Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-20-2017, 04:20 PM   #31
ThePhantomCreep
College star

Default Re: Exclusive: US government wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
It's illegal to have contact with or do business with Russians? Who knew?

If all this is true the Obama administration makes Nixon look like a complete amateur when it comes to domestic spying on your political enemies.

Anyone sitting in a federal prison for colluding with a foreign power. Manafort's shady dealings span 11 years, and the FBI will uncover every last one of them before handing out their indictment. At that point it's just a matter of Manafort flipping and bringing Team Gump down in the process.

I'm not saying that's going to happen, but it's a highly plausible scenario. I know you guys desperately want Russiagate to be fake news, but it's not.
ThePhantomCreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 04:25 PM   #32
ThePhantomCreep
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
So Trumps campaign chairman was being investigated by the FBI to the point of getting a court-ordered warrant for a wiretap... and Trumptards see this as a win?

“Trump was right! His building was tapped!”

Ya, because his associates are crooks and were being investigated by the FBI. That’s not a good thing.

The wiretap was legally obtained by the FBI, so what's Trump crying about?

Were Trumptards screaming foul while the FBI was sifting through Hillary's dirty laundry? I doubt it.
Old 09-20-2017, 04:39 PM   #33
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

http://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/...s-he-did-to-me

Quote:
The intelligence community secretly expanded its authority in 2011 so it can monitor innocent U.S. citizens like you and me for doing nothing more than mentioning a target’s name a single time.
In January 2016, a top secret inspector general report found the NSA violated the very laws designed to prevent abuse.
In 2016, Obama officials searched through intelligence on U.S. citizens a record 30,000 times, up from 9,500 in 2013.
Two weeks before the election, at a secret hearing before the FISA court overseeing government surveillance, NSA officials confessed they’d violated privacy safeguards “with much greater frequency” than they’d admitted. The judge accused them of “institutional lack of candor” and said, “this is a very serious Fourth Amendment issue.”

Like I said before the fact that the Obama administration did this makes it perfectly okay with the Left.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 04:41 PM   #34
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomCreep

The wiretap was legally obtained by the FBI, so what's Trump crying about?

Were Trumptards screaming foul while the FBI was sifting through Hillary's dirty laundry? I doubt it.

The media jumped on Trump for tweeting that Trump Tower had been wiretapped, calling him a liar repeatedly. Turns out he was right, just as he has been right about most things.
Old 09-20-2017, 04:46 PM   #35
ThePhantomCreep
College star

Quote:
The media jumped on Trump for tweeting that Trump Tower had been wiretapped, calling him a liar repeatedly. Turns out he was right, just as he has been right about most things.

The man doesn't know his ass from his elbow and lies like a mafioso at an interrogation. The few times this shitstain gets it right, it's entirely by accident.

Still lol @ celebrating the fact that the FBI obtained warrants to wiretap Trump's shady AF campaign team. Kudos on your big victory, I guess.
Old 09-20-2017, 04:47 PM   #36
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:

The man doesn't know his ass from his elbow and lies like a mafioso at an interrogation. The few times this shitstain gets it right, it's entirely by accident.

Still lol @ celebrating the fact that the FBI obtained warrants to wiretap Trump's shady AF campaign team. Kudos on your big victory, I guess.

Because Hillary's campaign was so clean in comparison.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:44 PM   #37
ThePhantomCreep
College star

Quote:
Because Hillary's campaign was so clean in comparison.

Forget Hillary, Nixon's 1972 campaign looks squeaky clean next to Trump's.

"I love wikileaks" translation: "I love foreign espionage on my political opponent." And Republican voters still consider themselves patriots?

Tricky Dick never asked the Soviets to dig up dirt on McGovern on national television, and he NEVER would have encouraged it in a million years.

Trump has normalized the absurd, and it's amazing the amount of shit he has gotten away with... for now.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:18 PM   #38
qrich
King Heno

Quote:

If all this is true the Obama administration makes Nixon look like a complete amateur when it comes to domestic spying on your political enemies.

Next thing you know, drinking Vodka will make you a Comrade.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:26 PM   #39
Hawker
Repeal FATCA

Quote:
Forget Hillary, Nixon's 1972 campaign looks squeaky clean next to Trump's.

"I love wikileaks" translation: "I love foreign espionage on my political opponent." And Republican voters still consider themselves patriots?

Tricky Dick never asked the Soviets to dig up dirt on McGovern on national television, and he NEVER would have encouraged it in a million years.

Trump has normalized the absurd, and it's amazing the amount of shit he has gotten away with... for now.

You sound like a neocon.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 09:52 PM   #40
Pointguard
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Its definitely illegal to lie about it continuously on government documents.

Absolutely so.

And its illegal to conspire with a hostile nation to influence our elections.

Are you confused???
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:15 PM   #41
Pointguard
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
We're you so concerned about why additional security at the Benghazi embassy was denied numerous times?

I didn't think so.
Under no circumstance, would I equate Benganzi's extra security with our democracy and national integrity. This deflect and try to make things equal is embarrassing.
Quote:
But, I will say, that Trump claimed 'Obama' (which we assume is his government) wiretapped his wires at Trump Tower.

Why was Trump hiring guys with backdoor access to Russia and were lying to our government about it? After awhile its on you as the President. Didn't he make fun of NJ Christie about how weak he was with his staff because they went behind his back and closed the bridge.
Quote:
That is, without a doubt, a 100% fact. They did wiretap Trump Tower. Did they wiretap Trump specifically? Maybe? We don't know, but its certainty possible. We do know, though, that Trump was part of conversations with Mantafort that were wiretapped at Trump Tower.

There's a reason this made front page news at every media outlet.
They can wiretap Trump Tower. You keep acting like its off limits - IT ISN"T. And it isn't synonymous with Trump himself. If Trump Jr. Manafort, Krushner and Flynn were all lying about their contact with Russia the FBI should begin Surveillance on them. Flynn was involved in building project for a nuclear power plant in Russia that he never revealed.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:22 PM   #42
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
And its illegal to conspire with a hostile nation to influence our elections.
It probably should be, but is it actually?

What specific law does it break? Title 18 of the United States Code covers federal crimes. Which law are you referring to?

Also, "hostile nation" has a specific legal definition. Russia is not a "hostile nation". It's specifically illegal for an American to work with a foreign power that the United States is at war with. The United States is not at war with Russia. There's been no congressional declaration of war against Russia. Russia has not declared war against the United States. No war.

Again, it probably should be illegal to coordination with a foreign government to influence an election, but I'm not sure that it actually is.

You'll need to name the actual law.

Last edited by NumberSix : 09-21-2017 at 01:34 PM.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 01:52 PM   #43
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Under no circumstance, would I equate Benganzi's extra security with our democracy and national integrity. This deflect and try to make things equal is embarrassing.

You can call it whatever you want, but let's not pretend like we are worried about national security all of a sudden.

Quote:
Why was Trump hiring guys with backdoor access to Russia and were lying to our government about it? After awhile its on you as the President. Didn't he make fun of NJ Christie about how weak he was with his staff because they went behind his back and closed the bridge.
Is that illegal? If anything, wouldn't you want associates that are well connected in the global community?

As for lying about it... I honestly don't whether Trump did or didn't lie. I haven't seen him say one thing or the other. I haven't been keeping up with this whole story.

Quote:
They can wiretap Trump Tower. You keep acting like its off limits - IT ISN"T. And it isn't synonymous with Trump himself. If Trump Jr. Manafort, Krushner and Flynn were all lying about their contact with Russia the FBI should begin Surveillance on them. Flynn was involved in building project for a nuclear power plant in Russia that he never revealed.

Yes they can, which is what Trump said, and then got blasted by the media for saying.

Of course, wiretapping your political opponents isn't illegal if you have an excuse. Nobody ever said it was.

But it is frowned upon. Imagine the uproar if Bush had tapped Obama. Don't worry, I've got your excuse already written up: 'But if Obama was possibly doing something illegal, I'd want him to be under surveillance'.

No you wouldn't.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 08:38 PM   #44
Pointguard
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
It probably should be, but is it actually?

What specific law does it break? Title 18 of the United States Code covers federal crimes. Which law are you referring to?

Common sense law. If a nation is being penalized for meddling in our politics and you get caught assisting them... . You are most definitely breaking a law. Facebook started off with we aren't cooperating to here is everything and some here are some extra's.
Quote:
Also, "hostile nation" has a specific legal definition. Russia is not a "hostile nation". It's specifically illegal for an American to work with a foreign power that the United States is at war with. The United States is not at war with Russia. There's been no congressional declaration of war against Russia. Russia has not declared war against the United States. No war.
A Hostile nation is different from a warring nations so that's definitely not the meaning. Hostile just means unfriendly. Like North Korea now is most definitely a hostile nation. Korea got sanctions from talking big. Russia got sanctions from a deed very likely affecting America's future. So if somebody cooperated with N. Korea you are cool with it???
Quote:
Again, it probably should be illegal to coordination with a foreign government to influence an election, but I'm not sure that it actually is.

You'll need to name the actual law.
You need a law to say whether it was seditious and disgusting behavior? I am not about the laws as much as I am about the foul behavior.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:52 PM   #45
Pointguard
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
Is that illegal? If anything, wouldn't you want associates that are well connected in the global community?

Yeah but you an't say that they had not connections with Russia when you know they did.
Quote:
As for lying about it... I honestly don't whether Trump did or didn't lie. I haven't seen him say one thing or the other. I haven't been keeping up with this whole story.
He got caught telling his son to lie about meeting with Russians in the Trump Tower. Told him to lie even about the number of people in the room.

Quote:

Yes they can, which is what Trump said, and then got blasted by the media for saying.

Of course, wiretapping your political opponents isn't illegal if you have an excuse. Nobody ever said it was.

But it is frowned upon. Imagine the uproar if Bush had tapped Obama. Don't worry, I've got your excuse already written up: 'But if Obama was possibly doing something illegal, I'd want him to be under surveillance'.

No you wouldn't.

Trump Jr. never came forward and said he had these meetings and then when he does he can't count, said it was about adoptions, it wasn't about Hillary. Kushner never came forward and talked about the meetings, or contact with Russia - he wanted to build a back channel communication channel with Russia. Flynn lied and said he didn't meet with them either while his money was linked to a nuclear power plant there. We need to wiretap guys like this.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: