Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-18-2017, 05:27 PM   #16
Smoke117
NBA Legend

Default Re: Were all witnessing greatness. Alec Baldwin wins emmy for best supp actor comedy(SNL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomCreep
And this is what protesting too much looks like.

You're a Trumptard. Accept it.

You f@ggots have really ruined this board. It used to be about sluts, drugs, and booze...now there is just a wall of this boring political bullshit.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:27 PM   #17
ThePhantomCreep
College star

Default Re: Were all witnessing greatness. Alec Baldwin wins emmy for best supp actor comedy(SNL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levity
but SNL is terrible. absolutely so. the writing is so cheap and cringey. despite what their narrative is or isnt, the show is just bad writing these days. so to see it both nominated and then win those awards, is pretty laughable.

SNL was terrible as always (has been terrible for years) but the Trump sketches were terrific for the most part. They brought gangbuster ratings too.
ThePhantomCreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:34 PM   #18
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomCreep
SNL was terrible as always (has been terrible for years) but the Trump sketches were terrific for the most part. They brought gangbuster ratings too.

It's called obsession.

You see where Trump would cost Twitter $2 billion dollars if he left?

Obsession. Making fun of Trump was kinda funny the first time around, but then it was repeated and repeated.

As a result, those on the right stopped watching completely, and if SNL does anything not related to Trump, their viewers don't care.

That guy makes our country go.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 06:27 PM   #19
Hawker
Repeal FATCA

I really don't get why these extremely successful inidiciduals in their own field consume themselves over a president so much. It's really strange.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 06:28 PM   #20
hold this L
Curry 2 > 1 LeBronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
It's called obsession.

You see where Trump would cost Twitter $2 billion dollars if he left?

Obsession. Making fun of Trump was kinda funny the first time around, but then it was repeated and repeated.

As a result, those on the right stopped watching completely, and if SNL does anything not related to Trump, their viewers don't care.

That guy makes our country go.
I think it's more about beating a dead horse. It's hackey when all you do is make fun of one thing. I'm impartial to either side, and I stopped caring about the Trump bashing after a while. It lacked creative wit, it was just an easy way to get with the (left) masses.

Westworld not winning is sad as fck. One of the best season premieres of this decade imo. I haven't see the Handmaiden, so I can't talk how good it is. Just salty my favorite new series didn't win. Did Westworld win any other awards?
hold this L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 06:28 PM   #21
Hawker
Repeal FATCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
It looks like ratings for the Emmys have been on a downward slide since 2013. So it probably has little to do with Trump followers boycotting it.

I didn't even know they were on...watching SNF

TV today is pretty segmented crowds with Netflix, Hulu, Cable, etc...I bet that is to blame. It isn't like it used to be when everyone in the country was watching the same shows.

That's it. Every time I watch TV I want to turn it off again due to the commercials.

Also the emmys suck. Any awards show sucks.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 10:02 PM   #22
warriorfan
The Bully

UK you are kind of melting bro
warriorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:46 AM   #23
Godzuki
NBA Superstar

alec baldwin is great at Trump tho. nobody does it better thts why he deserves it
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:56 AM   #24
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
It looks like ratings for the Emmys have been on a downward slide since 2013. So it probably has little to do with Trump followers boycotting it.

I didn't even know they were on...watching SNF

TV today is pretty segmented crowds with Netflix, Hulu, Cable, etc...I bet that is to blame. It isn't like it used to be when everyone in the country was watching the same shows.
Not according to UK2K, every program that has lower ratings is somehow connected to Trump supporters not watching said program, you know because Trump is well loved and respected by the vast majority of America

Last edited by TheMan : 09-19-2017 at 09:00 AM.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:05 AM   #25
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
Not according to UK2K, every program that has lower ratings is somehow connected to Trump supporters not watching said program, you know because Trump is well loved and respected by the vast majority of America

It may be hard for you to imagine, but in most states, Trump IS very well liked. Of course, in many states he's not liked, California most of all.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:12 AM   #26
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
It may be hard for you to imagine, but in most states, Trump IS very well liked. Of course, in many states he's not liked, California most of all.
Millions more voted AGAINST him than for him

And he is disliked not only in CA but in the Northeast, and in America's big cities. More people simply dislike him than like him...that's all I'm saying.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:52 AM   #27
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan

Nah, most people are over politics. They have been since the election ended.

People want to watch sports to watch sports. People want to watch movies to watch movies.

MOST people don't want to have a political message attached to everything they see.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:59 AM   #28
Terahite
Original Triggerist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
alec baldwin is great at Trump tho. nobody does it better thts why he deserves it

i see your are easily amused
Terahite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 10:07 AM   #29
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorfan
UK you are kind of melting bro

I don't watch TV. Or the Emmys.

I have Hulu Live though. That's a nice deal.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: