57 PM   #24
Orlando Magic
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
So your main argument is that a melee weapon wielder can close a gap quickly. No shit. The gap in the video you have shown is clearly not comparable to the gap between the students and the officers. On top of that, they all knew what to expect, there were multiple officers at the scene, and they were all given ample time to increase the gap and prepare a nonlethal weapon. The person who shot him was clearly ready to do it at any time, the student took one step forward and got shot. If the weapon wielder was clearly aggressive I would agree with you, but at the very most he was being uncooperative with them.

Even with damn video tape to repeatedly freely watch you still can't give a reliable account of events... thankfully you aren't testifying with anyone's life on the line... lol...
Orlando Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 10:02 PM   #25
Hawker
Repeal FATCA

Quote:
If the pain alone doesnít get them to stop in their tracks, the fact that they canít see one inch in front of them might just do it. Iím not an expert on this stuff, but Iíve seen it used on bears, I donít think some feminine dude is going to be able to attack through that.

You can't pepper spray the person until they are close enough to you. Possibly close enough to take a swipe with a knife.

I can see where a tazer may help. At least an attempt.

Take down, pepper spray shot at the leg are out of the question for me.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 10:15 PM   #26
MrFonzworth
Sam "The Shooter" Hyde

Can you imagine if they were black? This video would be EVERYWHERE.
MrFonzworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 10:16 PM   #27
sd3035
Impartial NBA analyst

good work by the cop
sd3035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 11:16 PM   #28
Smoke117
Banned

One less freak to deal with.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 11:25 PM   #29
CelticBaller
You mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
One less freak to deal with.
For real

"They" like wtf
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 11:56 PM   #30
nathanjizzle
Trumptard Persecutor

do cops ever aim for limbs or even a warning shot. its not like he was charging at the police, he was walking towards from a good distance.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: