Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-21-2017, 09:03 AM   #61
step_back
College superstar

Default Re: President of Georgia Tech's LGBTQ Organization takes on cops with a knife and loses

Does this mean we can now freely discuss the idea in society that gender identity issues might actually be a serious form of mental illness? Without the usual repercussions of bigoted, transphobic male privilege canned responses from supposedly liberal thinkers?

No...

......Nevermind
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:14 AM   #62
Rolando
Local High School Star

Default Re: President of Georgia Tech's LGBTQ Organization takes on cops with a knife and loses

I guess one logical path to all this is:

1. People who are uncomfortable with their physical gender may have a psychological illness.

2. We can't cure this illness.

3. So, we just give these people the opportunity to surgically alter their gender.

4. Problem solved....right?

I personally don't give a damn.
Rolando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 03:01 AM   #63
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolando
I guess one logical path to all this is:

1. People who are uncomfortable with their physical gender may have a psychological illness.

2. We can't cure this illness.

3. So, we just give these people the opportunity to surgically alter their gender.

4. Problem solved....right?

I personally don't give a damn.

No, and here's why: the suicide rate DOES NOT GO DOWN if a transition is made by someone who is struggling with this kind of body dysmorphia. It is 40 percent or there abouts regardless of where the individual is in transition. It would not surprise me if this was suicide by cop.

These individuals need help, and I don't expect it to be something curable. Underlying causes like depression can lead to and be manifest in such ways, and I'm pretty sure that's what the DSM has been changed to reflect.

Does anybody really think that those cops wanted to shoot this kid? That they wanted his blood on their hands? I'm positive that they wish to God they had not have, but what else would you have had them do when many a cop has died because they were not vigilant?

It's a mental disorder. We should not enable them. Respect them, by all means, but really get down to what might lead them to kill themselves at a 40% clip.
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 01:49 AM   #64
JEFFERSON MONEY
3-time NBA All-Star

Not right.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 01:49 AM   #65
JEFFERSON MONEY
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreck Shop
Oh damn, some troubled kid got killed...

How did you guys get to be so cool? If you're gonna say dick headed callous shit can you at least try to be funny? Stale ass lames

JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: