Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2017, 04:49 PM   #16
FKAri
NBA All-star
 
FKAri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 9,303
Default Re: Exclusive: US government wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
Trump called it. Not only that, Obama knew about it, he had to. There's zero chance wiretapping someone as powerful as Mantafort gets approved without Obama knowing.
I think you already made this thread a few months back. I don't understand the connection to Obama that you were making before and continue to make. Obama didn't need to approve anything for there to be a nationwide citizen surveillance program either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falc39
Not surprising after what Snowden revealed. How many times does he need to be proven right? Lol

Yet the sheep still support the surveillance state.
And yet it keeps being used by clowns like OP to support some kind of partisan argument.

Last edited by FKAri : 09-19-2017 at 04:52 PM.
FKAri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 05:57 PM   #17
UK2K
NBA Legend
 
UK2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 16,715
Default Re: Exclusive: US government wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman

I never once said Obama had anything to do with it.

I said he knew about it.

And no, I couldn't have made this thread months ago, because it's front page news today.

I may have made a thread when all the news outlets were laughing at Trump for saying he was being wiretapped. Well, here we are, a few months later. Right again.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:25 PM   #18
Hawker
Repeal FATCA
 
Hawker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 17,856
Default Re: Exclusive: US government wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
Funny how you clowns are angered by the government doing it's job rather than Trump's campaign potentially colluding with an enemy state to undermine our political process/system..

I'm sure you agreed with the patriot act right?
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:23 PM   #19
FireDavidKahn
The Puppeteer
 
FireDavidKahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,510
Default Re: Exclusive: US government wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman

Trump said Obama wiretapped him
FireDavidKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 09:19 AM   #20
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!
 
NumberSix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Internets
Posts: 26,591
Default Re: Exclusive: US government wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
Trump said Obama wiretapped him
And you say Trump deports people. We all understand that the president doesn't literally do these things himself. We all understand that Barack Obama didn't sneak into Trump tower and tap their phone wires.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:49 AM   #21
step_back
College superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,706
Default Re: Exclusive: US government wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman

This is the type of shit that American Politicians condemn Russia for.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 11:42 AM   #22
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba
 
rufuspaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 21,580
Default Re: Exclusive: US government wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by step_back
This is the type of shit that American Politicians condemn Russia for.


Exactly. But it's okay because it was the Obama administration. They could do no wrong.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:00 PM   #23
sd3035
Impartial NBA analyst
 
sd3035's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 6,921
Default Re: Exclusive: US government wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman

Trump continues winning
sd3035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:03 PM   #24
BigNBAfan
Great college starter
 
BigNBAfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Eastern Coastal Beach
Posts: 3,550
Default Re: Exclusive: US government wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman

Eliteballer is a mexican upset his family cannot cross the border as easily anymore and that there is a growing anti-hispanic trend.
BigNBAfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:42 PM   #25
Pointguard
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Pointguard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City
Posts: 10,751
Default Re: Exclusive: US government wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
No mention of Trump being correct, again?

Well, I'll mention it.

Trump called it. Not only that, Obama knew about it, he had to. There's zero chance wiretapping someone as powerful as Mantafort gets approved without Obama knowing.

The funny part about all this is, the left was screaming 'Russia! Russia!' for months, and here we have one of the key figures in the investigation under surveillance for MONTHS before and after the election...

And what did they find?

Absolutely nothing. Shocking.
Not to burst your bubble but where does it say Trump was wiretapped?

Before the investigation we didn't know that Kushner was trying to create a back channel to communicate with Russia on their servers. Kusher didn't even put down he went to Russia and spoke to ex-intelligence officers.

Before the investigation we didn't know Trump Jr., Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner, and campaign manager Paul Manafort all met with Russians to discuss information on Hillary. All of them lied and said they had no contact with Russians. They did so in Trump's main headquarters at the time.

Before the investigation we didn't know Flynn was a train wreck - a double agent with crimes towering above mountains. And all of this came from the media. What the FBI has can't be at the same level. You couldn't care less about a gang of liars getting caught red handed but want Trump to be right on something!
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 01:47 PM   #26
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.
 
bdreason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: HB, CA
Posts: 25,583
Default Re: Exclusive: US government wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman

So Trumps campaign chairman was being investigated by the FBI to the point of getting a court-ordered warrant for a wiretap... and Trumptards see this as a win?

“Trump was right! His building was tapped!”

Ya, because his associates are crooks and were being investigated by the FBI. That’s not a good thing.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 01:57 PM   #27
UK2K
NBA Legend
 
UK2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 16,715
Default Re: Exclusive: US government wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
Not to burst your bubble but where does it say Trump was wiretapped?

Before the investigation we didn't know that Kushner was trying to create a back channel to communicate with Russia on their servers. Kusher didn't even put down he went to Russia and spoke to ex-intelligence officers.

Before the investigation we didn't know Trump Jr., Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner, and campaign manager Paul Manafort all met with Russians to discuss information on Hillary. All of them lied and said they had no contact with Russians. They did so in Trump's main headquarters at the time.

Before the investigation we didn't know Flynn was a train wreck - a double agent with crimes towering above mountains. And all of this came from the media. What the FBI has can't be at the same level. You couldn't care less about a gang of liars getting caught red handed but want Trump to be right on something!

Quote:
Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!

That is a definitive fact.

Obama didn't do it, obviously, but there's no question that he knew about it. Paul Mantafort has lived in Trump Tower for years.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:30 PM   #28
Pointguard
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Pointguard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City
Posts: 10,751
Default Re: Exclusive: US government wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
That is a definitive fact.

Obama didn't do it, obviously, but there's no question that he knew about it. Paul Mantafort has lived in Trump Tower for years.

Trump's Tower and Trump are interchangeable??? All of Trump's properties are off limits? Is Trump tower a free haven to evade the FBI? So why didn't Kushner have his secret sever meeting in Trump Tower if its lockproof. Who told on Trump Jr when he had his meeting in Trump Tower with Manafort and the Russian lawyer.

As citizens we should be more concerned about them getting it right. Manafort has lied and said he didn't have contact with Russians, that's reason enough for them to be on him again. Mueller's people got a judge to give permission to raid his home with Trump as President. So its not just the FBI. What is it, like 90 to 10 that he will be indited? Sorry but waaaay too many lies have evolved since that Trump tweet. If he got this right its the law of averages. Very different if Trump was humble and admits when he's wrong.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:35 PM   #29
UK2K
NBA Legend
 
UK2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 16,715
Default Re: Exclusive: US government wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
Trump's Tower and Trump are interchangeable??? All of Trump's properties are off limits? Is Trump tower a free haven to evade the FBI? So why didn't Kushner have his secret sever meeting in Trump Tower. Who told on Trump Jr when he had his meeting in Trump Tower with Manafort and the Russian lawyer.

As citizens we should be more concerned about them getting it right. Manafort has lied and said he didn't have contact with Russians, that's reason enough for them to be on him again. Mueller's people got a judge to give permission to raid his home. So its not just the FBI. What is it, like 90 to 10 that he will be indited? Sorry but waaaay too many lies have evolved since that Trump tweet. If he got this right its the law of averages.

We're you so concerned about why additional security at the Benghazi embassy was denied numerous times?

I didn't think so.

But, I will say, that Trump claimed 'Obama' (which we assume is his government) wiretapped his wires at Trump Tower.

That is, without a doubt, a 100% fact. They did wiretap Trump Tower. Did they wiretap Trump specifically? Maybe? We don't know, but its certainty possible. We do know, though, that Trump was part of conversations with Mantafort that were wiretapped at Trump Tower.

There's a reason this made front page news at every media outlet.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:55 PM   #30
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba
 
rufuspaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 21,580
Default Re: Exclusive: US government wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
As citizens we should be more concerned about them getting it right. Manafort has lied and said he didn't have contact with Russians


It's illegal to have contact with or do business with Russians? Who knew?

If all this is true the Obama administration makes Nixon look like a complete amateur when it comes to domestic spying on your political enemies.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:08 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy